Rumor : New album / Update page 23

Redha DBL

11 hours ago, TwistedRope said:

I think this would honestly have the single biggest impact on her public image and how we all feel about her. As weird as it sounds to say as a fan of an artist, I want to see LESS of her! You’ve got stars out there like Adele and Beyoncé who post something on social media and it’s treated as important because it doesn’t happen often; we don’t often get to peak behind the curtain, so when we get a glimpse it’s special. And when creative projects arrive and get announced it’s exciting! She is literally the queen of pop and should no doubt have this respected and untouchable presence about her, like she did earlier in her career, but it’s different when she’s showing her and her whole family’s life daily like she’s a Kardashian. There’s no mystery any more.

Madonna was the one who dared to reveal all - even her negative side - when no one used to do it. No surprise she keeps on doing it. But now this makes her look like she is a social media influencer in search of attention but with nothing to say. Like you said, a Kardashian. Also, what she posts is so uninteresting: soccer, twins, smoking boyfriend, ugly pictures.

11 hours ago, TwistedRope said:

This is so well said. I think it’s very naive to just assume this film will be a smash like rocketman and bohemian rhapsody. The general public doesn’t like her right now. They’re gonna have to put some work in to reinvent her again as not some eccentric, out of touch, pop star of years gone by like people think she’s become due to recent appearances. I guess it’s down to her whether she can let that happen, let her guard down a bit and be more personable. And the thing is she could! We all know how funny and infectious and poignant she can be. I just hope she’s not too stubborn to let the world see that side of her again.

This!

She could have done this with MXT, getting close to her public. But she chose the opposite: selling polaroids, never apologizing for being late or canceling, not even saying "hi" at stage door, no improvisation at all, not even in her speeches. The "you can love me or leave me" attitude went too far. I understand she was ill, but that's not our fault.

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

Madonna was the one who dared to reveal all - even her negative side - when no one used to do it. No surprise she keeps on doing it. But now this makes her look like she is a social media influencer in search of attention but with nothing to say. Like you said, a Kardashian. Also, what she posts is so uninteresting: soccer, twins, smoking boyfriend, ugly pictures.

This!

She could have done this with MXT, getting close to her public. But she chose the opposite: selling polaroids, never apologizing for being late or canceling, not even saying "hi" at stage door, no improvisation at all, not even in her speeches. The "you can love me or leave me" attitude went too far. I understand she was ill, but that's not our fault.

True! And like someone else on this forum pointed out, sadly she’s been on the wrong side of controversy for at least the past 5 years. The list is too long and exhausting for us fans. 

Everything Madonna had done has been edgy and daring. Kylie is a flawless, iconic star, but they are both opposites. I really enjoyed Disco, its her best since Aphrodite.

Sadly Madge changed so drastically, that its been hard to defend her these days, she lost her great taste in music, most of her choices are questionable, but I still adore her.

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

Kylie's disco album isn't great at all. People are lapping it up because fans basically just want Kylie to produce dance albums and that's it and casual fans - mostly in the 40+ category who love disco have something new and 'hip' they can play during the holidays. 

All the songs on the album sound the same to me. It's not an impressive piece of work. 

Agree. Her last two albums, make it 3, have been terrible.

29 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

All this talk about Kylie always being safe when there's KM94 (softer and darker), Impossible Princess (dark and indie), Body Language (rnb), Golden (country pop), etc. There's nothing "safe" about those albums at all. 

Totally agree, in fact Impossible Princess got her 'fired' from her label - it was her lowest selling album at that point in time. the album was amazing, introspective, dark, it was Kylie, not the 'brand'. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I don’t think Kylie has always played it safe at all, but I think she’s more aware and conscious of when she needs to win the audiences back and knows what’s needed to do that. Madonna knows how to do that as well, I just don’t think she’s interested in it anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Totally agree, in fact Impossible Princess got her 'fired' from her label - it was her lowest selling album at that point in time. the album was amazing, introspective, dark, it was Kylie, not the 'brand'. 

While I dislike the album, I praise Kylie for taking such a risk and now it's a fan fav. And tbh the album didn't really flop as hard as everyone thinks, it was just her Erotica moment where she had her first big decline in sales. 

8 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don’t think Kylie has always played it safe at all, but I think she’s more aware and conscious of when she needs to win the audiences back and knows what’s needed to do that. Madonna knows how to do that as well, I just don’t think she’s interested in it anymore. 

This is so true ''Madonna knows how to do that as well, I just don’t think she’s interested in it anymore. ''

I have every faith she could knock it out of the park if she wanted too..

I mean there's always been an effort to appeal to the audience, even on Madame X to be commercial... she just doesn't like doing it for the sake of it or be too obvious about it. even Confessions has very dark, edgy, philosophical vibes... but there's Hung Up. Madame X has Medellin which was a latin pop song with reggaeton influences... it was obviously picked as first single to be a hit. It's no different than most of her albums throughout her career. 

Kylie's album is fun and I have been a fan from the beginning, but there is a point where you think can a 50+ year old woman really have nothing to say/share through her music. I've said it a few times when listening to Disco.... Madonna would get absolutely slated if she put out that album.  The press would not take it from Madonna. 

If Madonna makes a dance record again, she will of course put her dark twist in it, so there is no reason to compare with Kylie. In fact I find it very interesting when she uses dark lyrics against dance or more euphoric tunes in general. God control is a beautiful example of that, also Till death do us part, Hollywood. She can make great dance music and still judge what she thinks is wrong about the world. I'd just like her to make music with good flow that I don't have to get used to. But will make me read the lyrics again and again. 

I must say the discussion in this thread is absolutely facsinating. One of the most interesting read i had in a Madonna forum. I don't know by what miracle, but finally fans can express their feeling withoit being labelled as "Haters", "Agist" and other names. I've been dreaming for ages to see such an interesting discussion about Madonna without names calling. Bravo ! And i must mention @steady75, man, your description of what's happening with M lately is absolutely spot on. Thank you for the interesting read.

4 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

This! Let's be honest there are two big times when Madonna has played it safe and done what she needed to do to win back audiences. The first time was Bedtime Stories, an album that came after Erotica, her first commercial dip. That album came with a softer image after the slightly aggressive Dita Parlo. The second time which is arguably the safest Madonna move she's ever made was with Confessions. That came after American Life, the album that almost got her blacklisted like the Chicks after their Bush comments. She worked the nostalgia and upbeat attitude tactics with that album and it worked marvellously. She really isn't interested in working to win back audiences, at least not right now. If she was, the Madame X era probably wouldn't have happened. 

11 hours ago, Husam Elzien said:

This! Let's be honest there are two big times when Madonna has played it safe and done what she needed to do to win back audiences. The first time was Bedtime Stories, an album that came after Erotica, her first commercial dip. That album came with a softer image after the slightly aggressive Dita Parlo. The second time which is arguably the safest Madonna move she's ever made was with Confessions. That came after American Life, the album that almost got her blacklisted like the Chicks after their Bush comments. She worked the nostalgia and upbeat attitude tactics with that album and it worked marvellously. She really isn't interested in working to win back audiences, at least not right now. If she was, the Madame X era probably wouldn't have happened. 

I think both MDNA and Rebel Heart was definitely an attempt to win people too. It’s just in those cases it didn’t work. Probably why she stopped bothering with Madame X.

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think both MDNA and Rebel Heart was definitely an attempt to win people too. It’s just in those cases it didn’t work. Probably why she stopped bothering with Madame X.

Also Hard Candy found her working with some of the most sought after people in the industry at the time. But I think overall these albums worked in terms of sales. Even Rebel Heart sold a solid million copies in 2015. The reviews were not very good, the singles didn't work and Madonna didn't reach her previous sales but her power waned as the industry itself died with it. All three are successful albums if you think about it. There are only a couple people alive who can sell Confessions' 11+M today.

5 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

Also Hard Candy found her working with some of the most sought after people in the industry at the time. But I think overall these albums worked in terms of sales. Even Rebel Heart sold a solid million copies in 2015. The reviews were not very good, the singles didn't work and Madonna didn't reach her previous sales but her power waned as the industry itself died with it. All three are successful albums if you think about it. There are only a couple people alive who can sell Confessions' 11+M today.

and last year the top album WW sold 3.3M only

streaming ruined everything tbh :cry: