What's this ?

Redha DBL

I mean, it’s nothing new. Even if there have been changes to what she’s talking about, it truly has been going on for years. It sounds like she’s reading a garbage article from a tabloid. 

And sadly, her post has been used as another excuse for her haters to troll her. You know, “Madonna sounds like a silly old aunt/lady who just doesn’t understand how technology and big tech companies work”, or “another uneducated Karen goes on Facebook”, kind of thing. Awful. 

28 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

Madonna really does love these conspiracy theories. I thought she was smarter than this

What conspiracy theory about this, that's how social media works, they always collecting information about users, nothing new. If you have instagram, facebook, twitter you have to agree to this. Madonna just discover it :cute:

For me, every time she posts something is for trolling our world: we live in a surreal world, where everything can happen and everything can be true. Maybe she has fun posting about common conspiracy theories and then observing people's reactions. If we consider her quirky and dark sense of humor, it could be possible.

The only relevant changes on the new policies are that you cannot use your IG  name as your own domain without a written permission (that sucks for bloggers for example) and that they are becoming even more strict to nudity and what they considered adult content. They are removing post without a warning as it kind of used to be.

Everything else is pretty much the same since last update in October  and in the same lines since FB took over them.

2 minutes ago, emanon said:

Conspiracy theories? Dont think so...

I give an example. A company called me. They know I'm related to my sister, they have my contact but...we never had anything to do with them... 

5 hours ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Those are not "conspiracy theories" those are facts! Mark Zuckerberg is a rat ?

Yes instagram and google and Facebook collect data and sell it to people and blah blah blah.... 

yes Mark Zuckerberg is a rat. 

She's saying MORE here that is NOT currently happening. 

Government Surveillance through our T.V.s, and compliance with government mandates is not happening right now. 

If this was happening right now it would be on every single news station. 

Not breaking news from Madonna. 

It's a conspiracy theory. 

3 hours ago, Fighter said:

No idea what she's talking about...... I deleted Facebook and Instagram years ago anyway since they've allowed disinformation to run rampant for years and sell all your data. She could do the same if she's concerned? 

Yes she should but she won’t neither will any of the people sharing this information. There was one similar earlier this year that lots friends of mine shared, and yet nobody’s delete their accounts. I think people just repost stuff like this to make themselves look as if they’re really “aware” of “issues” and other such stuff. 

3 hours ago, Fighter said:

No idea what she's talking about...... I deleted Facebook and Instagram years ago anyway since they've allowed disinformation to run rampant for years and sell all your data. She could do the same if she's concerned? 

I also deleted Facebook a few years back & have never jumped on the any other social media bandwagon like Instagram or Snapchat or PInterest or any others that I can't think of right now. I always had a bad feeling about social media being a very bad & potentially intrusive thing & it only got worse in my few years of using it. I saw everyday people literally broadcasting their lives full of info, details & basically pictures of their daily existences. It was just too much for me. The final straw was when a close friend of mine passed away some in her family learned of it thru Facebook before anyone had a chance to contact them personally to let them know & that literally broke my heart. So that day I deactivated my account & never looked back. 

Luckily I am from a time before all of that existed so I can easily remember what life was like before social media & the living on & thru the Internet crazes took over & I much prefer that. Things are just so much more real & simpler, period. I wouldn't be surprised if it were possible for certain corporations or companies to gain access to people's personal info on their PC's or laptops or even TV's what have you or even hack into cameras on said devices - that's why I don't even give them a chance to. This world is crazy & technology has come a long way as to what is possible & I have just seen enough to know that these claims aren't that baseless in all reality - people just don't usually give it a second thought because they are too busy living their lives minute by minute & documenting it for the world to see on the app, blog or website of their choice.

I can see where people can look at M ranting about something like this as a crazy old lady who doesn't know what she's talking about & I think she should be a little less outspoken about such things as it doesn't really do her reputation any good - but this is Madonna we are talking about LOL she doesn't give a fuck. So people should just let her say what she's gonna say & either pay it attention or don't. Simple. Once you start judging that's where the problems arise. But I agree with @Fighterhere just delete your account if you're really that worried about it! People who perpetuate conspiracy theories tend to start to sound crazy no matter what it's just a natural thing that happens I think. But my whole point is - I don't miss Facebook, Instagram or any of that stuff one bit & honestly think my life is much more interesting without it. I'm not saying it's all bad because for some people they aren't bothered by such things & actually want to document & or broadcast their lives on their social medias. Not me tho & sounds like maybe M should take a break from it too? Rant over LOL

I mean the main problem with social media, aside from the disinformation, is how addictive it is. They literally use every psychological trick in the book to make it as addictive as possible, to generate a constant release of dopamine and keep us engaged in clicking, posting, liking all day long. So I don't really wanna judge people who constantly post but you do feel much healthier once you are out of social media. 

// well I guess this forum is a type of social media and it does have its liking system, but.. it's not as bad as apps and sites where people literally put their whole lives into... :cryin:

Now... if she said "Do not buy one of these Facebook Portal gadgets because they will gather your info through video and audio." then yeah, I agree with her. I wouldn't touch one of these with a 10 foot pole. I also wouldn't be surprised that the U.S. government IS working with Facebook to some degree to collect info on private citizens. It wasn't that long ago they were outed for mass surveillance of telephone data after the 9/11 attacks. Edward Snowden is STILL living in Russia, not able to come back to the U.S. for leaking this info. 

I'm a little upset that Leslie Jones and Rebel Wilson are promoting this crap. 

The-numbers-you-call-and-apps-you-use-on