Hung Up in HD on Madonna's channel!!

proxy

Guest Nobody Knows Me
18 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

maybe the thanksgiving drop is everyone of her music videos reloaded on youtube remastered.  thats what History 1983-2020 could mean.  How good would that be

That would be a dream come true! 

Does it feel like they are uploading the HQ videos for the bigger songs that are likely to feature on a new hits collection? Maybe that’s the case with the EP’s too.

When you think about Celebration is really did focus on her 80’s hits. It was more comprehensive than TIC in that sense. 
The whole of Immaculate Collection plus Everybody

Burning Up

Dress You Up

Who’s That Girl.

Maybe the next one will focus on her 90’s and 00’s material more with rarer tracks.

I think True Blue is a definite shoe in for any next hits collection and probably Human Nature and Rescue Me too. 

I actually can’t believe Human Nature wasn’t on Celebration TBH it’s one of her faves. 

Everybody, Burning Up, Lucky Star, Who’s That Girl, Dress You Up, Cherish and maybe even Open Your Heart & Borderline will be rested for the next one. I’d say maybe even Live To Tell because apart from being possibly her greatest song it’s so ignored and flies under the radar.

I don’t think you can do a Madonna collection without the immaculate tracks 

Holiday

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

Crazy For You

Into The Groove

Papa Don’t Preach

La Isla Bonita

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

Which if we follow the Celebration model of 36 songs, that leaves another 26 songs from the rest of her career. 
I’d be much happier with that balance this time around. It actually makes a bit of commercial sense too because let’s face it.. everyone has the immaculate collection. 

1. Holiday 

2. Like A Virgin

3. Material Girl

4. Crazy For You

5. Into The Groove

6. Papa Don’t Preach

7. True Blue

8. la Isla Bonita

9. Like A Prayer

10. Express Yourself

11. Vogue

12. Erotica

13. Deeper & Deeper

14. Rain

15. Secret

16. Take A Bow

17. Human Nature

18. Don’t Cry For Me Argentina

1. Frozen

2. Ray Of Light

3. The Power Of Goodbye

4. American Pie

5. Music

6. Don’t Tell Me

7. WIFLFAG

8. American Life

9. Hung Up

10. Get Together

11. 4 Minutes

12. Give It 2 Me

13. GMAYL

14. Girl Gone Wild

15. Ghosttown 

16. Bitch I’m Madonna 

17. Medellin

18. New Song

Feels like a more career balanced collection. Some obvious omissions but I’d rather have a proper retrospective than another Immaculate+

18 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

I've always thought in that song "I'm hung up" meant "I'm worried"... Which would match the rest of the lyrics for me... Can someone enlight me? 

To be hung up on someone/something means that you have an obsession or preoccupation with it, but you don't want to. You're stuck and you realize it and you'd like to move on but you can't. So the lyrics complain about her lover's behavior, but admit she can't move on. 

And also, to hang up the phone means to end a phone call, so that's why there are references to telephones in the song too. 

20 hours ago, hzmajesty said:

I'm starting to suspect that this History 1983-2020 is going to be a "Madonna-approved" greatest hits album with remastered music videos and they're releasing these videos to stream on youtube one by one to start the hype. I hope it's the case because her Videography deserves this kind of love.

It’s probably just going to be a Spotify playlist or something. 

That Aldo cover and the name "History 1983-2020" would be great for a rarities collection with some demos and rare b-sides, etc. etc.

Of course, it's not gonna happen :lol:

At this point I wouldn't mind a GOOD and proper new hits compilation with good versions and good mastering. And of course fixing "The Immaculate Collection" on digital.

But it will be a streaming playlist and that's it. :lord:

Would she dare include Levitating remix though just for the Dua promo on the adverts?

She would wouldn't she.

Scream!!!

Madonna - History 83-20

Featuring Britney Spears, Missy Elliot, Pharrell Wiliams, Justin Timberlake, MIA, Nicky Minaj, Lil Wayne, Swae Lee, Quavo, Malluma and Dula Peeps. 

The Way Dua Lipa doesn't even include her Madonna duet in her This Is Dua Lipa playlist on Spotify though!!

EOiQeWRUUAAM_uP.jpg

Be great but TBH I can't see her spunking all those rare tracks on one massive boxset for fans when the earning potential for repackaged studio albums with additional content is just around the corner in 2022 if she's getting her masters back.

You never know. If she's doing something like a Something To Remember project where she actually just wants to focus on the music for a change she might be putting together a selection of songs that she feels are most personal to her and I don't just mean ballads. Songs that she may even write something specific about each own the album footnotes. I'd be here for that so much and I don't think it's a bad idea. Someone of her stardom could easily get away with doing something like that. I think that would be really really special. Maybe even songs she's thinking of re highlighting prior to the biopic.

A Madonna collection with Everybody, Burning Up, True Blue, Promise To Try, Oh Father, Intervention, Nobody Knows Me, Lament, Little Star, Where's The Party, In This Life, Sooner Or Later, Ghosttown, Falling Free, Lovespent, Rebel Heart, God Control, ..blah etc woven among some of her favourite hits and album tracks would feel deeply personal and considered. 

but that would also include Candy Strop so forget it hen. 

• Fighter unfeatured this topic