Possible Biopic Titles

RUADJAI

I think Nobody Knows Me would be an awesome title too...

1. It's a true statement

2. It would entice people to see the movie to see who she really is

3. It's the title of one of her best electro spiritual songs/One of her best live performances ever

On 12/20/2020 at 11:39 PM, RUADJAI said:

I think Nobody Knows Me would be an awesome title too...

1. It's a true statement

2. It would entice people to see the movie to see who she really is

3. It's the title of one of her best electro spiritual songs/One of her best live performances ever

I like but if it's stops to ROL...

Lucky Star - but it's too obscure for today's audiences...

Live To Tell - kinda same but it's a bigger hit than LS but it sounds kinda dramatic 

Material Girl - there's already a movie called Material Girls...

Blond Ambition - there's already a movie called Blonde Ambition...

Like A Virgin - I guess that would be the best bet...

:cryin:

I think the title depends a lot on the time frame of the film. If it covers her rise to fame, up through the Blond Ambition Tour, then naming the film Blond Ambition makes a lot of sense. 

If it covers her early days in New York, her rise to fame, and ends with her performance of Like A Virgin at the first VMAs, then maybe a title referring to her first album, like Pre-Madonna, or Like A Virgin. 

I can't imagine this film will delve into her life beyond the 80s/early 90s. That would simply be too much to cover in one film, and music biopics are very formulaic, they typically end on a moment of triumph for the artist. The concert at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody for instance, or Elton John's rehabilitation and return to music in Rocketman. Which is what lead me to the two suggestions I made. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Personally I’d like the biopic to be called Blond Ambition with the film leading up to the Blond Ambition Tour and then a memoir covering the rest of her career, but she seems intent on covering the ‘90s as well.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

Is this confirmed?

In the Instagram live video she was writing a scene in 1995 and she confirmed that she’d get to Ray of Light. It’s not confirmed where it ends but they were already over one hundred pages in by that point.

38 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

In the Instagram live video she was writing a scene in 1995 and she confirmed that she’d get to Ray of Light. It’s not confirmed where it ends but they were already over one hundred pages in by that point.

Hmmmmm.... if this is the case I could see it ending with the Ray of Light album. Her first universally acclaimed album. Her first, second, third, and fourth musical grammies. The song Ray of Light would be an epic ending song to a biopic. One that sounds incredibly biographical but yet rambunctious and fun. 

They may just name it Ray of Light. 

Whatever Happened To Louise Ciccone?

In that VH1 special, Madonna Rising, they briefly interview an older Latin woman who says M and her son used to hang out in her Lower East Side days. But she says "Louisa Ciccone, that they now call Madonna...." Always makes my day. Carry on.

Edited by Pootz333 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...