Rumor : New album / Update page 23

Redha DBL

2 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Where do people get the idea she has just been lying in bed? She’s recovering but she’s not crippled. She has flown from Portugal to London and LA and now back to New York. She can’t be in that bad shape.  I think she has probably been toying with some musical and lyrical ideas although she’s probably not yet to the point of recording yet. 

She still cannot wear heels (hence why she's wearing sneakers and boots) and she was using crutches in Lisbon. Did you see that gash in her thigh from her surgery on IG recently? She is most definitely crippled.

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

You nail it so well. 

At the same time that's why I think an autobiography will be a better avenue to approach and as you say a good way to rectify her image. 

I don’t know why she isn’t writing a book and then optioning it to a studio that knows what it’s doing. She’s setting herself for failure yet again. I mean, you could hear the laughter when it was announced that not only was she writing the script but she was directing as well. It comes off as delusional. She’s made up her mind, I guess. If it’s a mess, hopefully it’ll be a campy mess like Who’s That Girl. :laughing::pop::02:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, drivebitch said:

I don’t know why she isn’t writing a book and then optioning it to a studio that knows what it’s doing. She’s setting herself for failure yet again. I mean, you could hear the laughter when it was announced that not only was she writing the script but she was directing as well. It comes off as delusional. She’s made up her mind, I guess. If it’s a mess, hopefully it’ll be a campy mess like Who’s That Girl. :laughing::pop::02:

I agree. I think Live to Tell - A Memoir could have been great. A book for fans and something to interest the general public, and then Universal can pick it up and a big screenwriter can adapt it into a big biopic directed by a good name. David Fincher would have been my dream. That way critics aren’t going to shut it down for being by Madonna but the facts will be accurate.

I will remain optimistic for this though. Hopefully Diablo has prevented it from being too much of a mess. 

7 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

I think it's the bloody social media. We used to see her as the queen of cool before 2014, completely unbothered. Remember when she would occasionally pop up on Guy Oseary's twitter back in the day and everybody would freak out. I want that kind of image for her. She's probably always been the same, it's just that we have more insight now.

I think this would honestly have the single biggest impact on her public image and how we all feel about her. As weird as it sounds to say as a fan of an artist, I want to see LESS of her! You’ve got stars out there like Adele and Beyoncé who post something on social media and it’s treated as important because it doesn’t happen often; we don’t often get to peak behind the curtain, so when we get a glimpse it’s special. And when creative projects arrive and get announced it’s exciting! She is literally the queen of pop and should no doubt have this respected and untouchable presence about her, like she did earlier in her career, but it’s different when she’s showing her and her whole family’s life daily like she’s a Kardashian. There’s no mystery any more.

I wish she had a proper digital marketing team handling all of her social channels putting some work into her public image, going through the archives and creating some nostalgic love for her, every now and then creating some actual content with her - Q&As, interviews etc, not just Ricardo filming her parties and witchcraft... I feel like the social era of showing everyone what you’re doing all the time is over, it’s about curation and quality over quantity now. Sorry bit of a ramble...

12 hours ago, steady75 said:

I honestly think this needs to take a different approach. The public’s affection for her is not at a high like Eltons and Freddies. A soundtrack won’t be a success off the back of a film because a film won’t be a smash success without her team putting a lot of work into rectifying her public image. I just don’t think people will go and see a Madonna biopic considering her public appearances and antics over the last few years. She’s not likeable enough even in an eccentric way like Elton is. Elton is funny in his odd little way. Madonna turns people off which is a shame because she’s brilliant but this rather odd version of herself she’s created in the last few years is not a good look. I don’t believe it’s who she really is either. 
For us fans this will amazing but I don’t see a more general appeal to be honest. 
She needs a major public persona overhaul to shift the units. More than post Erotica or American Life. People aren’t angry at her. They’ve just switched off... which is worse. 
The film could be a mega flop. 

This is so well said. I think it’s very naive to just assume this film will be a smash like rocketman and bohemian rhapsody. The general public doesn’t like her right now. They’re gonna have to put some work in to reinvent her again as not some eccentric, out of touch, pop star of years gone by like people think she’s become due to recent appearances. I guess it’s down to her whether she can let that happen, let her guard down a bit and be more personable. And the thing is she could! We all know how funny and infectious and poignant she can be. I just hope she’s not too stubborn to let the world see that side of her again.

10 hours ago, captainjay said:

I agree with you.

I also agree that this isn't really who she is, that she's dealing with a lot of insecurity - could be coming from Rocco, Guy, her brother, the fact that she had trouble selling out her last arena tour, and she didn't really capitalize on the critical success of MX Tour, she sabotaged it by being late or failing to cancel the tour for her own good when the time was appropriate. She's pissed off many of the people she's been able to lean on, and her reaction has been bratty or silly or immature instead of what we would expect from someone with her experience (I didn't want to say age, but I mean age .. as we're all older now too, we know what's right and wrong and we're not as punk rock as we used to be, so this doesn't come off as edgy and against the establishment, this comes off as childish, unprofessional, desperate and like she's fighting her own team or sabotaging her own fan-base for no good reason, when she should be feeding the fanbase and engaging them in a positive way).

If she can compartmentalize her family influences (6 kids telling you they do or do not like your music? Are you kidding me? We'd NEVER get JUSTIFY MY LOVE or EROTICA if kids were being asked for their fucking opinions... or one kid that thinks she's truly lame and pathetic (Rocco) and so just judges the fuck out of her to the point she's paralyzed and can't put anything out there in fear of what he'll think of her next and have his father shoulder to shoulder with him with judgement?? OMG, imagine how paralyzing that would be for ANY person? ANY mother?) and move beyond wanting to fit in with current sounds and what the teenagers are playing on the radio (radio, omg, i'm so old now ...) or STREAMING (more like it) and not worrying about filling arenas (theatre tours are fine and eventually the positive nostalgia will come back full circle and arenas will be easy to fill again (one day, obviously when it's safe to do so). 

I guess when I heard "theatre tour" I was SO excited. This is her chance.

• Incredible live band
  • Dig out a ton of songs that do not work in an arena sized stage/environment
  • Sing at the piano
  • Sit on the barstool
  • Don't have 18 dancers on stage at every given moment (lame now anyway, it's so over-done -- I mostly hate all tours by anyone young now because they've copied this format to a "T" and it's fucking predictable. 4 songs, video interlude, repeat, a gimmick, a cat-walk, 18 dancers, confetti, over. Lame.)
  • Don't worry about a gimmick (standing on your head, jumping rope like a 12-year old, performing and balancing on a line, pole dancing)
  • A trio of beautifully talented back-up singers to enhance your own beautiful voice (nothing pre-recorded) or 6, 3 male, 3 female - like George Michael would have done -- and lastly, 
  • JUST FOCUS ON BEAUTIFUL PERFORMANCE ... if you can't dance and sing then I say, JUST SING. We've seen you dance - we know what you are capable, you do not need to prove that anymore.
  • BEAUTIFUL costumes. Some edgy - sure - but some just very feminine and flattering costumes and make-up. 
  • No eye patch. No grills. Because ... all the reasons. 

But instead, I think we got an arena tour crammed into a theatre tour and some of it worked well and some of it did not.

Fine. We move on.

But I'd like my version next. :) 

Oh I'd like your version too, it's the only reasonable approach to have and the high standard kind of thing she really missed in her career at this point

8 hours ago, bedtimestory said:

She better do a DISCO album this time! No time to waste anymore..

She could but then it would be seen as repeating herself a la Confessions especially if it ended up taking a similar sound. Also, depending on when she would release this disco album, it could also be seen as Madonna trying to play catch up with the other girls who put out disco-inspired albums this year. I mean best case scenario, everyone loves it. Worst case... the album single handedly overwhelms the disco upswing and kills the disco revival making every one else's disco album age horribly for a while. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
42 minutes ago, Husam Elzien said:

She could but then it would be seen as repeating herself a la Confessions especially if it ended up taking a similar sound. Also, depending on when she would release this disco album, it could also be seen as Madonna trying to play catch up with the other girls who put out disco-inspired albums this year. I mean best case scenario, everyone loves it. Worst case... the album single handedly overwhelms the disco upswing and kills the disco revival making every one else's disco album age horribly for a while. 

Kylie's disco album isn't great at all. People are lapping it up because fans basically just want Kylie to produce dance albums and that's it and casual fans - mostly in the 40+ category who love disco have something new and 'hip' they can play during the holidays. 

All the songs on the album sound the same to me. It's not an impressive piece of work. 

11 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

I think everyone is hoping for another watershed studio album from her  -  her last one was Confessions that set the world on fire.  Am excited to think she may come up with something unexpected and brilliant like Ray or Light and Confessions were considering the projects that preceded both of them 

I don’t want to say it’s impossible but let’s just say I am not going to set myself up for disappointment anticipating anything of that calibre.

Personally I am more excited for the film or a new tour than a new album.

55 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Kylie's disco album isn't great at all. People are lapping it up because fans basically just want Kylie to produce dance albums and that's it and casual fans - mostly in the 40+ category who love disco have something new and 'hip' they can play during the holidays. 

All the songs on the album sound the same to me. It's not an impressive piece of work. 

I’m so sorry that you can’t appreciate how great DISCO is. I wish your hate goes away soon. Me and my 20ish yo friends are loving it, as well as the disco music and 80’s synths revival. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
19 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

I’m so sorry that you can’t appreciate how great DISCO is. I wish your hate goes away soon. Me and my 20ish yo friends are loving it, as well as the disco music and 80’s synths revival. 

It does the genre no service. A really pastiche and pretentious album. 

Also probably tone deaf for a rich white straight woman to release a disco album during a year where BLM has been a serious issue. 

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It does the genre no service. A really pastiche and pretentious album. 

Also probably tone deaf for a rich white straight woman to release a disco album during a year where BLM has been a serious issue. 

ABBA was disco music, Bee Gees was disco music, Giorgio Moroder was disco music and they were all white rich guys. 
Just admit that you don’t like a lady that spread kindness and never said one bad thing to others and not use a movement that is so important, as BLM, to justify a shallow argument. 
Disco music embraced the Latin, black, Italian and lgbt community. It welcomed so many people and spread joy and kindness. Gave voice for so many great artist, especially black ones, but just it. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
26 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

ABBA was disco music, Bee Gees was disco music, Giorgio Moroder was disco music and they were all white rich guys. 
Just admit that you don’t like a lady that spread kindness and never said one bad thing to others and not use a movement that is so important, as BLM, to justify a shallow argument. 
Disco music embraced the Latin, black, Italian and lgbt community. It welcomed so many people and spread joy and kindness. Gave voice for so many great artist, especially black ones, but just it. 

It's not a shallow argument. Disco has a very complex history and it was never the intersectional utopia you're claiming. 

Kylie also knows how to say the right things at the right time and keep her opinions to herself. 

Disco as a genre is more than one thing to more than one set of people. It’s special because it’s very political yet it’s meant to be pure escapism. Dancefloor therapy. It’s queer, black, Latino, American, European, African, intergalactic, geeky, camp, orchestral, digital, funk based. It’s design is to create a free space where all good time loving people come together to celebrate and meet as equal and here we are seeing people trying to put limits on it. Disco is a vibe and a spirit and no one thing can contain it. The Elitism of Studio 54 had its issues but the main rule to get in was you had to be fabulous...,but disco was everybodies. We shouldn’t let the burning records and backlash alter the spirit. We shouldn’t forget it’s anti queer and ethnic signalling either. 
Free your minds. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
30 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Disco as a genre is more than one thing to more than one set of people. It’s special because it’s very political yet it’s meant to be pure escapism. Dancefloor therapy. It’s queer, black, Latino, American, European, African, intergalactic, geeky, camp, orchestral, digital, funk based. It’s design is to create a free space where all good time loving people come together to celebrate and meet as equal and here we are seeing people trying to put limits on it. Disco is a vibe and a spirit and no one thing can contain it. 
Free your minds. 

And Kylie is tone deaf to all of that - she'll never give the credit or attribution to the music she's influenced by. 

That's one of the biggest differences between Madonna and Kylie, M has always attributed, included people from different cultures at her table and gave space from them in her work. It's why any criticism of cultural appropriation is complex to argue with M. 

What makes people think she’s not happy in her personal life? She seems happy with her children. I think there are some fans who don’t like that she has six children and maybe doesn’t focus on giving her fans new material as much. But that doesn’t mean she isn’t fulfilled by being a Mom.  I always find it odd how some fans are so offended by her posting pictures of her children. I think maybe some fans can’t relate to her being a mom because they don’t have children. 

I also don’t understand when people say she is showing her family’s daily like like a Kardashiian. She posts maybe one picture per day. She certainly doesn’t show their every thought and argument like a reality show.  

People criticize the most random things. What is wrong with her following rappers or artists she likes even though they don’t follow her? Isn’t she allowed to be a fan of someone just because she likes them without getting something out of it? How about all the well known artists that follow Madonna and she doesn’t follow them back? Is she wrong for not following those people?

What people here don’t understand is it’s impossible to control your image in the age of social media like you did in an earlier time. Because everyone has an opinion and they broadcast it widely. So no matter what you do there will be some who will criticize it. So you just have to let all that need for control go and follow your own path which is what she is doing. 

1 hour ago, Glindathegood said:

What makes people think she’s not happy in her personal life? She seems happy with her children. I think there are some fans who don’t like that she has six children and maybe doesn’t focus on giving her fans new material as much. But that doesn’t mean she isn’t fulfilled by being a Mom.  I always find it odd how some fans are so offended by her posting pictures of her children. I think maybe some fans can’t relate to her being a mom because they don’t have children. 

I also don’t understand when people say she is showing her family’s daily like like a Kardashiian. She posts maybe one picture per day. She certainly doesn’t show their every thought and argument like a reality show.  

People criticize the most random things. What is wrong with her following rappers or artists she likes even though they don’t follow her? Isn’t she allowed to be a fan of someone just because she likes them without getting something out of it? How about all the well known artists that follow Madonna and she doesn’t follow them back? Is she wrong for not following those people?

What people here don’t understand is it’s impossible to control your image in the age of social media like you did in an earlier time. Because everyone has an opinion and they broadcast it widely. So no matter what you do there will be some who will criticize it. So you just have to let all that need for control go and follow your own path which is what she is doing. 

This feels... naive if you don’t mind me saying. Madonna is in control of her social media. She has full control. 
Also Madonna has based a career on juggling peoples difference of opinion on her. She’s actively played on the worlds expectations of her. Live by the sword etc. It’s a cruel fate but she knows this hence Joan Of Arc. The difference is she’s had more power to steer the narrative in times gone by or have the last laugh. Not so much now.

I think she now feels like she herself is the case study and the lens isn’t about her art anymore it’s about how she navigates her position in her older years.

There’s a duality here. You can’t put yourself front and centre of the world in the way Madonna has, particularly about ageing, and then expect to be given the same graces and dispensations as your standard older lady in her sixties. It would be nice but it’s not realistic. She’s breaking barriers even through her so called ageing disgracefully. This is an artist... a true artists path. To change the world and that comes at a price. 
My own hot take is that she is torn between her mission to live her artistic path and finish writing her own life story in an almost prophetic way, and she is also realising that ... life is precious and she should just make the most of the last years and enjoy her family and those around her. 
I can’t blame her for this. Who would...but the dance between her good intentions, her ego, her artistic integrity and real life is more prevalent now than ever. It’s utterly fascinating and some pure case study shit.