New album with only unreleased songs on

Mark80s

10 hours ago, PatrickSamuel said:

I'd say no to that. I'm really against the idea of being forced to release work that an artist first deemed unworthy of inclusion on an album or collection.

Leave them where they are and move forward. 

Not entirely. There are plenty of brilliant songs that are written and recorded that just don’t fit the mood or vibe of the rest of the album or there is another song on the album with a similar message. It’s not always about the quality of the work. 

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 9:35 AM, Aiwa08 said:

I don't want a "unreleased" songs album. They remain "unreleased" for a reason.  But I love the idea of special boxes for every album with remastered singles, remixes, and unreleased songs. That's the way. Something like Liza Minnelli - Result (Remastered & Expanded 4-Disc Edition)

1275833341_LIZA_MINNELLI_RESULTS-EXPANDED4DISCEDITION-697879b.jpg.b9868062d1cfc4c726322c9ebf4b34b4.jpg

Also like how the Pet Shop Boys have there Further Listening re-releases of there albums

On 12/23/2020 at 6:51 PM, steady75 said:

Not entirely. There are plenty of brilliant songs that are written and recorded that just don’t fit the mood or vibe of the rest of the album or there is another song on the album with a similar message. It’s not always about the quality of the work. 

Apparently tgat is what happened for Love attack and First there is a kiss in Like a prayer.

I hope I will hear them before I die!

For instance, Run, Animal and Never let you go are great songs even if they don't fit the Music, Hand Candy or Rebel Heart albums. I like them more than some released tracks.

I think Angels With Dirty Faces is the key here. We had literally no idea of it’s existence at all and suddenly there it is. We’ve spent years speculating about the two lost mid 80’s soundtrack songs when in reality theres probably a slew of 82-84 tracks we have zero info or idea about. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I think Angels With Dirty Faces is the key here. We had literally no idea of it’s existence at all and suddenly there it is. We’ve spent years speculating about the two lost mid 80’s soundtrack songs when in reality theres probably a slew of 82-84 tracks we have zero info or idea about. 

Bruce Gaitsch, co-writer of "La Isla Bonita" and guitarist on "True Blue" and "Like a Prayer" alluded to the fact that he was involved with this unreleased track in an interview with Madonna music expert, Peter Magennis in 2006: "I have a tape somewhere of some songs I had to learn parts from and none of these songs are on it. But there is a song called Angels with Dirty Faces on it that is killer".

(from the great Wikipedia page Unreleased Madonna songs)

I was so happy that PL leaked the full song, but I have to admit that it can't compare with the other LAP tracks and sounds dated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...