Some Girls

Garry Howieson

I like the song... Im not fond of the music. Its a bit dated. That said I do think this is a very Madonna song. 

Some girl are not like me = I'm not like other girls. 

I just dont understand the part that goes. 

"Wrap you arms around my neck
It's time to deal, so cut the deck
If you wanna play this game with me"

Unless she's just speaking as a fuck bot, then I think I might like the song more. ?

Would actually go great in the video game CyberPunk 2077 that just came out. 

MDNA is a product of the early 2010s. Most of her albums are products of when they came out. Confessions doesn’t sound like a specific year but all the rest, you can’t quite pluck out of their time periods. Some Girls is a rare song I’d pull out, but I love MDNA as a whole so. It was also the first album I bought any songs of hers that wasn’t a single from my mom, and she really only kept the Immaculate around. 

On 12/12/2020 at 11:09 AM, Garry Howieson said:

I know there is a lot of haters out there.... But I love this song and William Orbits 9 min version is pure class. ?

I love this song.  It's my favorite from MDNA, which I really love.  Not sure why so much hate for this album.  It crushes Hard Candy into dust.

Sonically, it doesn’t manage to achieve anything that I’m Addicted doesn’t achieve in a much tighter and better way. 
It’s not as bad as Turn Up The Radio or GMAYL, though, and the vocal production is not as bad as on Love Spent. 
I’m Addicted deserved to be the albums lead single, released as a double A-side with Masterpiece. Imagine how that era could have turned out.