My BAT upscales are finally ready

Bat-Fan

5 minutes ago, Matty said:

It looks really good ? 

thank you, it was the hardest thing I have done, having no backround in video editing/processing at all. Alot of failed attempts. But I am very happy with the final result. It took a very long time and alot of patience and many sleepless nights.

On 12/5/2020 at 1:14 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

is this the Nice show?

yes it is. But I am working on Yoko too. Its easier in a way since the source I have is so good, also its more fun to work with cause Yoko can be changed drastically from a rather dull and colorless video, to tastefully recolored version with amplified lighting; mostly using a mix of gamma settings changes, contrast and color changes and brightness settings. To make Nice look so good was VERY hard. The motion was very tricky to do, because I upscaled it to a different frame rate. Also the source was rather pixellated in scenes with fast movement and alot of lighting. I had to use alot of softwares that I had never used: VideoProc (to make it a progressive video; deinterlace it, also add B frames, change the GOP and bitrate (I used ABR not CBR) settings plus the H.264 profile, Topaz AI; upcaling the "progressive and superior" video from VideoProc, daVinci Resolve (much better than premium pro btw); for color correction, gamma settings and to optimize media for a smoother playback of the output video, AVS video editor for final touches and some sharpening and additional color and contrast changes, finally Corel Video Studio to do a menu: DVD/BluRay. I have the file in HD and 4K. Same artwork as before.

I usually don't like upscales since they tend to blur the face a lot and take away details that were once there in the original format BUT this is really nicely done and keeps a lot of the details there! Really proud and great work on doin this!

Edit: And also of COURSE the hair will look weird haha AI is not that advanced yet to improve the hair texture quality but it's not super distracting for me 

Edited by AntiSkilled (see edit history)