The Madonna "James Foley" Videos!

Voguerista

From the James Foley Videos, which would be your favorite: Live To Tell, Papa Don't Preach, True Blue, Who's That Girl, or The Look Of Love?   This director doesn't get as much attention it seems. Never the less, all four videos are really enjoyable in different ways even if a few of them were shot with movie scenes. Madonna is so beautiful in the "Live To Tell" video. I think it's my favorite from the four. Then again, how can anyone resist the "cuteness" factor of Madonna in "True Blue" or "The Look Of Love" ?

You missed Who's that girl, he directed it under a nickname but that's really Foley. My favourite must be PDP because she showed that she's a good actress in it. At 28 no one questionned she could be a teenager needing her dad's approval to keep her baby :)

11 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

You missed Who's that girl, he directed it under a nickname but that's really Foley. My favourite must be PDP because she showed that she's a good actress in it. At 28 no one questionned she could be a teenager needing her dad's approval to keep her baby :)

I'll edit! THANKS!!xxx

The loneliness of Live To Tell is haunting. 
Papa is obviously storytelling and iconic. 
Who’s That Girl is cute for something she did on her lunch break but it looks like a SNL sketch cheapness levels. 
I’ll never get over the lack of attention paid to The Look Of Love. It’s just incredible and a true indicator of where she was going with Like A Prayer energy mindset wise. I’m convinced there’s a level of a sense of foreboding re the Sean situation. I think she knew very quickly they’d never last. He was out of control with jealousy and anger from 1986. 

Why does she always ignore my favourite songs. The Look Of Love, Rescue Me, Nothing Fails and Nothing Really Matters. 

Why you do me like this mom ? 

2 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Why does she always ignore my favourite songs. The Look Of Love, Rescue Me, Nothing Fails and Nothing Really Matters. 

Why you do me like this mom ? 

I don't think she really ignored NRM , if anything she kept on beating that dead horse for a while, she even performed it at the shammys

18 minutes ago, Ian said:

I don't think she really ignored NRM , if anything she kept on beating that dead horse for a while, she even performed it at the shammys

I mean it was performed because it was her current single when the Grammys rolled around so promo op but outside of that she abandoned it. 

Guest DeeperDeeper

Papa Don't Preach - that song and video was when she was becoming political. 

Also made the 'Italians Do It Better' t-shirt iconic.