B-Sides played more than the A-Sides at the radio station.

Aiwa08

When the single "Justify My Love" was sent to the radio stations, in Spain many local radio stations started to play the B-Side: "Express Yourself (Immaculate Collection Version)" instead the A-Side: "Justify My Love". Yes, they played "Justify My Love" but they played more "Express Yourself" in those days. 

Do you remember something similar with another Madonna' single? a B-Side played more than a A-Side at your local radio station?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, rlittler81 said:

Didn't a lot of US stations opt to play 'Don't Stop' rather than Human Nature?

I thought so too but then the B-side was Sanctuary and I can’t imagine them playing that.

The ultimate B side played more than the original (at least in North America) by FAR is Into The Groove. Nothing else even compares. 

Throughout my whole life, I have probably heard ITG more than any other M song ever on radio. 

It definitely overshadowed Angel (which is a song I love btw). I would also say the general population would know ITG much more than Angel. Besides the fact, ITG is one of her biggest hits ever and it was a legit B side, never charting on the Billboard Hot 100. 

Oh, and further more, even though I was just a kid when it was initially released, I knew 5 other friends/family with the 12" single of Angel/Into the Groove. I have never known that many people still to this day with the same single in any format from Madonna. And they all pretty much got it just to hear ITG. 

Edited by jtrover
Addition (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I really wish Angel and Into the Groove had been separate singles. Into the Groove would have gotten her another US #1 and Angel is one of my favourite ‘80s Madonna songs and I wish it had gotten some more attention. 

On 12/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

I really wish Angel and Into the Groove had been separate singles. Into the Groove would have gotten her another US #1 and Angel is one of my favourite ‘80s Madonna songs and I wish it had gotten some more attention. 

I 100% agree wholeheartedly. It's always irked me that ITG wasn't an official single, because it deserves that #1 Hot 100 spot, which would have been guaranteed. Especially like I said, it's the Madonna song I have heard radio play throughout the years more than any other song from her. And Angel, I agree. I absolutely love that song so much. It's one of my top Madonna songs ever. It deserved so much more attention than it ever received. 

Edited by jtrover (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 hours ago, jtrover said:

And Angel, I agree. I absolutely love that song so much. It's one of my top Madonna songs ever. It deserved so much more attention than it ever received. 

It’s one of my favourites as well. I really wish that they’d made a video for it out of the Herb Ritts Hawaii photoshoot.