Rumor : New album / Update page 23

Redha DBL

5 hours ago, Enrico said:

You are right, but I wouldn't want M to be like taking a picture with Colosseum... if you know what I mean. Her latest tv appearances haven't really been up to the standards and have not conquered new audiences, almost lost old ones. And if they're having her to see her decadence, please I hope I won't witness this. But honestly I don't know, I find most of today's musical performances on awards show very dull and repetitive, maybe I am becoming too old for that. I'd definitely rewatch Vogue 1990 than Medellin. If she makes an appearance at the Superbowl, I hope it makes sense, like Open your heart at the Grammys with Maklemore.

I feel the same but recently I was really surprised by Doja Cat’s BBMAs and The Weeknd’s AMAs performances: not overproduced, simple but elegant. She needs to start thinking less is more.

I love the Weekend. He has an 80s synth feeling but modernized to his music, which could work well for her. Love his song with Daft Punk. 
I don’t want to offend her fans, but I have never understand the fuss about Lana. She is just totally overrated to me. So I would not be excited about Madonna working with her. 

On 12/9/2020 at 3:51 PM, Frank said:

I love him, that'd be AWESOME!!!! <3

I just want an album without guest features.  I'm not opposed to them per se, sometimes they're really fantastic (Me'Shell NdegeOcello, Nas, and Nicki M's are all particularly good), but so many of them just seem to be forced/tacked on, with the guest delivering throwaway raps (Kanye's rap sucked, Missy Elliott's on the American Life remix was weak, and don't get me started on Quavo).  

I believe that super bowl rumor. Judging from her recent situation, she gonna eager to do it. But problem is I really don't want to see it happen. Her New music is always welcome to me. But super bowl guest thing gonna be one of saddest thing in her career. If this super bowl guest thing happen then I really hope that it would not turn out tragedy like dua lipa featuring.

9 hours ago, Madame Madonna said:

I believe that super bowl rumor. Judging from her recent situation, she gonna eager to do it. But problem is I really don't want to see it happen. Her New music is always welcome to me. But super bowl guest thing gonna be one of saddest thing in her career. If this super bowl guest thing happen then I really hope that it would not turn out tragedy like dua lipa featuring.

I'm not well informed, what did it happen with the Dua Lipa feauturing?

She sounded great and everyone listened to it, but since we're in the middle of a pandemic, she was in crutches and working on the film, she couldn't make a music video for it, which didn't help its popularity, but it was a very fun gift for the fans and I really enjoyed it. :heart:

The Dua Lipa remix feat. didn't do any damage and in any case it helped her reputation and getting to reach a part of Dua's audience who maybe didn't even know who Madonna was before the remix (the very young fans).

About the Super Bowl thing with The Weeknd... well. The only thing that makes me think it could be true is if it's part of the build up for the future movie. There has to be a strategy to get the general public to like Madonna again before the movie. The Weeknd is an Universal artist and the movie will be with Universal Pictures but I doubt that alone means anything.

And of course she wouldn't fuck it up in the Super Bowl, she didn't in 2012. It was Safe Madonna mode at her peak (amazing show anyway).

5 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I mean, I can see why... It wasn't good at all imo.

That song has gotten more radio airplay than any Madonna single in the last decade (sadly). Hell, I've even heard it in my country's radio stations, and it was crazy 'cause I thought those days were over.

Song is great, she did a right move and it was a nice/unexpected gift for her fans. Dua is amazing and adores M, I'm happy that they collaborated.

I just think it was a dull remix of a very energetic song. Madonna should have appeared on the video though. I don't think it was meant to be a global success anyway. If anything, Madonna's remix helped with its success in European countries (I believe her name is the only reason it got a certification in Italy) while the DaBaby remix which didn't tone down the original song was aimed at the western market. Anyway the video soon will reach 30M views on YouTube and that's a great thing for Madonna. Stop blaming the woman, there were three ones to carry the song. I hope for more such collaborations on other people's records. Btw her vocals were amazingly fresh. I couldn't recognize Katy Perry's vocals on Feels either but it just became huge later so what you say doesn't really matter. 

Dua who? She's nothing ... no one should have expected anything to come of that remix. Fun only -- Dua has no cultural impact. I was just curious about her album sales as she's this name that people say but no one seems committed to her -- 

Her last album moved 104,000 in the UK and 74,000 units in the USA. Why are we even talking about her? No one else is .. 

Madonna shouldn't be playing with talentless garbage children that don't know if they want to be on stage or not. 

And I keep hearing about how Eurovision has tarnished Madonna .. it didn't. Maybe for 2 minutes in the minds of obsessive fans. None of that matters. People either liked the performance or didn't -- the world has moved on. No one wanted anything to do with Madonna's Madame X, that much is clear. Even Madonna didn't want Madame X at one point .. 

Madonna should stay away from Super Bowl. She's done it and she nailed it - leave that alone. A Queen has no business playing second fiddle to anyone. 

And Lana's problem isn't her singing or her song writing, it's her lack of oomph on-stage. She needs to wake up and get a choreographer. She's lifeless on-stage. I'm a fan of her oooooh lala music, and have been for a long time. She has a great image - but only in image. On stage -- swinging on that swing, hiding behind her unfortunate back-up singers .. unable to belt out when she needs to. She's a studio artist with a lot to offer. But in an arena? God no. I've seen it. It was awful. 

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

?

is this a joke?

No joke. She's the McMuffin of the minute and then she'll be done .. we've seen a zillion of these girls churned out and forgotten just as fast. Give it a minute .. and I mean no harm. She is what she is.

It's only in these circles that anyone is worried about her or convinced themselves that she's going to be remembered in twenty minutes from now. 

25 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I get that obviously you don't like her, but you're coming across as ignorant here, sorry.

Due is currently the 4th most listened artist on Spotify worldwide. Her current album has sold 150.000 copies so far in the UK (Gold) and the equivalent (sales + streaming) of 931.000 units in the US. "Don't Start Now", "Break My Heart" and "Physical" have been monster hits this year. PLUS she and her team have worked harder than everyone this year to make it all happen.

No one is talking about her? Please..

And that's fine. I've been around this long enough to see the patterns. The stats are nice and all, but they're just numbers at the end of the day. Smaller fish have had bigger and better numbers before Dua and all I'm saying is, I don't see anything in her or her output that is going to have any long-lasting pop cultural impact. She just doesn't have enough of anything to last -- so Madonna shouldn't play with her and no one (in my opinion, maybe I should preface everything I say with that as I'm not speaking for the world here, I'm telling you what I see from my perspective) should really worry about her too much. She's the next Ashley Simpson or equivalent. She's no future Queen. Enjoy her though, she's fun!

By the way, I don't mean to sound like a dick. That's not my goal. Sometimes I come off that way - and I work on it. I truly love all music and how hard artists work -- and what they achieve. 

43 minutes ago, Jet said:

The Madonna version is by far my favourite song of the year. I’ve listened to it countless times, streamed it and bought the vinyl single and album (which I also love). It’s actually one of my favourite M tracks of recent times. She sounds great on it and she is all over it, not just on one verse. It’s more like a Madonna track featuring Dua and Missy. It’s pretty much perfect imo. 

Exactly! They sang it 50/50, it's so cool!

I still dream of a performance of Dua, M and Missy levitating through the roofs of NY buildings. ?

1 hour ago, captainjay said:

No joke. She's the McMuffin of the minute and then she'll be done .. we've seen a zillion of these girls churned out and forgotten just as fast. Give it a minute .. and I mean no harm. She is what she is.

It's only in these circles that anyone is worried about her or convinced themselves that she's going to be remembered in twenty minutes from now. 

lol you can’t be for real

actually

im gonna sit this one out. I’m enjoying the eggs on your face

Ok let’s stop comparing, let’s stop speaking badly of other artists. We say people and society are  misogynistic towards Madge - but reading this thread I see it from us towards Dua and others. 

Why can’t other female artists have success - whether you like their music or not. Madonna celebrates and embraces their successes and so should we!

This thread is about the rumoured new album - let’s embrace that - 

So we have a few confirmed things:

She’ll be wearing grillz as she sings.

She’ll  no doubt have a song about her holy water and how her Sugar is raw.

She’ll have music with a trap beat - she may even rap again - this time about  friends not only in her head.

She’ll speak some of the lines - whatcha gonna do - (yes that’s right a contemporary reference to JML).

She’ll be singing in her bathroom also - 

2 hours ago, Jackie said:

She’ll have music with a trap beat - she may even rap again - this time about  friends not only in her head.

in all seriousness though: i could see that happen since she seems to listen to this kind of music at her house so much. she even plugged kid cudi’s new album in her latest post on instagram. i don’t think she’s ever done that before?