Rumor : New album / Update page 23

Redha DBL

15 hours ago, nodoman said:

in all seriousness though: i could see that happen since she seems to listen to this kind of music at her house so much. she even plugged kid cudi’s new album in her latest post on instagram. i don’t think she’s ever done that before?

The thing is, the Weeknd has also promoted his album on his IG stories around the same time as M. Another clue maybe?

12 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Ok ok ok I enjoy the tea spilling but seriously when @captainjaybrings up McMuffins and @deathproofbrings up eggs and I’m on a DIET and STARVING. I’m like two seconds away from ordering Uber eats all day McDicks egg McMuffins. STOP IT

Have it. Go on. You know you want to.  

On 12/12/2020 at 4:08 PM, captainjay said:

Dua who? She's nothing ... no one should have expected anything to come of that remix. Fun only -- Dua has no cultural impact. I was just curious about her album sales as she's this name that people say but no one seems committed to her -- 

Her last album moved 104,000 in the UK and 74,000 units in the USA. Why are we even talking about her? No one else is .. 

Madonna shouldn't be playing with talentless garbage children that don't know if they want to be on stage or not. 

And I keep hearing about how Eurovision has tarnished Madonna .. it didn't. Maybe for 2 minutes in the minds of obsessive fans. None of that matters. People either liked the performance or didn't -- the world has moved on. No one wanted anything to do with Madonna's Madame X, that much is clear. Even Madonna didn't want Madame X at one point .. 

Madonna should stay away from Super Bowl. She's done it and she nailed it - leave that alone. A Queen has no business playing second fiddle to anyone. 

And Lana's problem isn't her singing or her song writing, it's her lack of oomph on-stage. She needs to wake up and get a choreographer. She's lifeless on-stage. I'm a fan of her oooooh lala music, and have been for a long time. She has a great image - but only in image. On stage -- swinging on that swing, hiding behind her unfortunate back-up singers .. unable to belt out when she needs to. She's a studio artist with a lot to offer. But in an arena? God no. I've seen it. It was awful. 

Are you living in a small town? Are you an hermit? Or just old enough to really not care about actual music.

She has 2 number ones, with "Physical" and "Dont Start Now" in one year.

Six grammy nominations.

The fifth most streamed album on spotify this year.

Not to mention that the album was co-produced by STUART PRICE (Confessions on a Dance Floor), Koz (MDNA), Jason Evigan ("Ghosttown", "I Rise", "Crazy") and Bhasker ("Come Alive", "Looking for Mercy", "Back that up the Beat")  

1 hour ago, vesalii said:

Are you living in a small town? Are you an hermit? Or just old enough to really not care about actual music.

She has 2 number ones, with "Physical" and "Dont Start Now" in one year.

Six grammy nominations.

The fifth most streamed album on spotify this year.

Not to mention that the album was co-produced by STUART PRICE (Confessions on a Dance Floor), Koz (MDNA), Jason Evigan ("Ghosttown", "I Rise", "Crazy") and Bhasker ("Come Alive", "Looking for Mercy", "Back that up the Beat")  

I think what @captainjaymeant is that a successful album - a great album indeed, very well produced - doesn't make you the new Madonna, or a music icon.

The spot is definitely on her - the promotion is working very well. But we have witnessed this many times, since the Debbie Gibson years. Or even with Britney. Only time will tell: let's see what happens in 10 years.

Personally, watching her recent performances I was surprised by how everything is so well built around her but how she is totally lacking "star quality". I like the album, but she has a very weak stage presence.

58 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I think what @captainjaymeant is that a successful album - a great album indeed, very well produced - doesn't make you the new Madonna, or a music icon.

The spot is definitely on her - the promotion is working very well. But we have witnessed this many times, since the Debbie Gibson years. Or even with Britney. Only time will tell: let's see what happens in 10 years.

Personally, watching her recent performances I was surprised by how everything is so well built around her but how she is totally lacking "star quality". I like the album, but she has a very weak stage presence.

She needs some serious stage presence/dance training.

6 hours ago, Enrico said:

You said it better than I did. Thank you.

Friendly reminder that Madonna was being written off throughout her second album era despite the success. 
To compare an artist much younger than M was when she had started to a woman 40 yrs into her career is futile. 
Dua you are doing great sweetie. 
She respects the legacy and in the baron pop landscape we have today we should be supporting her for bringing the bopps, pounding the pop and bowing to the legends who went before her. 
All queens were princesses once. Give her time. A bonafide UK pop legend in the making.  I’m grateful for that and her charisma and presence has improved even over one era. 
This protectionist pop cartel is suffocating.
Cut a bish some slack. No one coming for your mamas seat ladies! 

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

It’s The Weekend. I don’t recall him being a dancer. It’s his performance, not Madonna’s. So I’m sure she would just follow with whatever Abel has planned

They could fly her in then the bitch don't need to use either of her legs just suspend her the entire time! Then fly her out hello goodbye :laughing:

19 minutes ago, Ekans said:

There's an ongoing rumor on Michael Jackson's fan community concerning The Weeknd's superbowl performance as well. Maybe both Michael and Madonna could make an appearence together (obviously not physically)? But that would be asking too much I guess. :-)

Do you have links / screenshots of this?