Jump to content

Rumor : New album / Update page 23


TonyMontana
 Share

Recommended Posts

MDNA and Rebel Heart videos were good in general. An improvement after the horrible videos since Get Together, with some exceptions (let's not talk about the Hard Candy ones). 

Madame X didn't have videos per se. Madame X had only screen videos for the tour released as traditional videoclips in advance. That's why the singles choosen and the videos didn't match in the end. Probably it was a way of reducing costs. Somehow it worked as a full piece, because at least they were consistent and more experimental... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

That Madame X story turning out to be true should put a couple of people who love to judge and spread speculation in their place.


Seriously.  This website is filled with the constant carping from witness cunts that seem to be forever on the rag — which, I admit , is quite remarkably considering how dried up they all truly appear to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

among all the albums of that decade, I think the worst was the MDNA. Calling Martin Solveig to produce the album was terrible. Even the collaborations with William Orbit seemed without identity, tiring and far from what we heard on Ray Of Light.
You can feel the same in Rebel Heart, but the quality of production is much better. As Madame x, I believe it is an introspective moment in her career, but she really needs to forget some things like bullfighters and Latin culture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, drcosmonauta said:


You can feel the same in Rebel Heart, but the quality of production is much better. As Madame x, I believe it is an introspective moment in her career, but she really needs to forget some things like bullfighters and Latin culture.

I have always found it rather odd that she has never really embraced her Italian heritage in her music

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/30/2020 at 12:36 AM, Shoful said:

All the Madame X bashing when it’s better than the 3 prior albums (HC, MDNA, RH) put together. The secret agent remains unbothered by her uncultured fans :) 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5cb4070757774b376f
 

Also unpopular opinion here: I love Madonna’s Madame X autotuned voice. I think it sounds amazing. She’s doing it not as a corrector but as to make a harsh sound. I LOVE how she sounds. 

I agree with all this, and the use of autotune was a creative choice, it's unconventional in its sound, and what a lot of her fans want, particularly here on this forum, is just that straight up generic pop that has mass appeal and that does well the charts. I'm afraid they won't get that Madonna. Looks like some people here want her to be something she's not. She's not going to make the music they want from her, that's not what an artist does. She'll make the music she wants to make and most importantly, what resonates with her. They can always go and listen to another artist that makes exactly the music they want to hear. I think it's a wonderful thing she's making music like Madame X, she's taking big, bold risks that many aren't. Honestly, I'd prefer that than another Confessions. She won't patronise her fans or pander to them for hit records, and that's a good thing, something to be admired that she won't play the game like a lot of music stars (I won't use the word "artist").

Edited by Swim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Before talking about Madonna maybe you should check her background. I know in these times of social media people are lazy to do the homework and speak before they think or know. What you want to be and know becomes the truth. Nothing wrong with that until you share something not as YOUR thought but as some truth. 

We all love Madonna for very different things and eras. I can't understand fans who glorify the shit Evita years or MDNA when i hate them so much but i would neversayitis her worst because this is just my fucking opinion, you know. What we all have here are opinions. Based on personal taste and knowledge. My opinion is not better or worth more than yours. It is just my opinion.

HOWEVER, You show that you know absolutely nothing about Madonna's background. At the time Madonna was a florishing artist in New York, not yet signed she was already hanging out at hip hop venues. The Roxy was just that, a hip hop club, the first one, with a rollerskating ring. She was hanging out with Bambaataa, Fab Five Freddy (accidentaly it's at one of his gigs Maripol noticed her) but she was also a regular at Negril, a small bar in the Bronx where hiphop was truly born. This is something every old school rapper have told. She was dancing with Crazy Legs and hanging out with Futura 2000, she even had a graffiti phase, Boy Toy was her tagname. She was discovered at Danceteria and music there was mostly british and new wave but her gang was hanging out there because that's where record companies scouts and art gallerists were hanging out. But their favourite club was Roxy because of HipHop and The funhouse because of the latino sound (Jellybean was the dj there) mixed with...hip hop. Sadly, AllAboutMadonna is no longer online otherwise i would have linked very early interviews from 1982/1983 where she talks about it and herfriendship with Grandmasterflash. Madonna has been listening to Hip Hop from the get go. Andshe never stopped. She favoured Public Enemy in the late 80's, you can see her train for A League Of Their Own listening to hardcore rap. Her first band signed to Maverick was Proper Ground a Los Angeles hip hop punk band. It is not something new. It is not because you hate hip hop and black people (because believe that's the subtext of everything you wrote, that's what gets out of every line you produced) that she's not allowed to like it. This is not because you don't understand hip hop that she does not, it isnot because you don't know hip hop that she does not, and it is not because you don't know Madonna that she does not know herself. 

Feel free to listen to someone else if you like disco, every pop tart released a disco album this year. You can listen to someone that fits more with your taste. You don't share Madonna's tastes anymore, you don't have a contract with her and she does not have a contract with us. We're free to go somewhere else anytime. Hanging on like this and going on over and ovrabout what you want from her is unhealthy. And that goes for all of us. It's like a bad relationship, when you are no longer satisfied by it, it's time to move on and let go. Asking someone to be what you want them to be and how you want them to act, to please you says much more about you than about the person. You don't like that person but the idea you made your mind up about that person. 

threads after threads here, it's toxic comments after toxic comments that say way much more about the posters who write them than about Madonna. Move on. find your pleasure and happiness somewhere else. Make your own record. Do your own thing. Let people who still enjoy what Madonna does enjoying it without raining on our parade with your bitterness.  Saying this or that is shit is incredibly agressive. Just say "i don't like it". Saying it's shit because you don't like it just shows that you have too much regards for yourself. Not only that but it saying "it's shit" ends the conversation, saying "i don't like it" can open a conversation. That's the big difference. Saying "it is shit" only brings negativity and some people will just hate you for that, it creates an hostile environment. And someone will lose their shit and it will end badly. Somebody leaving, somebody being banned and everybody will get a dose of negativity in the end. 

Well, you can read the development of what I said, after that. Sometimes people are lazy to keep reading the development of the threads and discussion. So, no point on keep this going. :Madonna042:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Before talking about Madonna maybe you should check her background. I know in these times of social media people are lazy to do the homework and speak before they think or know. What you want to be and know becomes the truth. Nothing wrong with that until you share something not as YOUR thought but as some truth. 

We all love Madonna for very different things and eras. I can't understand fans who glorify the shit Evita years or MDNA when i hate them so much but i would neversayitis her worst because this is just my fucking opinion, you know. What we all have here are opinions. Based on personal taste and knowledge. My opinion is not better or worth more than yours. It is just my opinion.

HOWEVER, You show that you know absolutely nothing about Madonna's background. At the time Madonna was a florishing artist in New York, not yet signed she was already hanging out at hip hop venues. The Roxy was just that, a hip hop club, the first one, with a rollerskating ring. She was hanging out with Bambaataa, Fab Five Freddy (accidentaly it's at one of his gigs Maripol noticed her) but she was also a regular at Negril, a small bar in the Bronx where hiphop was truly born. This is something every old school rapper have told. She was dancing with Crazy Legs and hanging out with Futura 2000, she even had a graffiti phase, Boy Toy was her tagname. She was discovered at Danceteria and music there was mostly british and new wave but her gang was hanging out there because that's where record companies scouts and art gallerists were hanging out. But their favourite club was Roxy because of HipHop and The funhouse because of the latino sound (Jellybean was the dj there) mixed with...hip hop. Sadly, AllAboutMadonna is no longer online otherwise i would have linked very early interviews from 1982/1983 where she talks about it and herfriendship with Grandmasterflash. Madonna has been listening to Hip Hop from the get go. Andshe never stopped. She favoured Public Enemy in the late 80's, you can see her train for A League Of Their Own listening to hardcore rap. Her first band signed to Maverick was Proper Ground a Los Angeles hip hop punk band. It is not something new. It is not because you hate hip hop and black people (because believe that's the subtext of everything you wrote, that's what gets out of every line you produced) that she's not allowed to like it. This is not because you don't understand hip hop that she does not, it isnot because you don't know hip hop that she does not, and it is not because you don't know Madonna that she does not know herself. 

Feel free to listen to someone else if you like disco, every pop tart released a disco album this year. You can listen to someone that fits more with your taste. You don't share Madonna's tastes anymore, you don't have a contract with her and she does not have a contract with us. We're free to go somewhere else anytime. Hanging on like this and going on over and ovrabout what you want from her is unhealthy. And that goes for all of us. It's like a bad relationship, when you are no longer satisfied by it, it's time to move on and let go. Asking someone to be what you want them to be and how you want them to act, to please you says much more about you than about the person. You don't like that person but the idea you made your mind up about that person. 

threads after threads here, it's toxic comments after toxic comments that say way much more about the posters who write them than about Madonna. Move on. find your pleasure and happiness somewhere else. Make your own record. Do your own thing. Let people who still enjoy what Madonna does enjoying it without raining on our parade with your bitterness.  Saying this or that is shit is incredibly agressive. Just say "i don't like it". Saying it's shit because you don't like it just shows that you have too much regards for yourself. Not only that but it saying "it's shit" ends the conversation, saying "i don't like it" can open a conversation. That's the big difference. Saying "it is shit" only brings negativity and some people will just hate you for that, it creates an hostile environment. And someone will lose their shit and it will end badly. Somebody leaving, somebody being banned and everybody will get a dose of negativity in the end. 

Bravo! It’s insufferable. It’s totally okay to not enjoy Madonna anymore, but it really serves no one to spend so much time in negative judgement of absolutely everything that she has become, especially if the opinion isn’t even educated. As for the underlying unspoken Eurocentric racism that has always existed within these online communities, Madonna can only be understood in consideration of her deep affiliation with non-white culture. Without even focusing on her artistic output, she has four African kids, she’s invested in an entire African nation’s infrastructure, and in terms of African-American culture, she has always been “street”. One could argue that because of her roots, she is actually more revered in black culture now than she is in white American mainstream culture. She told us early on in her career that as a young girl she emulated black chicks. Her understanding of hip-hop, rnb, and soul was acquired through studying dance and being an integral part of a subculture where transracial interconnectedness was primordial. That’s what disco was too before white corporatist culture capitalized on it. 

One more thing that is extraordinary about Madonna is that in spite of her own harnessing of the corporatist agenda, she is not a product. She is, however, most certainly a brilliant performance artist! She does whatever she wants. This doesn’t seem to be acknowledged enough as an attribute within her own fanbase when it is in fact what defines her entire career in context, in my opinion of course. Strange, really.


Mostly I think this particular narrative that has a faction of people wishing she’d fulfill some outdated fantasy of popular music seems to reveal that if Madonna isn’t of the zeitgeist, then neither are they. That’s a tough realization for all of us at some point, I guess. I always saw Madonna as an outsider and so it never really bothered me that she lost popularity as she aged. 
Madonna is now a legend to future generations. Whatever she does from here until her eventual death is a privilege for both her and her audience, and I think she wants it to be meaningful and impactful with integrity and heart! If that only reaches a tenth of her imperial audiences of her heyday, it is still worthy of attention and reverence for those of us still onboard! She isn’t giving us a covers album of standards from The Great American Songbook. She’s sharing a message of redemption, hope and enlightenment, and even throws in a few songs here and there to please the bop queens for good measure, but maybe they want Kylie and Gaga-style pandering? Simplicity. I feel that’s like choosing McDonald’s over a Michelin star restaurant!
 

Sassiness aside, does anyone think that Madonna mainstreaming and pandering would increase her popularity at this stage of the game? And would an increase in her mainstream popularity validate their fandom more? I feel there comes a point when we all outgrow hero worship and focus on cultivating our knowledge by broadening our horizons, no?   Madonna constantly introduces me to things I wouldn’t necessarily seek out of my own accord. That’s amazing to me! I honestly don’t see anything subpar about her artistic output. Occasionally something she does falls short in my personal opinion, but I always give her the benefit of the doubt. I find her more and more intriguing and appealing. And I’ll be honest...Its hard to watch her age. I don’t like aging either! It sucks. But I don’t care! It makes it even more exciting to watch her because her type of evolution is unique and unprecedented. 
 

Cut to Madonna releasing an album of Boney M covers produced by Pete Waterman. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s sad that we can’t have any kind of discussion about her that people assume that we’re here to fight or be against everything that she’s stand for. We need to be more kind to others and respect one another. Discussions and different points of view are not wrong, they are healthy and make the forum even more interesting. Imagine how boring it would be if what we do here is praise her 24/7,  without saying anything negative because she’s something untouchable, flawless, perfect. We are not blind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

It’s sad that we can’t have any kind of discussion about her that people assume that we’re here to fight or be against everything that she’s stand for. We need to be more kind to others and respect one another. Discussions and different points of view are not wrong, they are healthy and make the forum even more interesting. Imagine how boring it would be if what we do here is praise her 24/7,  without saying anything negative because she’s something untouchable, flawless, perfect. We are not blind. 

Honestly I don't think you're against everything she does, but other people are. Other people who haven't liked her for 15, 20 years still visit places like this regularly to trash everything she does and help push negative posts with likes and it's a bit odd...  :oi:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Markdonna said:


Seriously.  This website is filled with the constant carping from witness cunts that seem to be forever on the rag — which, I admit , is quite remarkably considering how dried up they all truly appear to be.

I dont pay any attention to it. I sometimes forget that, at times, I could be arguing with a 19-year old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Winn said:

I want  Madonna to pander and patronize me. Gimmee disco records, glam photoshoots and club anthem remixes. Insult me, baby!

Then I want 80 y.o. Madonna, sans fake booty, in a leotard. If anyone can pull that off it's HER.

Hmm.. Oh. Maybe you just got lost on your way to the Dua Lipa forum. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alibaba said:

Kylie and Gaga-style pandering? Simplicity. I feel that’s like choosing McDonald’s over a Michelin star restaurant!

Almost seems like people here don't really like those two, (they'd rather be here) yet they're yearning for that sort of thing from Madonna? when they know she's never really done that, and is less likely to at this point in her career. It's really bizarre! I feel like most them come from the comment section of the DM site, and they've really just been trolling us all along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine that this EP rumor is true.
Imagine that some songs rejected for MX are included

Imagine that her and Nicki Minaj really had a secret project together (as said by Nicki during the met ball)

Imagine that this secret project is the song about sodomy

Imagine she has had her butt surgery for this video clip

Just kidding

but imagine...

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Winn said:

I want  Madonna to pander and patronize me. Gimmee disco records, glam photoshoots and club anthem remixes. Insult me, baby!

Then I want 80 y.o. Madonna, sans fake booty, in a leotard. If anyone can pull that off it's HER.

Please lets make this happen! Disco Madonna album has been long overdue! No more urban generic music! We want DANCE DANCE DISCO!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...