I learned something new again...

RUADJAI

3 hours ago, Team Madonna said:

Speaking of Truth or Dare, does anyone have the clip of her telling someone to bite their tongue when someone brought up Janet Jackson? That clip gets me every time???

She probably wouldn't have said anything if the queens didn't start making bird noises. 

5 hours ago, Sprk said:

In the case of the 'feud' (I wonder if Ryan Murphy would ever do a show on it) between Madonna and Janet I'd have to say Madonna is the one who started it. She tried to hit on Janet's boyfriend René backstage at an award show in the 80s.

I truly hope Ryan Murphy won't get his dirty hands on Madonna ever again (he was the spin doctor of The Next Best Thing screenplay and Madonna strangled him at the Met ball in 2011), i truly hate his misogynistic view on women, reducing them to clichés. I truly, really hate his work.That said. 

The pseudo Janet/Madonna feud started when Madonna talked about Latoya fake tits in a Rolling stone interview after the the interviewer showed her an early copy of her Playboy cover. Madonna apologized about it during an interview with Molly Meldrum a few weeks later (the white suit interview at Oriole way house) but the segment never aired (it is now available on YT). Then, Jose & Luis said in an interview that they were the ones who fueled Madonna's jokes about her in Truth or Dare because Janet had cut them from the audition for her world tour before Madonna hired them. So they were bitching about Janet the whole tour and Madonna joined. Which pissed off Janet when she saw or heard about the movie. But before the movie was released the big thing happened at the 1990 MTV awards according to Jose&Luis, they choregraphed the whole Vogue/Marie Antoinette thing to spite Janet who was also performing that night. They even went as far as laughing at her backstage when they left the stage. It was their payback for being rejected. (ok i've spent nearly 30 minutes on the internet to try to find that Jose&Luis interview where they explained it all but no luck with it). And Madonna criticized Janet to Michael according to Jermaine. 

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I truly hope Ryan Murphy won't get his dirty hands on Madonna ever again (he was the spin doctor of The Next Best Thing screenplay and Madonna strangled him at the Met ball in 2011), i truly hate his misogynistic view on women, reducing them to clichés. I truly, really hate his work.That said. 

The pseudo Janet/Madonna feud started when Madonna talked about Latoya fake tits in a Rolling stone interview after the the interviewer showed her an early copy of her Playboy cover. Madonna apologized about it during an interview with Molly Meldrum a few weeks later (the white suit interview at Oriole way house) but the segment never aired (it is now available on YT). Then, Jose & Luis said in an interview that they were the ones who fueled Madonna's jokes about her in Truth or Dare because Janet had cut them from the audition for her world tour before Madonna hired them. So they were bitching about Janet the whole tour and Madonna joined. Which pissed off Janet when she saw or heard about the movie. But before the movie was released the big thing happened at the 1990 MTV awards according to Jose&Luis, they choregraphed the whole Vogue/Marie Antoinette thing to spite Janet who was also performing that night. They even went as far as laughing at her backstage when they left the stage. It was their payback for being rejected. (ok i've spent nearly 30 minutes on the internet to try to find that Jose&Luis interview where they explained it all but no luck with it). And Madonna criticized Janet to Michael according to Jermaine. 

Nothing pseudo about this feud. Janet really, really doesn’t like Madonna. Perhaps things are different now, but I know for a fact Janet didn’t even appreciate Madonna being discussed in the online fanclub chatroom she used to frequent incognito. 

4 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

You're not alone!  Wow, I guess the B&W vs color never really let me put those together, lol!  I'm guessing she did her interview and then invited the ladies in to par-tay!

Nah. If you watch the interview Kurt tells it that he walks in to the dance party and then she sat down only after she had exhausted herself. You can also hear the party going on in the background of the interview. Being around so many gay men RIGHT before the interview might also explain why she comes off as a bit bitchy too. IMHO.

and Nobody Knows Me shared this tid bit. 

On 12/5/2020 at 4:51 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

When she says “coitus interrupted” in the film I only realised a few months ago she was referring to Kurt Loder walking in.

1 hour ago, Sprk said:

Nothing pseudo about this feud. Janet really, really doesn’t like Madonna. Perhaps things are different now, but I know for a fact Janet didn’t even appreciate Madonna being discussed in the online fanclub chatroom she used to frequent incognito. 

I know. There are two artists she hates : Madonna and Prince, and Prince was vocal about what he thought about her. She didn't cry when he died. 

41 minutes ago, diegolcl said:

There was a rumor around the time of the VMA's 2009 about Madonna and Janet going to dinner together after the MJ tribute. Does anybody knows if there's any truth to it?

If it was, it was one hell of a time for Janet because during that same tribute she also danced with a woman who was her best friend and she had a huuuuge falling out with. 

3 minutes ago, Sprk said:

If it was, it was one hell of a time for Janet because during that same tribute she also danced with a woman who was her best friend and she had a huuuuge falling out with. 

Do we actually know why she had a falling out with fantastic Tina???? Cannot be only cause of this cheating guy, was it?? 

7 minutes ago, LX54 said:

Do we actually know why she had a falling out with fantastic Tina???? Cannot be only cause of this cheating guy, was it?? 

Either Tina’s fiancé cheated on her, Janet knew about it, and decided not to tell Tina. Or Janet’s husband was cheating on her (honestly, not an unlikely scenario), Tina knew about it, and decided not to tell Janet. The song “You ain’t right” is about this, and Janet sings that she was stabbed in the back.

25 minutes ago, Sprk said:

Either Tina’s fiancé cheated on her, Janet knew about it, and decided not to tell Tina. Or Janet’s husband was cheating on her (honestly, not an unlikely scenario), Tina knew about it, and decided not to tell Janet. The song “You ain’t right” is about this, and Janet sings that she was stabbed in the back.

I heard about the Tina guy but cannot believe they fell out just over some cheating guy matter, such a lame reason... What a waste, Tina was one of her best choreographers, EVER!!  

Thanks for the answer, and a million thanks for the amazing files you share!!!