Candy Shop appreciation post

Clark_Kent

1 hour ago, cybertotor said:

I don't like the album version because I'm not into urban music. But I always liked the live versions and my favorite is probably the MDNA Tour version.

I agree, I don't care for the album but the live versions of the Hard Candy songs are better than some of the album versions, specifically Candy Shop and She's Not Me. Also the Erotic Candy Shop is amazing!

When Beat Goes On exists I never understand the fascination with this song. It’s hella basic. Beat Goes in had a chance of being a genuine hit especially with the Kanye and Pharell feature at the time. 
make it make sense. Even when the Backdrop video had been filmed for the tour.

Warners were high on ket at that time. 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

When Beat Goes On exists I never understand the fascination with this song. It’s hella basic. Beat Goes in had a chance of being a genuine hit especially with the Kanye and Pharell feature at the time. 
make it make sense. Even when the Backdrop video had been filmed for the tour.

Warners were high on ket at that time. 

Probably they didn't want to spend more money on her and videos... after all she signed with Live Nation, wich was huge news everywhere. 

This is one of my Mom's favorite M tracks of all time (along with "Jump"). Gets her life every time its performed on tour. Her M taste floors me. She found her annoying until "Like A Prayer" lol...

Since we're on the topic.... I have always thought that Hard Candy would have been the perfect follow up to Music. The sound would have been right on time. America would have eaten that album up at the time. And would have worked flawlessly with the Britney/Gap moments. I like it. Its a great pop album. And I wouldn't trade American Life for anything. Don't get me wrong?

17 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

. I have always thought that Hard Candy would have been the perfect follow up to Music. The sound would have been right on time. America would have eaten that album up at the time. And would have worked flawlessly with the Britney/Gap moments. I like it. Its a great pop album. And I wouldn't trade American Life for anything. Don't get me wrong?

Yeah I think it would have been received much better by fans and the general public if it did not follow the brilliance of the Confessions era and had been released earlier maybe around 2002/2003 when Kelis released her Kaleaidescope album produced by Pharell/The Neptunes.  Think Hard Candy is a great solid pop album, better than any of the albums that followed and the unreleased tracks from the sessions like Across The Sky are great too

Oh my goodness. I would have loved for her and Kelis to collaborate then AND during the Fleshtone era. 

Surprising "Candy Shop" wasn't at least remixed and sent to clubs. I think people appreciate it more with different production (they usually appreciate the tour versions more for that reason it seems). Peter would have done a great mix, no doubt. I wonder what Stuart could have come up with. I find his "Miles Away" mix so underrated. 

I think I listened to "Across The Sky" and "Latte" more than anything on the album. Classic Madonna. Imagine a live performance of "Across The Sky" that transitions into a mashup with the "Look of Love". DEATH.

Also I agree with other posters, "Beat Goes On" was such an obvious single choice. Was shocked it wasn't released.

8 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

Yeah I think it would have been received much better by fans and the general public if it did not follow the brilliance of the Confessions era and had been released earlier maybe around 2002/2003 when Kelis released her Kaleaidescope album produced by Pharell/The Neptunes.  Think Hard Candy is a great solid pop album, better than any of the albums that followed and the unreleased tracks from the sessions like Across The Sky are great too

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I think the song is very simple for an album opener but it's enjoyable. It's a complete waste on tours though in my opinion.