Hung Up in HD on Madonna's channel!!

proxy

16 hours ago, deathproof said:

Well Bedtime Story was screened in movie theaters before it’s release on MTV, so a 35mm cut has to exist 

Express Yourself was screened years later. I can't remember where. It had something to do with David Fincher (maybe a marathon with his movies in a film festival?)

And I saw with my own eyes "Material Girl" and "Dress You Up" at the cinema when "Desperately Seeking Susan" was released in Spain. Believe me, to see "Material Girl" at the cinema is priceless.

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

And I saw with my own eyes "Material Girl" and "Dress You Up" at the cinema when "Desperately Seeking Susan" was released in Spain. Believe me, to see "Material Girl" at the cinema is priceless.

Yeah!!!! I remember that... It was great to watch those videoclips on the big screen!!!!!

On 11/30/2020 at 5:45 AM, Fighter said:

re-editing a video is not that hard, it's been done for entire TV shows. the only problem would be for videos like bedtime story that has so many effects... 

I really believe they just don't have the original stuff anymore, record companies are known for throwing stuff out... :cry: maybe one day we'll have flawless AI upscales...

Didn't a museum keep the original master or 35mm for Bedtime Stories?

Guest DeeperDeeper
On 11/30/2020 at 10:43 PM, Aiwa08 said:

Express Yourself was screened years later. I can't remember where. It had something to do with David Fincher (maybe a marathon with his movies in a film festival?)

Express Yourself in 35mm being projected onto a cinema screen would be brilliant to watch. 

I actually wonder if it's ever been screened along side Metropolis over the years? 

2 yrs ago I went to see The House With a Clock In Its Wall at the Lincoln Center IMAX in NYC. It included a screening of MJ’s Thriller remastered in IMAX AND in 3D. I have to say, it looked fucking marvelous! And the 3D was soooo well done. Better than any movie I had ever seen in 3D. It was a great marketing gimmick to get people to the theaters. It was better than the actual movie I went and saw!

And I’m not even an MJ fan, and I find the video over rated!

But I think it would be BRILLIANT if the same concept was presented with a Madonna video! Could you imagine if they did this with Express Yourself or Vogue?!?!? I WOULD DIE!

12 hours ago, Ashley said:

Express Yourself in 35mm being projected onto a cinema screen would be brilliant to watch. 

I actually wonder if it's ever been screened along side Metropolis over the years? 

I only know that "Express Yourself" was projected at the cinema, after 1998 for sure. Something related with a film festival. But I can't remember why they screened "Express Yourself" (David Fincher tribute? Metropolis premiered remastered and with new footage recovered?) or where it was screened. I'm sorry for my bad memory. I read that almost 10 years ago.

Update: It was at the LA Film Festival in 2009 (Propaganda & Satellite Films Get Their Tribute On):

Music videos used to be big: big in scope, big in budget, big in impact. Certain videos marked milestones, or were milestones in and of themselves. Videos shaped fashion trends, created visual identities for artists, started dance crazes.

Now, if you think back to the videos that are sharpest in your memory, it is more than likely that the biggest and the best were produced at Propaganda, or its sister company, Satellite Films.

As recounted by co-founder Steve Golin at the Propaganda/Satellite Class Reunion hosted by LAFF, these companies were at one time producing 200+ music videos a year; that’s a lot of meatballs.

However, if you break down those numbers and get to specifics, the amount of truly iconic videos is slightly ridiculous.

The tribute screening beforehand included Madonna “Express Yourself”, NIN “Closer”, REM “Drive”, Janet Jackson “If”, Guns N’ Roses “Welcome to the Jungle”… and that’s just the tip of an insanely talented iceberg (Yes. A talented iceberg.)

The only source of this info: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiamceKsK_tAhXpaRUIHQZMBTQ4ChAWMAZ6BAgJEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fnotes%2Ffilm-independent%2Flaff-blog-propaganda-satellite-films-get-their-tribute-on%2F104480621892%2F&usg=AOvVaw09ytd_2cdNmCxkbN9tbCJV

• Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...