Custom Madonna Monopoly I made a few years ago

Raio_05

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

You just reminded me of those Hard Candy gyms.... :lol:

You should do a Guess Who of Madonna's looks!

OMG you just gave me an idea for a gift! :scary:

1 minute ago, professormouse said:

Unfortunately no, Monopoly™ has never made one Madonna related. A crime, I know... especially when there's so many versions with musicians that aren't even half as iconic as her. I don't understand it. I also had to make an Harry Potter themed-one last year, also for a gift, for that same reason...

54 minutes ago, Dito said:

In 2012 I made a custom Madonna Monopoly on Photoshop for a fellow friend that is also a fan. I'd forgotten all about it but he sent me pics to remind me, and I remember how much I enjoyed making it - I need to do an updated 2020 one! :smile:

PbQ0Rdw.jpg

Y8aaVD0.png

The "airports" are tours and each house is a studio album! Prison is the MDNA Tour's golden triangle with the Sorry cage.

BedEnJx.jpg

I used an Euro Monopoly set for the currency, houses and dice.

CEUT2Z8.jpg

The tokens are four crystal-embedded "M D N A" letters in honor of her latest album at the time.

Brilliant idea... Love. I have some ideas though ..

'You've embarrassed Pepsi - take 5 million dollars'

'You've upset Putin for promoting gay behaviour - go to jail'

'You came on stage 5 hours late - miss 5 turns'

3 minutes ago, professormouse said:

If dodgy looking Brazil promo CD-r's 'sell'...could you not get some manufacturer interested ?
:thinker:

Maybe... I'm afraid I might get a lawsuit :lol:

I have sold one custom ordered btw, it usually just takes me like a week to make, but since I have to buy a new Monopoly for the pieces + printing everything it gets to around 100 at the end.

2 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

LOL brilliant! I'll use those on updated one I'll be making :lol:

25 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

You left Portugal - go to the begining of the game

Guest DeeperDeeper

3 hours ago, Dito said:

Should I start a business :eyes:

No. Hasbro who holds the copyright for Monopoly is known to pursue copyright infringements rigorously and also Madonna's team may pursue you for copyright as well. A Madonna themed Monopoly game would be lucrative and something Madonna and Hasbro would want creative control over.

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

No. Hasbro who holds the copyright for Monopoly is known to pursue copyright infringements rigorously and also Madonna's team may pursue you for copyright as well. A Madonna themed Monopoly game would be lucrative and something Madonna and Hasbro would want creative control over.

Thank you for bringing me back to reality :lol: it's true, I've read some horror stories about copyrights, unfortunately...

What I CAN do, though, is to print a copy every year and just make a contest on a forum or something for the fan to win one, free of charge! I've read that if it's a gift and there's no profit from it, then it's okay to make a personalized one.

2 hours ago, Semtex1 said:

Well you could still make your own board game. I would definitely play a Truth or Dare version / snakes and ladders style which could involve performing with a bottle or downing shots, completing lyrics and every other square you land on you should be forced to sing 'Candy shop'

Oh my God... you just gave another idea :drama:

Guest DeeperDeeper
26 minutes ago, Dito said:

Thank you for bringing me back to reality :lol: it's true, I've read some horror stories about copyrights, unfortunately...

What I CAN do, though, is to print a copy every year and just make a contest on a forum or something for the fan to win one, free of charge! I've read that if it's a gift and there's no profit from it, then it's okay to make a personalized one.

Oh my God... you just gave another idea :drama:

Why don't you pitch the idea to Hasbro and M's record company (whatever that is at the moment).