My BAT upscales are finally ready

Bat-Fan

On 12/6/2020 at 9:01 PM, Bat-Fan said:

links to both shows are coming soon. However I am still not sure if I want to post the links in the video section here, because I dont want a certain member to make fun of my 4 months of hard work, and he will 100% do just that and I am not up for any more drama. Of cource I can send you the links after I upload them, via PM? If you want a physical copy, I have a pro printer (also prints the discs) and I  can make the physicals and send you for free. Not doing this to profit, but not to be made fun of either. Mostly I did it because I REALLY wanted to. But I will share with anyone who is interested.

Please dont let interlacedgeek intimidate you. I am just watching his BA "upscale" and although I appreciate the effort, his upscales are completely faithful to the originals in the sense that he doesnt seem to take any additional creative decisions on his own. What I mean is that he upscales but for example, if Nice BA was blurry and the colors were not vivid he leaves it like that. He does not make additional efforts to make it sharper or with more vivid colors. So honestly I much prefer upscales like yours where you are making an effort to make it more vivid and with increased sharpness. Please do share and put him on ignore. 

In other topics, I just got a new Mac and I am unable to install the software I used to edit videos on my old mac, for example mpegstreamclip which I used to cut long files into shorter files without loosing quality or that I used to convert from mpeg to dv, mp4 or mov does not work with the new Mac OS. Do you have any software that you can recommend for me to do this?

Also, when you say: daVinci Resolve (much better than premium pro btw); for color correction <--- do you mean the free version of davinci resolve is better than the premium version, or what exactly do you mean?

Thanks 

On 12/14/2020 at 1:05 PM, Bat-Fan said:

Of course, links to DVD, Bluray (1080p) and 4k; for which I had to buy a new computer for. Having a software that takes advantage of high quality engine and selecting High Profile for H.264 codec, you need a computer that can handle it. I originally had someone doing this for me because I knew nothing about video editing/processing, but obsessive as I am, I was never happy so I learned to do it on my own and it was not easy. Learning about encoding, compression, deinterlacing, GOP settings, scene detection settings, H.264 profiles, MOV and/or H.264, amount of Bframes to be inserted in relations to the GOP settings, using such poor quality source, was a nightmare and it took months. Ironically using the AI software was the easiest part. Getting it good enoug before running it through Topaz was terrible. The hardest was the motion, I kept getting a slight judder/stutter in very fast moving moments  (that nobody seemed to notice but me), so alot of trial and error to get the motion smooth; a combination of amount of B frames; in regards to the GOP selected, that also depends on the fpr, and using the best bitrate settings. Variable bitrate and 2nd pass encoding did a good job but I liked using constant bitrate and I have versions using CBR rather than VBR, but those files are huge. Took me a while to figure out the best result for the 29.97fps was 2Bframes and a GOP of 150 (software had it autoset to 250) and 5.2 High Profile, but for my 60fpr version, I used GOP of 300, 3Bframes, and 5.2 high profile. I did 2 versions, using either CBR or VBR, and 2nd pass, but only VBR for 4k due to size, so basically I have 5 versions of Nice. For the "SD" which you may wonder why I bothered to do, I used CBR, and it looks amazing. The after effects from AVS Video editor helped alot (even though AVS is pretty simple) with the sharpness and gamma setting, but I used daVinci resolve for the colors and to optimize the video's motion.

Please let me know which software I should get for a mac m1 8gb ram (unfortunately it is not the 16gb ram mac). :pray:

21 hours ago, realityisalways said:

I just got a new Mac and I am unable to install the software I used

UGH I just got a new Mac too and everything I had been using on my old Mac is out of date. Like my streaming programs, torrents... had to find new workarounds. and I HATE the no iTunes. so annoying I feel your pain.

10 hours ago, Andymad said:

UGH I just got a new Mac too and everything I had been using on my old Mac is out of date. Like my streaming programs, torrents... had to find new workarounds. and I HATE the no iTunes. so annoying I feel your pain.

What? There's no itunes? 

2 minutes ago, realityisalways said:

What? There's no itunes? 

Well it's now changed to just "Music". It just seems very confusing to me since I didn't want to merge my info and start fresh. So I may have made it annoying for myself LOL.

So now I have to manually start from scratch uploading my media, re-making playlists, and re-synching my phone... its all very extra of me, I'm sure hahaha

On 12/27/2020 at 5:29 PM, realityisalways said:

Please dont let interlacedgeek intimidate you. I am just watching his BA "upscale" and although I appreciate the effort, his upscales are completely faithful to the originals in the sense that he doesnt seem to take any additional creative decisions on his own. What I mean is that he upscales but for example, if Nice BA was blurry and the colors were not vivid he leaves it like that. He does not make additional efforts to make it sharper or with more vivid colors. So honestly I much prefer upscales like yours where you are making an effort to make it more vivid and with increased sharpness. Please do share and put him on ignore. 

In other topics, I just got a new Mac and I am unable to install the software I used to edit videos on my old mac, for example mpegstreamclip which I used to cut long files into shorter files without loosing quality or that I used to convert from mpeg to dv, mp4 or mov does not work with the new Mac OS. Do you have any software that you can recommend for me to do this?

Also, when you say: daVinci Resolve (much better than premium pro btw); for color correction <--- do you mean the free version of davinci resolve is better than the premium version, or what exactly do you mean?

Thanks 

Thank you for your kind words. ? I will of course send links to Nice/Japan to the ones that ask. I am hypercritical of my work and a bit insecure. A few months ago I didn't even know what encoding meant, I just tought myself to do all this and it was a very frustrating process, but also rewarding in the end. But my insecurities is why no links are in the download section yet. Funny you mentioned sharpness, cause I thought I added too much sharpness, almost to the point of looking "fake" so I slighly changed it, hence the delay in the PM sent links (sorry about that).

As for software, I recommend daVinci Resolve. I have the paid version (I hate Premium pro with a passion), but you are using Mac, so daVinci is the one for you. It does more than color correction, but I am sure you know all it does. I have a PC, but daVinci, Topaz, HandBrake, Corel VideoStudio 2020 and VideoProc all work for a PC. HandBrake also works on Mac but its not perfect and is very slow, it does a decent job on deinterlacing if you want a progressive video, which you do. But daVinci is the best video editing software and popular amongst mac users, and the free version allows you to do surprisingly much. Another great but underrated software is VideoProc and it works for Mac. It is underrated because its so simple to use. Snobs will dismiss it. It isnt the best for very detailed color correction, but I had to use it, because it handled motion issues and frame rate change extremely well (better than all other softwares) and is great for deinterlacing. It's also the most simple, yet best software if you want to manually add B frames, relative to GOP settings. Mostly it's ideal for encoding (rather than editing) and for deinterlacing, plus frame rate change, without causing judder/stutter issues, and it takes advantage of high quality engine, with full GPU accelerationfull and can encode H.264, H.265 (HEVC), MKV and QuickTime, MOV (which is what you want), but you have to pay for the 4K capable processing version. It also rips DVDs/Blurays and internet links like youtube videos and works for both android and iPhone. But for pro editing and post production, it is not nearly as good as daVinci. That is why I used several softwares, because one would do a much better job for a particular task but not great for something else, for example motion was a problem and the less sophisticated software was in the end, the best. (sorry long post) And links are coming I promise.

8 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Thank you for your kind words. ? I will of course send links to Nice/Japan to the ones that ask. I am hypercritical of my work and a bit insecure. A few months ago I didn't even know what encoding meant, I just tought myself to do all this and it was a very frustrating process, but also rewarding in the end. But my insecurities is why no links are in the download section yet. Funny you mentioned sharpness, cause I thought I added too much sharpness, almost to the point of looking "fake" so I slighly changed it, hence the delay in the PM sent links (sorry about that).

As for software, I recommend daVinci Resolve. I have the paid version (I hate Premium pro with a passion), but you are using Mac, so daVinci is the one for you. It does more than color correction, but I am sure you know all it does. I have a PC, but daVinci, Topaz, HandBrake, Corel VideoStudio 2020 and VideoProc all work for a PC. HandBrake also works on Mac but its not perfect and is very slow, it does a decent job on deinterlacing if you want a progressive video, which you do. But daVinci is the best video editing software and popular amongst mac users, and the free version allows you to do surprisingly much. Another great but underrated software is VideoProc and it works for Mac. It is underrated because its so simple to use. Snobs will dismiss it. It isnt the best for very detailed color correction, but I had to use it, because it handled motion issues and frame rate change extremely well (better than all other softwares) and is great for deinterlacing. It's also the most simple, yet best software if you want to manually add B frames, relative to GOP settings. Mostly it's ideal for encoding (rather than editing) and for deinterlacing, plus frame rate change, without causing judder issues, and it takes advantage of high quality engine and can encode H.264, H.265 (HEVC) and MOV (which is what you want), and 4K. It also rips DVDs/Blurays and internet links like youtube videos and works for both android and iPhone. But for pro editing and post production, it is not nearly as good as daVinci. That is why I used several softwares, because one would do a much better job for a particular task but not great for something else, for example motion was a problem and the less sophisticated software was in the end, the best. (sorry long post) And links are coming I promise.

would it be possible to have a link please? What you have done looks amazing and I'm obsessed with Blond Ambition

39 minutes ago, Matty said:

would it be possible to have a link please? What you have done looks amazing and I'm obsessed with Blond Ambition

Uploading to MEGA. Everyone who has replied here or PM me will get links to both shows. I am sorry it has taken so long, I just had to make a slight changes. I had added too much sharpness that to me appears slighly "uneven" and hence not "realistic" enough so I fixed that without crushing detail. I am sure every single member here knows my OCD is huge, but lets hope it ultimately resulted in something great. I can't promise that everyone will love it, but I can promise, I worked my ass off for about 5 months, from not knowing anything about video processing/editing, while also working a 150% job time as a doctor in the middle of a pandemic, that is also a reason why I am so late and not very active here. I hope you guys can bear with me. And if someone doesn't like the concerts, I am very sorry, but I poored my heart and soul to this with 0 exerience. I even had to buy a new computer with a higher RAM and processing power. Also I am not in competition with anyone else, I did it because of my love for this concert.

50 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

As for software, I recommend daVinci Resolve. I have the paid version (I hate Premium pro with a passion), but you are using Mac, so daVinci is the one for you. It does more than color correction, but I am sure you know all it does. I have a PC, but daVinci, Topaz, HandBrake, Corel VideoStudio 2020 and VideoProc all work for a PC. HandBrake also works on Mac but its not perfect and is very slow, it does a decent job on deinterlacing if you want a progressive video, which you do. But daVinci is the best video editing software and popular amongst mac users, and the free version allows you to do surprisingly much. Another great but underrated software is VideoProc and it works for Mac. It is underrated because its so simple to use. Snobs will dismiss it. It isnt the best for very detailed color correction, but I had to use it, because it handled motion issues and frame rate change extremely well (better than all other softwares) and is great for deinterlacing. It's also the most simple, yet best software if you want to manually add B frames, relative to GOP settings. Mostly it's ideal for encoding (rather than editing) and for deinterlacing, plus frame rate change, without causing judder issues, and it takes advantage of high quality engine and can encode H.264, H.265 (HEVC) and MOV (which is what you want), and 4K. It also rips DVDs/Blurays and internet links like youtube videos and works for both android and iPhone. But for pro editing and post production, it is not nearly as good as daVinci. That is why I used several softwares, because one would do a much better job for a particular task but not great for something else, for example motion was a problem and the less sophisticated software was in the end, the best. (sorry long post) And links are coming I promise.

Thank you so much, VideoProc sounds like it can handle what I did with MPEGstreamclip, will definitely look into it and Davinci Resolve.

7 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Uploading to MEGA. Everyone who has replied here or PM me will get links to both shows. I am sorry it has taken so long, I just had to make a slight changes. I had added too much sharpness that to me appears slighly "uneven" and hence not "realistic" enough so I fixed that without crushing detail. I am sure every single member here knows my OCD is huge, but lets hope it ultimately resulted in something great. I can't promise that everyone will love it, but I can promise, I worked my ass off for about 5 months, from not knowing anything about video processing/editing, while also working a 150% job time as a doctor in the middle of a pandemic, that is also a reason why I am so late and not very active here. I hope you guys can bear with me. And if someone doesn't like the concerts, I am very sorry, but I poored my heart and soul to this with 0 exerience. I even had to buy a new computer with a higher RAM and processing power.

What is the RAM on your computer? I am worried since even though my macbook has the M1 chip, its the 8GB Ram one. So not sure it can handle Davinci Resolve. Please do include me in your list for the links.

Thanks again.

9 minutes ago, realityisalways said:

Thank you so much, VideoProc sounds like it can handle what I did with MPEGstreamclip, will definitely look into it and Davinci Resolve.

What is the RAM on your computer? I am worried since even though my macbook has the M1 chip, its the 8GB Ram one. So not sure it can handle Davinci Resolve. Please do include me in your list for the links.

Thanks again.

Ram: 16 GB. Videoproc together with daVinci is a winning combo for sure. Topaz if you are into AI. I added in my lengthy comment more about VideoProc and 4K.

15 minutes ago, realityisalways said:

Thanks again.

8 RAM is enough to handle both softwares without problem. 

16 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Uploading to MEGA. Everyone who has replied here or PM me will get links to both shows. I am sorry it has taken so long, I just had to make a slight changes. I had added too much sharpness that to me appears slighly "uneven" and hence not "realistic" enough so I fixed that without crushing detail. I am sure every single member here knows my OCD is huge, but lets hope it ultimately resulted in something great. I can't promise that everyone will love it, but I can promise, I worked my ass off for about 5 months, from not knowing anything about video processing/editing, while also working a 150% job time as a doctor in the middle of a pandemic, that is also a reason why I am so late and not very active here. I hope you guys can bear with me. And if someone doesn't like the concerts, I am very sorry, but I poored my heart and soul to this with 0 exerience. I even had to buy a new computer with a higher RAM and processing power. Also I am not in competition with anyone else, I did it because of my love for this concert.

Thank you so much, I'm so freaking excited about this :heart:

• 3 weeks later...