Madonna Songs You Hated Then Loved!

Voguerista

7 hours ago, Renato Iodice said:

If you're able to appreciate bland songs such as Amazing and Runaway Lover (the worst tracks on Music), you should do the same with I Deserve It, WIFLFAG, and Impressive Instant, which are one billion times better :angel:

Nope :kissy:

who's that girl.

I didn't hate it but I didn't love it.

When it came out I just couldn't digging into it. I didn't love that song and music video.  I have been stuck with that song just because it is Madonna's song. But then when she did sing that song at Rebel heart tour, I did realized that why so many people loved it. I still don't love original version but rebel heart tour version makes my eyes teary.

Who's that girl.....who's that girl..... so sentimental..

• I'm Going Bananas - I really hated this song at first and thought it was dumb, but after I saw this at The Girlie Show it really grew on me!
  • Sorry - I heard this is in a bookstore the other day and I thought to myself "Wow! Maybe I was wrong about this track!"
  • Crazy For You - I didn't really get into this until I saw M perform it during Re-Invention Tour.
  • Love Makes the World Go 'Round - Wasn't real fond of this at first, but I love the lyric "You know, that we're all so quick to look away, 'cause it's the easy thing to do" and after that, I was sold on it!
  • Bad Girl - When I first listened to this track for the first few years, I couldn't understand what the hype was all about among the fans; I thought it was dull and boring. But, listening to it these days, I understand now: It's a great ballad about a broken woman. Very haunting and subtle at the same time.
  • Bye Bye Baby - Quickly became a favorite after seeing it performed at The Girlie Show. Just thought it was average when I first heard it.
  • Survival - This grew on me (it should be M's motto!). I used to be unimpressed with the whole BS era.
  • Where's the Party - Loved this after I saw it at BA.
  • Angel
  • Over and Over
  • Can't Stop

Upon first hearing Ray of Light I truly disliked it. I thought her vocals were awful and didn't fit the music at all. It was like hearing the nasel voiced Kylie Minogue over James Dean Bradfield's production on her 1997 album.

But then I heard it played at one of the indie and alternative clubs I used to go to. And I loved it. In a setting like that, I felt the energy and atmosphere of the song.

I'm starting to warm up to Take a Bow. When BS came out I had it in tape, so for me the last song was Bedtime Stories.

I wasn't keen on the whole album until few years ago.

Same with Hard Candy  and Rebel Heart, I find more songs that don't bother me every time I have a listen.

Apart form 4 Minutes.That songs annoys me big time.

Really cannot say 'hated'... but these definitely grew on me a lot - Dark Ballet, Cherish, Body Shop, Runaway Lover.

There's only one M song that I hate and that's 'Some Girls'. I hope I never hear it again. :hearno:

One More Chance is my pick I never really cared for it until recently mainly cause I thought it was kind of lame but it's actually a really pretty song and I think she sounds really great on it. Another song is Holy Water I thought it was too raunchy back when I first heard it but now I live for songs like that.

Words, i hate this song during many years until i listen the last year the demo version. Changed littelary my view of this song and i appreciate the sincerity of this song about the communication with a manipulator person, particulary in the bridges and the end of the song. The demo version was spectacular and incredible, more to the final version.

Where's Life Begins and Secret Garden: The two tracks was so sexual and the talking, i appreciate more Where's Life Begins after to ear the instrumental version, this version have a another vision of the song. Secret Garden was a song when i appreciate after to ear the lyrics of the songs. This haunting, dark and mysterious ambiance help to have a very strange mix of House and jazz and and the horn add a more dark feeling in the song about the lyrics, very sexual.

Erotica was not one of my favorites albums of her and not a huge fan of the album