Rumor : New album / Update page 23

Redha DBL

13 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

You known what would be a brilliant marketing move? If she actually made new videos to accompany songs from her latest greatest hits that didn't have videos initially. That would give us an extended experience rather than something we already have in our collections. Warner and Madonna, are you listening? #Justiceforrescueme #justiceforrevolver

Thought about that too the other day when I suddenly realized that Holiday didn't have a MV. 

On 12/30/2020 at 6:46 PM, nito84bcn said:

I agree with everything of what you said! But I'm talking more about her ego / social media, and how she believes that everything that she post there is art or revolutionary. And nobody cares anymore. 

She can be unispired for 4 years, but at least talk about her past achievements, tours, what happened during the recording of a song, quotes, photoshoots... she has a lot of material to have a really interesting social media exposure tbh. That's what I meant. 

Also her exposure / aproachment during the pandemic times was a little out of place. Nothing that a professional entertainer would do. It was almost insulting tbh. 

So true ... so sad...

I’d actually love her to return to her Burning Up / Everybody sound. Those two are distinctively different from everything that came after. Mix cold electro with funk, Rock and Punk and ska. Confessions was a trip because it took us to a time to just before she was famous. Everybody and Burning Up were just at the end of that early 80’s soundscape and some of the pre Madonna vibes with modern production is absolutely where she should be shooting her arrow right now. Especially as this biopic is going back to the beginning of her career. 
When Timbaland said they were going taking all the way back to Lucky Star for Hard Candy I really thought he meant future electro (similar to My Love The Way I Are type of synths). They both have a bit of Everybody energy. Instead what he meant was the sugary vibes of Holiday and post disco..

Early Blondie Madonna was always a trip I needed more of. This type of protest punk always suited her better than any other genre. 

12 hours ago, Matty said:

I just want her to sell her self out and cater just for the general public, for the first time ever I'm not looking forward to new music from her I want her to just embrace her legacy and give us greatest hits and re-releases. It's worked for Kylie Minogue who is now considered bigger than Madonna especially in the UK

Madonna really needs to establish herself again in the UK and rekindle the love with us Brits. I'm not here for a duet with Wknd, or her singing about anal sex if we are to believe the rumours that's just embarrassing.

Oh babe, when you said “sell her self out,” I thought you meant by working with Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, or Selena Gomez

On 12/31/2020 at 10:46 AM, Swim said:

She's already done that. Just put on Confessions and dance around to that and sprinkle some glitter on yourself.

Soryy but these songs are old, and they're not all bops. We need a new dance album. I'm sure the whole world wants her to go towards the dance/ disco route, which is what she's known for globally, what made her famous, what she did best.

Guess you are good with her destroying her entire legacy with huge butt implants, deforming cheek fillers, annoying af autotune, grills and mindless rap songs era. 

26 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

Guess you are good with her destroying her entire legacy with huge butt implants, deforming cheek fillers, annoying af autotune, grills and mindless rap songs era. 

I honestly think it’s past the point of “saving” her legacy. She’s destroyed it already. It’s done. Maybe that was her plan all along.

and  I don’t think the world needs another dance record from her. The world needs a grown up pop folk album from her. Real instruments, real vocals, meaningful lyrics and melodies and harmonies but I don’t think she can deliver that anymore. She seems stuck in a weird cycle of corrupted self image and her issues with aging. 

3 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

I honestly think it’s past the point of “saving” her legacy. She’s destroyed it already. It’s done. Maybe that was her plan all along.

and  I don’t think the world needs another dance record from her. The world needs a grown up pop folk album from her. Real instruments, real vocals, meaningful lyrics and melodies and harmonies but I don’t think she can deliver that anymore. She seems stuck in a weird cycle of corrupted self image and her issues with aging. 

Great plan M!! How tasteful! lol Im good with her doing organic music too, she could go back to her rock ''burning up'' roots thatll be a better rock album than miley's plastic hearts.

It's just so sad to see her doing so cringy lately. She needs help. She looks ridiculous, at this point she's a joke on Instagram, with hideous, unflattering looks and bad videos.

For the sake and resect of her flawless legacy, she should retire until she figures it out. Her look now is of a trapper, probably influenced by her young boyfriend. You can tell she's trying soooo hard to be ''cool'' and young, sadly this style does not do any justice to her original beauty. Love her, but please...

5 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

Great plan M!! How tasteful! lol Im good with her doing organic music too, she could go back to her rock ''burning up'' roots thatll be a better rock album than miley's plastic hearts.

I like rock but I don’t think that suits her voice at all. Miley’s voice is perfectly suited to rock, but Madonna’s isn’t. 
I like acoustic folk and I wouldn’t mind some songs like that, but not a whole album. I would be sad if there weren’t at least some dance or electronic songs on her album you could dance and groove to. 
It wouldn’t have to be disco, there are many other forms of dance music. 
Madonna has done many different types of music but dance music is a big part of her legacy so I don’t see why she should abandon that. 
I think it would be cool if she had a synth pop influence like Depeche Mode or the Human League. 
This is probably controversial since fans have mixed feelings about Madame X but I think there is a lot more she could do with global and world music but mixed with electronic elements. 

I wouldn't dislike rock, maybe something soft and refined like Dire Straits. Their songs are marvelous, so classy, and their style fits her voice and her songwriting. But I don't know, this move could be very smart, because it would means music of high quality, on the other hand it wouldn't represent the spirit of the time and her album could be totally disconnected from the reality, where everything which is not rap (of the worst quality) or trap seems to have been demolished by them. Sadly, we are no more in the '90, when the stage was dominated by myths and giants and every year you could listen to a different music genre. Today we look at those times with nostalgia for who lived them, with a bit of jealousy, sadness and the sense of a paradise lost for who, just like me, regrets not having lived that wonderful golden Era. I really hope she'll have the courage to accept she belongs to a different time, way better than the actual one, and restart to express herself, 'cause she's always lived in a league of her own, surrounded by phenomenal peers who retired or we lost through these terrible years. 

Madonna needs new blood, somebody who doesn't have a name and wants to do good work to earn one.

Orbit: A good producer but he's not an amazing songwriter and he's very repetitive.

Mirwais: Even though I personally would like M to work with him forever I don't think that another 2 albuns in a row would be necessary. 

Patrick Leonard: Mmmm... What did he do outiside M's world? Maybe he still can write good songs but as a producer I really don't see it working anymore.

The other guys (Diplo, Pharrell, Evigan, Dean, Billboard...) are not bad producers but their work with Madonna are not the best they have done, she just doesn't work to full potential with those mass producers. 

7 hours ago, diegolcl said:

Madonna needs new blood

I agree... But to be honest it's just 'danger bay' for her. New artists/producers/writers is danger bay for her career at this point. Experimental doesn't seem to work in her favour these days. Creating is one thing. Creating a hit is another. It depends on what she wants to achieve. Creating new music with past influences/producers might just bring her back. It's all great if she wants to make experimental artistic tracks like she did for Madame X.... but who is she reaching with it? Us? Her main fans? Definitely not the GP, did they even know Madame X exists? And would they even listen to it.

I thought about it. If she just got back to her roots, made catchy tunes and included experimental tracks like on Madame X... I think it could work. Like A Prayer was full of that. The hit singles and the fillers that weren't quite popular but ended up being equally fabulous. I'd love to see that. 

10 hours ago, Loki said:

I wouldn't dislike rock, maybe something soft and refined like Dire Straits. Their songs are marvelous, so classy, and their style fits her voice and her songwriting. But I don't know, this move could be very smart, because it would means music of high quality, on the other hand it wouldn't represent the spirit of the time and her album could be totally disconnected from the reality, where everything which is not rap (of the worst quality) or trap seems to have been demolished by them. Sadly, we are no more in the '90, when the stage was dominated by myths and giants and every year you could listen to a different music genre. Today we look at those times with nostalgia for who lived them, with a bit of jealousy, sadness and the sense of a paradise lost for who, just like me, regrets not having lived that wonderful golden Era. I really hope she'll have the courage to accept she belongs to a different time, way better than the actual one, and restart to express herself, 'cause she's always lived in a league of her own, surrounded by phenomenal peers who retired or we lost through these terrible years. 

Dire Straits? They have to be one of the worst bands in history!  The same band who sang that homophobic song? 
Their style of music is not suited to her at all. 

I thought about it and what would excite me is Monsieur Adi.

He should have at least been asked to do an official remix of something by now. I'd put him at the top of the list to remix classics to promote the new film. 

I know his sound has elements of Stuart/Confessions and Daft Punk. But I love that uplifting/melancholy sound on dance tracks with electronic guitars. His new remix of "I Don't Search I Find" is my favorite thing to come from the Madame X era. He has done so many fantastic revisions of her classics like "Erotica", "Frozen", "Music", "Beautiful Stranger" and "Get Together". The effort on those revisions without getting paid tells me he would be hungry and bring it.

Also have his new mix of Dua Lipa on repeat. 

9 hours ago, diegolcl said:

Patrick Leonard: Mmmm... What did he do outiside M's world? Maybe he still can write good songs but as a producer I really don't see it working anymore.

Write with Leonard Cohen maybe?!

Steve Bray has recently co-written The Color Purple musical, who will soon become a movie:

I think both could work with her with a great, mature, not trend-following pop sound!