Rumor : New album / Update page 23

Redha DBL

1 hour ago, giovannimdna said:

half time show will last 24 minutes and it will be pre recorded. Not building the stage he will have more time for the show! I think Madonna could take part in these conditions. Who knows...maybe she has already recorded her part ;) #dreaming

Of course, she recorded it, like the Levitating one. 
#invisible

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9483103/the-weeknd-guest-performer-2021-pepsi-super-bowl-lv-halftime-show-poll

I think only people from the US can vote

Pepsi will cut down some of it's ads and focus on a longer halftime show. Pepsi's Todd Kaplan says: “we are going to double down on our existing 12 minutes in the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show in the middle of the Super Bowl, and we are going to build it out like we have never built it out before.”

Pepsi thinks the viewers will enjoy this longer Superbowl Halftime Show since there haven't been many live performances in the past 10 months or so and this 24 minutes show will feel more like a concert.

The Superbowl will happen February 7, 2021

Maybe M will make an appearance, after all. Maybe that photo of M with The Weeknd’s manager does indicate the recording of vocals for whatever they’re planning... but... I wouldn’t get too excited though. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up making a lame cameo appearance, and as brief as her little speech on Ariana’s “God is a woman” video. We’ll see. 

4 hours ago, Enrico said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9483103/the-weeknd-guest-performer-2021-pepsi-super-bowl-lv-halftime-show-poll

I think only people from the US can vote

Pepsi will cut down some of it's ads and focus on a longer halftime show. Pepsi's Todd Kaplan says: “we are going to double down on our existing 12 minutes in the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show in the middle of the Super Bowl, and we are going to build it out like we have never built it out before.”

Pepsi thinks the viewers will enjoy this longer Superbowl Halftime Show since there haven't been many live performances in the past 10 months or so and this 24 minutes show will feel more like a concert.

The Superbowl will happen February 7, 2021

24 minutes? So then he’s going to continue his After Hours storyline???

54 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

There should be. Madonna has performed, Beyonce has, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Maroon 5 and they give 24 minutes to the man who hasn't been around long enough to fill 10 minutes with his hits. 

Well they had the Black Eyed Peas and Maroon 5, I can’t see The Weekend being as subpar as they were is doubtful. I find him more an artist than they were but maybe that’s a generational thing. I don’t see many if any artist lasting like Madonna has. Britney and Justin barely made it out of a decade of their solo careers. Katy Perry barely is lately. Let us sit back and see what is to unfold. I mean, nothing beats what Madonna has already done there but doesn’t mean we can’t indulge it, lol

7 hours ago, gafuller said:

Well they had the Black Eyed Peas and Maroon 5, I can’t see The Weekend being as subpar as they were is doubtful. I find him more an artist than they were but maybe that’s a generational thing. I don’t see many if any artist lasting like Madonna has. Britney and Justin barely made it out of a decade of their solo careers. Katy Perry barely is lately. Let us sit back and see what is to unfold. I mean, nothing beats what Madonna has already done there but doesn’t mean we can’t indulge it, lol

Of course yeah, I just think all the others had more hits to fill their time with. Katy was pretty new when she performed but she had a huge album with 5 number one hits. Black Eyed Peas had had a decade of career at least before they invited them, so did Maroon 5. The Weeknd for some reason I can only name like 4-5 songs. But I do believe he has a lot to offer, his tunes pretty much save today's music. I just hope they don't invite Billie Eilish next year.

If she made a song with him maybe she appears

If she did not so... it's probably a new version from an old song of hers that The Weeknd will perform or she will (i like this idea)... or as said above, a very small/subtle participation as the one in God is a woman

Let's keep the expectations low

Edited by artofdarkness (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I don't know what to think of that rumored collab with the WeekEnd... she seems to love doing collabs that lead to nowhere due to her lack of interest as soon as she stepped out of the recording studio... (God is a woman, Champagne Rosé, Levitating...). She hasn't even bother to make a cameo in one of those music videos (let alone a performance...) and then should we be suprised those collabs are forgotten in a blink of an eye ?! Girl if you wanna make a collab, do the job properly, be in the music video, do a few tv performance. If you can find time to see a doctor who fills your face every week and go to a grillz shop i think you can book an afternoon to shoot a 1:30 cameo video in a music video. Do the full job or don't do it at period. I don't know why she agrees to do those collabs to begin with if she has zero interest as soon as the song drops, it's pointless...

Because she's a capitalist. She's not going to do videos when she's not promoting anything. That's like going to your friend's job to help them for no pay. I'm still shocked she performed at the Women's March. 

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

I don't know what to think of that rumored collab with the WeekEnd... she seems to love doing collabs that lead to nowhere due to her lack of interest as soon as she stepped out of the recording studio... (God is a woman, Champagne Rosé, Levitating...). She hasn't even bother to make a cameo in one of those music videos (let alone a performance...) and then should we be suprised those collabs are forgotten in a blink of an eye ?! Girl if you wanna make a collab, do the job properly, be in the music video, do a few tv performance. If you can find time to see a doctor who fills your face every week and go to a grillz shop i think you can book an afternoon to shoot a 1:30 cameo video in a music video. Do the full job or don't do it at period. I don't know why she agrees to do those collabs to begin with if she has zero interest as soon as the song drops, it's pointless...

To be fair, she seems to personally love Champagne Rose, as she’s been using the audio on various social videos since the songs release.

And she wasn’t even featured on the album version of God is a Woman, her feature was only used in the video. That’s not something that Madonna is at fault for. 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

To be fair, she seems to personally love Champagne Rose, as she’s been using the audio on various social videos since the songs release.

And she wasn’t even featured on the album version of God is a Woman, her feature was only used in the video. That’s not something that Madonna is at fault for. 

Even Madonna asked Ariana if she wanted her on the video, and she responded that having her voice would be enough for the concept.

8 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

Even Madonna asked Ariana if she wanted her on the video, and she responded that having her voice would be enough for the concept.

Tbf Madonna representing the voice of “God”, or “God” even was quite the homage. I thought it was a very cool concept. 

Overall, I also think, we, fans are probably forgetting that, at this point, Madonna really collaborates with people out of fun and/or camaraderie. There’s probably not much more to it than that. She also cannot control what those collaborators do with do with the final product —Whether they release them as singles or not, etc.