Redha DBL

On 12/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, bedtimestory said:

Madonna, if you are reading read this :

For your next era :

* No more Kim K implants

* No more GRILLZ

* No more rap nonsense

* No more extreme AUTOTUNE!

Serve us your raw talent. Your unique real voice, your real face, and quality easy listening, enjoyable music.

My dearest sisters, she got tired - shes had enough of it.  indeed enough

We aint gettin no more big hits.

I believe she'll be a granny sooner than we can imagine real life grandmother I mean.

Im ok with it - we were doomed with that moment where she would stop.

no more big hits. dare I say no more hits?

at all

no more amazing reinventions - no more terrific personas

no more new found voices.

no more jaw dropping operatic albuns

no more straight to number one ravishing tunes

no more laughs - no more gargantuan club hits.

no more underground gliteratti 

no more genius of artistic underground

no more witty dance music

no more shaking head-turning dance routines

no more yoga no more pilates no more any sort of workout

she is now a distinct old lady

and theres nothing wrong with that.

lets face it naturally - shes the last living legend  

the last member of very respectable team of revolutionaries 

who can get to direct a movie about your own legendary path?

the moment she goes through is moderate more stripped and will be more and more like this.

and this is not decline.

This is an unavoidable finding of an end point. As she deserves it. Like anyone else.

Thanks for reading. 

Edited by sidney78a
missing words (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Someone suggested Dire Straits.

burn

The

thread!! 

I hardly can imagine a more mismatched collab than a Madonna/Dire Straits album - that's a VERY strange idea - but @Glindathegoodcalling Dire Straits "homophobic" and "the worst band in the world" is just ridiculous and embarrassing.

3 hours ago, sidney78a said:

My dearest sisters, she got tired - shes had enough of it.  indeed enough

We aint gettin no more big hits.

I believe she'll be a granny sooner than we can imagine real life grandmother I mean.

Im ok with it - we were doomed with that moment where she would stop.

no more big hits. dare I say no more hits?

at all

no more amazing reinventions - no more terrific personas

no more new found voices.

no more jaw dropping operatic albuns

no more straight to number one ravishing tunes

no more laughs - no more gargantuan club hits.

no more underground gliteratti 

no more genius of artistic underground

no more witty dance music

no more shaking head-turning dance routines

no more yoga no more pilates no more any sort of workout

she is now a distinct old lady

and theres nothing wrong with that.

lets face it naturally - shes the last living legend  

the last member of very respectable team of revolutionaries 

who can get to direct a movie about your own legendary path?

the moment she goes through is moderate more stripped and will be more and more like this.

and this is not decline.

This is an unavoidable finding of an end point. As she deserves it. Like anyone else.

Thanks for reading. 

are you trolling?  :Madonna033:

21 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I like rock but I don’t think that suits her voice at all. Miley’s voice is perfectly suited to rock, but Madonna’s isn’t. 
I like acoustic folk and I wouldn’t mind some songs like that, but not a whole album. I would be sad if there weren’t at least some dance or electronic songs on her album you could dance and groove to. 
It wouldn’t have to be disco, there are many other forms of dance music. 
Madonna has done many different types of music but dance music is a big part of her legacy so I don’t see why she should abandon that. 
I think it would be cool if she had a synth pop influence like Depeche Mode or the Human League. 
This is probably controversial since fans have mixed feelings about Madame X but I think there is a lot more she could do with global and world music but mixed with electronic elements. 

She could do a full on folk pop album and leave the dance stuff to the remixers. 

slowly drip release each song with a remix. ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, DanK said:

I hardly can imagine a more mismatched collab than a Madonna/Dire Straits album - that's a VERY strange idea - but @Glindathegoodcalling Dire Straits "homophobic" and "the worst band in the world" is just ridiculous and embarrassing.

Why is it embarrassing? They are far from a critically acclaimed band. And Money from Nothing has been banned from Canadian radio.
Wouldn’t it be nice if people didn’t have to be bombarded with the f word?  At the end of the day, it’s my taste in music which I don’t see how can be embarrassing. 
People on here constantly bash all hip hop and trap and that is totally fine, but apparently a dad rock dinosaur band like Dire Straits can’t be criticized. 

1 hour ago, DaddyZ said:

She could do a full on folk pop album and leave the dance stuff to the remixers. 

slowly drip release each song with a remix. ??‍♂️

I have never been a fan of remixes of ballads and slower songs. They never really work.  I don’t understand why people are so eager for her to abandon dance music? 

5 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

At the end of the day, it’s my taste in music which I don’t see how can be embarrassing.

Because taste and objectivity are two different things. Dire Straits isn't a band I personally enjoy listening to, but saying "it's the worst band ever" is as dumb as saying "Britney Spears is the best vocalist ever". She might be one's favorite, and Dire Straits may be the band you dislike the most - that doesn't make make them  "The Best" or "The worst" ever. These guys are incredible musicians, they've influenced rock history, sold tens of millions of records. Sorry mate, Dire Straits is legit. This isn't some Romanian boys band. Not my taste, but in no way "the worst ever".

As for the ridiculous controversy over the F word used in MFN, it's basically - to quote/paraphrase Madonna, "Martin Scorsese being accused of promoting violence just because he creates a story with a violent character in it". Read the lyrics of the song, put it in context, and see how stupid it is to accuse it of being homophobic. Or maybe you also want to censor Patti Smith for "Rock'n'roll Nigger", or maybe you also consider Madonna encouraging rape because of the quote at the end of the JML video?   CONTEXT is everything.

The discourse is hilarious. We as a fanbase are the absolute distillation of what is happening in society right now. 
Madonna is so representative of exactly what is going on in the world at this precise moment. 
The duality of modern life. 

A powerful woman  <> A rich white woman

Outspoken <>Non platformed

Ambition <> Humble person of the people 

The Revolution <> The Establishment 

Entitled Boomer <> Agism Activist

Culturally Rich & Aware <> Appropriating

Out Of Date <> Wise Trailblazer

Capitalist Icon <> Artist 

So many things at the same time. So many ways to view a person and a life. 

A storm is coming though. Anyone else feel like we’re on the verge of the biggest class wars for many a decade?

Something in me tells me why we should enjoy Madonna while it lasts. There’s a cultural shift happening where wealth, celebrity and idols are losing their power. Fame is becoming more toxic than ever. 
The vast inequality in the world is unfathamable. Madonna is 100% in the eye of the storm. She is the 1%.

The 1% that have more than the rest of us put together. She’s the poster girl. I wonder if history will remember her for the right reasons. If they even are the right reasons. The Material Girl.
The Capitalist agenda and all that goes with it are a ticking time bomb. We’re about to enter a tumultuous time in history and this time it’s probably globally rather than continental or regional. 

Im not sure if she realises the time or importance of how this biopic will frame her in the books of history... and the danger here is that unlike most films, docufilms or biopics this one is constructed entirely from the person it’s about. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. 

This is singularly the most interesting thing about her now and why she is the most fascinating and important celebrity of all. She has become the art and the politics. Not her work. The work is almost futile now.....and here we are debating whether she should run to the dance floor or pick up a guitar and mosh. 

A general public pleasing sugary escapist dreamboat of pop pomp and glamour. Or a back to the bones protest laiden, anti establishment commentary on the times. 

Each apple is laced with its own poison. 
.....and in recent days the mirror has been lying to The Queen. 

...to.....be....con

4 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I have never been a fan of remixes of ballads and slower songs. They never really work.  I don’t understand why people are so eager for her to abandon dance music? 

Folk pop doesn’t mean ballads and slow stuff. Duh. 

I don’t like ballads turned into dance tracks either. Rarely works. 

secret is a mid temp track and worked great in the remixes. And though I don’t like the Don’t tell me remixes it’s another mid tempo track and WIFLFAG etc etc.