Rumor : New album / Update page 23

Redha DBL

Guest Nobody Knows Me

It would be fantastic if it turns out to be true, but where did this rumour actually come from? Popjustice doesn’t seem to have any idea either.

4 hours ago, madenis said:

Isn't it too early to work on the soundtrack ?

The script was finished a month ago.

Not really. Song selections are a huge part of biopics as they want all the important hits featured in the movie. Plus, we all know how in-depth the script seems when it comes to recording songs and doing tours so I'm sure they want the (remixed?) songs to be done long before they start shooting.

Speaking of....does anyone know when they plan on filming this movie?

Guest DeeperDeeper
32 minutes ago, BringUrLUV said:

What exactly would be on her biopic soundtrack? new songs? remixed old ones?

This Used To Be My Playground. 

10 minutes ago, BringUrLUV said:

What exactly would be on her biopic soundtrack? new songs? remixed old ones?

Probably the hits with some new songs to pad out the soundtrack like Tina Turner did with her biopic's soundtrack. She couldn't remix the songs too much before they sonically stray out of the original decades that they were created in. 

Hope it will not be only movie related.

I suspect she didn't appreciate the way Interscope tried to change her music in favor of something which could catch younger generations (I'm 21 and I hate most of the current music) and pushed her to be someone she isn't: her music is commercial but not banal. That could explain why, since Madame X project, she decided to come back to her old collaborators and Pat Leonard is on the list. Since it's quite certain her comeback to Warner, I pray she'll release a classic Madonna album, maybe with Orbit (it would be a dream), Leonard himself or Brian Eno, Rick Nowels and so on. I believe she still has an ace up in her sleeve. 

P.S. It's my first post here. I want to apologize in advance 'cause English is not my first language.

3 minutes ago, NowRadiate said:

Brian Eno would be very interesting! 

She could (and should) bring Veronica Electronica back to life. I don't know why but it doesn't seem to me an airy-fairy hypothesis: she started to post about incantations, eastern religions, poems (in one of her posts I saw she was reading Anne Sexton's poems) and artists she listened to some years ago (Nina Simone, Josephine Baker). Well, maybe it means nothing, but please, let me dream...

I hope a proper theatrical musician is in charge of the revisions of her hits if at all. If she Kevin Antunes the soundtrack somebody will need to hold my earrings. 

A couple of new songs and some of the hits but I really hope that life is given to some songs in the sidelines. The Look Of Love, Where’s The Party, Physical Attraction, Bad Girl, Rescue Me. I hope they get a little look in somewhere even as short burst incidental music. I hope her own music scores the incidental music in an orchestrated way too. 

This is gonna be one of the most exciting things for me. I’m actually a bit sad it’s not a musical like Elton’s. I absolutely adore that film and the artistically choices. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
4 hours ago, steady75 said:

I hope a proper theatrical musician is in charge of the revisions of her hits if at all. If she Kevin Antunes the soundtrack somebody will need to hold my earrings. 

She needs to drain the swamp of all her creative collaborators she's had since 2008 onwards. 

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

A couple of new songs and some of the hits but I really hope that life is given to some songs in the sidelines. The Look Of Love, Where’s The Party, Physical Attraction, Bad Girl, Rescue Me. I hope they get a little look in somewhere even as short burst incidental music. I hope her own music scores the incidental music in an orchestrated way too. 

This is gonna be one of the most exciting things for me. I’m actually a bit sad it’s not a musical like Elton’s. I absolutely adore that film and the artistically choices. 

Ditto. A musical would have been so cool! 

maybe the film's soundtrack has some new music written by her and patrick

But I really believe that she should work on the film in a long time, she will have difficulties with casting choices, and coronavirus. For a film you need a lot of people involved in the work.

maybe it will entertain us in the meantime with some mixtape, it would be something new and extremely interesting.

10 hours ago, Loki said:

Hope it will not be only movie related.

I suspect she didn't appreciate the way Interscope tried to change her music in favor of something which could catch younger generations (I'm 21 and I hate most of the current music) and pushed her to be someone she isn't: her music is commercial but not banal. That could explain why, since Madame X project, she decided to come back to her old collaborators and Pat Leonard is on the list. Since it's quite certain her comeback to Warner, I pray she'll release a classic Madonna album, maybe with Orbit (it would be a dream), Leonard himself or Brian Eno, Rick Nowels and so on. I believe she still has an ace up in her sleeve. 

P.S. It's my first post here. I want to apologize in advance 'cause English is not my first language.

"Interscope tried to change her music in favour of something which could catch younger generations"? Excuse me? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the artistic direction for the last three albums were Madonna's decision 100%. I'm sorry you're disappointed with her recent output, you're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean that Madonna wasn't in complete control. In fact, most fans actually complain about that! They would rather have a better management, a better record company and a group of publicists telling her what to do so that everyone could like Madonna again, you know, "straighten up" her career. The grills, the "Bitch I'm Madonna" attitude, MDNA, MDNA Skin, reggae and reggaeton-infused songs... ALL Madonna's decision. Remember that Interscope's involvement in her last 3 records has been MINIMAL — they only had a distribution contract with her. Live Nation, Madonna and her management were the decision-makers here.

I can't believe we can't still let go of the old repetitive debate of whether Madonna is trying to keep up with youngsters... do people really think that, still? She is who she is, she's evolved into this pink-haired, contrarian, stubborn, silly, "wise" eccentric woman she is today. Like it or not. She's spent the last decade being a mum, chasing fun (dancers and models! LOL) and her own version of art and controversy, you know, paired with her own "sense of humour". I don't see any of those characteristics suddenly leaving. But anything could happen. After all, sometimes I really can't believe this is the same person we had during the "American Life" and "Confessions" years... Conservative Brit Madonna of the manor vs... now. A full life for sure. And cheers to that! :smokey:

2 hours ago, madfan13_86 said:

"Interscope tried to change her music in favour of something which could catch younger generations"? Excuse me? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the artistic direction for the last three albums were Madonna's decision 100%. I'm sorry you're disappointed with her recent output, you're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean that Madonna wasn't in complete control. In fact, most fans actually complain about that! They would rather have a better management, a better record company and a group of publicists telling her what to do so that everyone could like Madonna again, you know, "straighten up" her career. The grills, the "Bitch I'm Madonna" attitude, MDNA, MDNA Skin, reggae and reggaeton-infused songs... ALL Madonna's decision. Remember that Interscope's involvement in her last 3 records has been MINIMAL — they only had a distribution contract with her. Live Nation, Madonna and her management were the decision-makers here.

I can't believe we can't still let go of the old repetitive debate of whether Madonna is trying to keep up with youngsters... do people really think that, still? She is who she is, she's evolved into this pink-haired, contrarian, stubborn, silly, "wise" eccentric woman she is today. Like it or not. She's spent the last decade being a mum, chasing fun (dancers and models! LOL) and her own version of art and controversy, you know, paired with her own "sense of humour". I don't see any of those characteristics suddenly leaving. But anything could happen. After all, sometimes I really can't believe this is the same person we had during the "American Life" and "Confessions" years... Conservative Brit Madonna of the manor vs... now. A full life for sure. And cheers to that! :smokey:

Wow, so many topics to reply to.

1.I think it's unfair you believe I live in a bubble or under a rock. I'm quite aware of how the world works. 

2.I only tried to reflect on why she "suddenly" decided to work again with Mirwais after more than 10 years and now, apparently, with Leonard. I didn't blame anyone or tried to justify anything. I read a comment she posted some years ago where she wrote that she wasn't allowed to be the visionary artist she was before (an ironic post? Maybe, who knows) and I started to figure out why she did it. Then I read an interview with Orbit where he said that she wasn't in the mood of creating music during the MDNA era (why she released that album if she wasn't interested?), so after I read all these things and something more, I thought that probably something didn't work with the label and maybe it was the reason why she came back to her previous collaborators. Obviously she decided every single move she did last 10 years. 

3.I didn't complain about anything: I don't mind her hair or something like this. I didn't complain about her last albums: probably I'm one of the few people who enjoyed her Madame X project. 

4.I shared what kind of album I would love from her, but I will be happy with everything she'll release. I'm not stuck on only one genre of music. 

I'm here to enjoy music and share my thoughts, not to argue: if you don't agree with me, I'll be glad to read your reasons. I'm open to a polite discussion 'cause I don't think I'm always right. 

Edited by Loki (see edit history)

Madonna recalled Mirwais for Madame X because their previous collaboration was successful. It will be the same if Pat Léonard is called back to the rescue. She realizes that apart from her fans (who melt like snow in the sun) no one is interested in her. It's a shame because musically, I find her more interesting than ever. She explored new, daring sounds which had the merit of being original and interesting. Her problem is the image. Her success waned as her physical appearance altered from cosmetic surgery. Today that she no longer looks like anything and especially not Madonna the singer that everyone adored until the end of the 2000s, nobody is in her. No one can identify with her anymore. She has become a kind of extraterrestrial who disconcerts, amuses (in a bad sense) and cuts her off from the general public. She will be able to sing the best songs, no one wants to listen to or consider the productions of a star who was once adored but who ruined everything because of cosmetic surgery. I am not concerned even if I deplore her physical evolution. I'm still interested in her musically. I can't wait to hear innovative new songs. I am in the acquired fan category, the one who is always interested in spite of appearances

2 hours ago, madfan13_86 said:

"Interscope tried to change her music in favour of something which could catch younger generations"? Excuse me? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the artistic direction for the last three albums were Madonna's decision 100%.

This is not true.

Interscope selected all of the writers and the majority of producers on Rebel Heart for Madonna to work with. Many of them spoke about this in interviews.