Rumor : New album / Update page 23

Redha DBL

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

One thing is true: 75 posts in a few hours in this topic only mean that we are all desperate for some new Madonna music! Mixtape, early demos, reinvented hits, new album... everything will do, but please not just a featuring on Malik's record.

I just want the Madame Tour film :Madonna041: :Madonna023: :Madonna024:

If this is true (big IF) then I'm willing to bet it's for the soundtrack for the biopic and/or another GH collection. I don't think she would dive into a new album when it's all about editing the MXT and preparing for the movie presumably next year. Unless maybe she wants to get a head start on a new album before she starts production on the biopic?

The good thing about Pat is her and him always worked fast together. If they pull a Like A Prayer and write an entire album before the end of the year, they could have it produced by Spring.

I never even considered that during this pandemic she sat down to write lyrics. It was three years after Rebel Heart and she still had no intention of making a record but all the influences led her to make one. She's been in bed for months now, don't know what might have inspired her to do the next thing. This new situation the world is under? Her revisiting the past for the forthcoming biopic? Perhaps. I'd be happy with her making new music with anyone. Madonna doesn't belong to a museum yet and she will outlive many of her fans before she does. It's just that this rumour might just be what people want to hear and Madonna isn't exactly secretive when she is working on something. But please let something good happen soon because the twins are coming back on her social media and it's just too much for me.

5 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

I never even considered that during this pandemic she sat down to write lyrics. It was three years after Rebel Heart and she still had no intention of making a record but all the influences led her to make one. She's been in bed for months now, don't know what might have inspired her to do the next thing. This new situation the world is under? Her revisiting the past for the forthcoming biopic? Perhaps. I'd be happy with her making new music with anyone. Madonna doesn't belong to a museum yet and she will outlive many of her fans before she does. It's just that this rumour might just be what people want to hear and Madonna isn't exactly secretive when she is working on something. But please let something good happen soon because the twins are coming back on her social media and it's just too much for me.

This COULD have happened but remember she moved to LA after the tour ended in March and that surely took some time. Then it was assumed she had surgery and went straight into writing with Diablo shortly after that. She probably only had maybe a month of free time to write any music, which in Madonna's world, she probably completed like one chorus.

2 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

This COULD have happened but remember she moved to LA after the tour ended in March and that surely took some time. Then it was assumed she had surgery and went straight into writing with Diablo shortly after that. She probably only had maybe a month of free time to write any music, which in Madonna's world, she probably completed like one chorus.

I think she works fast. Especially with one producer. But what we're both saying is that her working on anything doesn't sound very plausible :tongue: I say she didn't have the mood or the inspiration you say she didn't have the time. Add the possible editing of the tour footage to what you said and on top of that she seems to be spending too much family time to be creative with music.

13 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Word is a member from PopJustice (a reliable one who revealed she was working again with Mirwais two years ago and also that she was recording a part for a Dua Lipa remix) said that the work for her next album has already begun and that she is working with Pat Leonard.  He then removed his post (apparently another reliable member asked a moderator to delete it because whatever M has in store right now musically is supposed to kept secret). 

Ok guys, this is the beginning of a loooong talking-hoping--fighting-scrutinising-speculating period ... and yet the news is so  exciting that I already know every single word will be deserved :lol:

Guest DeeperDeeper
7 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Where have you read that Mirwais is involved ? From the rumors for the moment only Pat Leonard have been mentioned.

No, i haven't read anything mentionning Mirwais, just Leonard for the moment.

I didn't mention Mirwais. I mentioned artists. 

19 hours ago, OceanBlue said:

So, new album next year (Oct/Nov), new tour on 2022, biopic in late 2022/early 2023 with new collection/original sountrack with at least a new song. Why not ?

I really don't know WHEN she syatarted working witk Patrick Leonard, since she seemed very busy writing with Diablo Cody... Patrick Leonard seems quite a "safe" name that pops up everytime she (seems to) start workig on a new project, but after the demo and the abandoned Patrick project, who knows ?

It may not even be for a new album, but for the biopic soundtrack, no no new album in sight for 2021.

btw, I'm excited she's producing new music.

The new album and the movie must be connected in some kind of way. It feels very logic that Pat Leonard should be involved, given his impact on M's career. The soundtracks sales and streams of Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman and A Star Is Born were HUGE, she can't have not noticed it.

9 hours ago, Nahual said:

Tbh I don't want her to work with previous collaborators. I want something new and fresh, not a nostalgic collaboration with Pat or Stuart or anyone else who might be creatively bankrupt. 

Patrick is responsible for so many of her hits. He knows her and brings out the best in her. He is an amazing lyricist and creates terrific melodies with her. He doesn’t have to be producer. He can write with her and she’ll have someone else produce. Patrick is anything but creatively bankrupt. He writes film scores. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
25 minutes ago, discohub said:

The new album and the movie must be connected in some kind of way. It feels very logic that Pat Leonard should be involved, given his impact on M's career. The soundtracks sales and streams of Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman and A Star Is Born were HUGE, she can't have not noticed it.

I bet she's following Elton John's path. BUT for it to be a massive hit, she needs to write an autobiography as well. That's the key to Rocket man's success - film/book/soundtrack.