Rumor : New album / Update page 23

Redha DBL

7 minutes ago, Fighter said:

idk if she believed that or shes just trying to live her life and have fun, be a mum a girlfriend.. idc honestly as long as her actual work is still good :) and she pulled off madame x so im not too worried even with the messy tour...

Exactly as long as she continues to deliver quality content like Madame X, I don’t give a rats ass what she does on social media or on stage. I thought the Madame X tour was a delight I don't get what everyone’s problem with it was. The only thing I wish for that tour is that we got more American Life deep cuts and obviously not having an injury

He's very versatile when it comes to producing. I do appreciate and enjoy many of the songs he's worked on through the years. But he's sooooo over used at this point. I love everything Hard Candy and am fans of Timbaland and Pharrell, but Hard Candy's only downfall is that it wasn't an innovative sound in 2008 (something that had already peaked the year before).

37 minutes ago, deathproof said:

He's very versatile when it comes to producing. I do appreciate and enjoy many of the songs he's worked on through the years. But he's sooooo over used at this point. I love everything Hard Candy and am fans of Timbaland and Pharrell, but Hard Candy's only downfall is that it wasn't an innovative sound in 2008 (something that had already peaked the year before).

I feel like that was the main “issue” with HC, MDNA, and RH. She worked on them for too long and by the time release happened the sounds were basically over or it was overused at that point. Well MDNA really has no redeeming qualities tho besides like 4-5 songs :Madonna003:

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

but let's be honest, some fans haven't even liked the last 3/4 even 5/6 albums, not the ballads, not the dance tracks, not the electronic ones, not the ones with rap...... there's a portion of her fanbase who never like anything and think she peaked with Ray Of Light or even before. :ay: And they're usually the ones who rag on her for the rap/hip hop stuff like she's out here doing a lot of it, when it's a couple of songs per album at most, for me if a song is good then it's good no matter the genre. 

I agree with you. That is totally it, in most of the cases. 

Maybe I expressed myself wrong, but when I was referring that I’m not interested in a hip hop style from her, is M trying to rap like she did in American Life. It really concerns me. But having a rapper featured on her music, or even a “Did You Do It?” kind of song, I have no problem at all. But I would love if she did another r&b or a rock album, it suits her very well. 

21 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I feel like that was the main “issue” with HC, MDNA, and RH. She worked on them for too long and by the time release happened the sounds were basically over or it was overused at that point. Well MDNA really has no redeeming qualities tho besides like 4-5 songs :Madonna003:

I think whats different is that Timbaland and Pharrell have a very distinct sound thats very specific to them. Plus they churned out hit after hit in a 6 year period. With the post albums, specifically Rebel Heart, you have producers like Diplo and Kanye who are very well known, but have a diverse sound in their production history. Plus with Diplo, for as long as he's been producing, he's only had a small selection of his efforts become massive hits.

I don't need Madonna to chase after genres, and sounds that are underground and unknown of. I really don't have any expectations of her. 

31 minutes ago, Jet said:

MDNA is one of her best albums. Not a skippable track on it apart from the awful give me all your lovin. If the era had started with girl gone wild everyone would’ve been all over it. Love that album. I’d go as far to say it’s stood the test of time better than ray of light and music.

I.......

5 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

I would prefer if she stops now, than another year of #soons for the Madame X broadcast, plus 3 years more of toilets, Kid Cudis, Kanyes, Kardashians and 0 interest on experimenting with music. She believes that she thinks outside of the box, but she's really inside of it, surrounded by really superficial people, and yes, her behaviour is childish and 0 artistic. 

She likes to call herself 'art' and pretend that what she's doing is 'art' but being in a toilet all day seems more than she prefers 'fart' than anything outside of it. And it's ok if she likes farts and twerking, but hey, don't call it art. 

All of us here thought amazing things that could happen with the Madame X Tour when it was announced... and what she did was a predictable Kevin Antunes mess, with 100 dancers as always, and making the people wait for hours, or not knowing if they will have the concert that they paid, or even the money back. That's not ART. 

300 filters, cheap artwork done with selfies and using Aldo Diaz are not ART. 

She has the money to do art if she wants. I know a lot of people that do amazing things with a budget of 20 € and a phone camera. Kitchens, twins screaming, nails, butts, gardens, toilets etc etc are not ART. 

Also: an entertainer knows how to deliver during the bad times. Because is their job, and they should feel inspired to make people going on, enjoy life and have hope. Twins, bf, Instagram, marihuana, and Lola's armits are not ART. And as I said, good if she doesn't want to continue, but don't call yourself revolutionary, artist, and visionary if u have 0 interest on those things and u are more a Mc Donald's menu than a Van Gogh type of artist. 

OUCH!!!! Sad, but true, I miss her REAL art years, you know...back in Bedtime Story Music Video. Ray of light etc...

Her aesthetics and music material has suffered immensely over the years. Her choices are the worst. Its like she got body snatched, and whoever's in  control now, is not the perfectionist Madonna we loved.

MDNA and Rebel Heart videos were good in general. An improvement after the horrible videos since Get Together, with some exceptions (let's not talk about the Hard Candy ones). 

Madame X didn't have videos per se. Madame X had only screen videos for the tour released as traditional videoclips in advance. That's why the singles choosen and the videos didn't match in the end. Probably it was a way of reducing costs. Somehow it worked as a full piece, because at least they were consistent and more experimental... 

3 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

That Madame X story turning out to be true should put a couple of people who love to judge and spread speculation in their place.

Seriously.  This website is filled with the constant carping from witness cunts that seem to be forever on the rag — which, I admit , is quite remarkably considering how dried up they all truly appear to be.

among all the albums of that decade, I think the worst was the MDNA. Calling Martin Solveig to produce the album was terrible. Even the collaborations with William Orbit seemed without identity, tiring and far from what we heard on Ray Of Light.
You can feel the same in Rebel Heart, but the quality of production is much better. As Madame x, I believe it is an introspective moment in her career, but she really needs to forget some things like bullfighters and Latin culture.

1 hour ago, drcosmonauta said:

You can feel the same in Rebel Heart, but the quality of production is much better. As Madame x, I believe it is an introspective moment in her career, but she really needs to forget some things like bullfighters and Latin culture.

I have always found it rather odd that she has never really embraced her Italian heritage in her music

42 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Before talking about Madonna maybe you should check her background. I know in these times of social media people are lazy to do the homework and speak before they think or know. What you want to be and know becomes the truth. Nothing wrong with that until you share something not as YOUR thought but as some truth. 

We all love Madonna for very different things and eras. I can't understand fans who glorify the shit Evita years or MDNA when i hate them so much but i would neversayitis her worst because this is just my fucking opinion, you know. What we all have here are opinions. Based on personal taste and knowledge. My opinion is not better or worth more than yours. It is just my opinion.

HOWEVER, You show that you know absolutely nothing about Madonna's background. At the time Madonna was a florishing artist in New York, not yet signed she was already hanging out at hip hop venues. The Roxy was just that, a hip hop club, the first one, with a rollerskating ring. She was hanging out with Bambaataa, Fab Five Freddy (accidentaly it's at one of his gigs Maripol noticed her) but she was also a regular at Negril, a small bar in the Bronx where hiphop was truly born. This is something every old school rapper have told. She was dancing with Crazy Legs and hanging out with Futura 2000, she even had a graffiti phase, Boy Toy was her tagname. She was discovered at Danceteria and music there was mostly british and new wave but her gang was hanging out there because that's where record companies scouts and art gallerists were hanging out. But their favourite club was Roxy because of HipHop and The funhouse because of the latino sound (Jellybean was the dj there) mixed with...hip hop. Sadly, AllAboutMadonna is no longer online otherwise i would have linked very early interviews from 1982/1983 where she talks about it and herfriendship with Grandmasterflash. Madonna has been listening to Hip Hop from the get go. Andshe never stopped. She favoured Public Enemy in the late 80's, you can see her train for A League Of Their Own listening to hardcore rap. Her first band signed to Maverick was Proper Ground a Los Angeles hip hop punk band. It is not something new. It is not because you hate hip hop and black people (because believe that's the subtext of everything you wrote, that's what gets out of every line you produced) that she's not allowed to like it. This is not because you don't understand hip hop that she does not, it isnot because you don't know hip hop that she does not, and it is not because you don't know Madonna that she does not know herself. 

Feel free to listen to someone else if you like disco, every pop tart released a disco album this year. You can listen to someone that fits more with your taste. You don't share Madonna's tastes anymore, you don't have a contract with her and she does not have a contract with us. We're free to go somewhere else anytime. Hanging on like this and going on over and ovrabout what you want from her is unhealthy. And that goes for all of us. It's like a bad relationship, when you are no longer satisfied by it, it's time to move on and let go. Asking someone to be what you want them to be and how you want them to act, to please you says much more about you than about the person. You don't like that person but the idea you made your mind up about that person. 

threads after threads here, it's toxic comments after toxic comments that say way much more about the posters who write them than about Madonna. Move on. find your pleasure and happiness somewhere else. Make your own record. Do your own thing. Let people who still enjoy what Madonna does enjoying it without raining on our parade with your bitterness.  Saying this or that is shit is incredibly agressive. Just say "i don't like it". Saying it's shit because you don't like it just shows that you have too much regards for yourself. Not only that but it saying "it's shit" ends the conversation, saying "i don't like it" can open a conversation. That's the big difference. Saying "it is shit" only brings negativity and some people will just hate you for that, it creates an hostile environment. And someone will lose their shit and it will end badly. Somebody leaving, somebody being banned and everybody will get a dose of negativity in the end. 

Well, you can read the development of what I said, after that. Sometimes people are lazy to keep reading the development of the threads and discussion. So, no point on keep this going. :Madonna042: