Madame X Production

RUADJAI

You guys ever realize how there's basically no instrumentation on Medellin? There's like a flute in one part and a guitar in another and a pad in another and that's basically it. They're also so quiet compared to everything else. The song is basically Bass, Drums, and Loud Vocals. I can guarantee you Mirwais didn't produce it like this.  

Release Dem stems...

4 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

You guys ever realize how there's basically no instrumentation on Medellin? There's like a flute in one part and a guitar in another and a pad in another and that's basically it. They're also so quiet compared to everything else. The song is basically Bass, Drums, and Loud Vocals. I can guarantee you Mirwais didn't produce it like this.  

Release Dem stems...

I really like the parts where is almost just hear vocals, i wish there is solo version of the song ?

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Release Dem stems...

Do you think Madonna did the final mixing for the song herself?

I would looove to get my hands on Madame X demos. 

Medellin is my favorite track, and i really think that there must be an alternative version/demo.

Chorus Maluma: „si te enamoro...“ maybe its just me, but for me those vocals on the ending of „enamoro“ are loopy and edited like in an easy copy and paste way to make the note longer and with autotune higher (enamoro-o-o-o). It doesnt sound smooth to me. And its def. not a difficult note to hold ans sing so i cant see why they had to edit it to sound fake. That post-recording session edit only makes sense to me, if they changed their minds on what the sound of the chorus should be like. 

10 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I thought he was only on God Control?

He's listed on most tracks as a producer... BUT... after digging around I saw on Madonna.com he's listed as Executive Producer on almost all tracks. Which would explain him being in all her instagram videos throughout 2019.  So im assuming he took the tracks and put a Hip Hop-ness on top of what was already made. Also probably to make the album sound cohesive... Since that is something Rebel Heart suffered from. 

2 hours ago, WopaelWopael said:

Chorus Maluma: „si te enamoro...“ maybe its just me, but for me those vocals on the ending of „enamoro“ are loopy and edited like in an easy copy and paste way to make the note longer and with autotune higher (enamoro-o-o-o). It doesnt sound smooth to me. And its def. not a difficult note to hold ans sing so i cant see why they had to edit it to sound fake. That post-recording session edit only makes sense to me, if they changed their minds on what the sound of the chorus should be like. 

I have to listen again... But maybe Maluma already sang it and they couldn't fly him out to change it after they changed their mind or something. 

7 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

He's listed on most tracks as a producer... BUT... after digging around I saw on Madonna.com he's listed as Executive Producer on almost all tracks. Which would explain him being in all her instagram videos throughout 2019.  So im assuming he took the tracks and put a Hip Hop-ness on top of what was already made. Also probably to make the album sound cohesive... Since that is something Rebel Heart suffered from. 

I could totally see that being the case! Makes perfect sense. She’s wanted Kanye to executive produce Rebel Heart, so she got Mike Dean as she could put him on payroll and guarantee the work would get done instead of KW running off to build an arc for his church compound.

It's a poorly produced album and that song is one of the worst things in her discography. The sheer lack of creativity in an effort to pander to the fickle nature of gaining a chart hit... Ironically, many of the other songs on the album veer off in the opposite direction but still sound equally trash and utterly forgettable.

I think it actually sounds very much like Mirwais produced the whole thing, the drums are a bit slick but they were contributed by billboard so that makes sense, but the bass chords, the little guitar loop and eerie synth line are all very much like Mirwais, very Nobody's Perfect. As for Mike Dean, I am actually very happy with his contribution on Madame X, it's the best engineered and mastered album she's released since confessions, everything after that was compressed to death and there was no real dynamic in the sound anymore. My only complaint with MX is maybe that her voice is sometimes too loud in the mix which pulls too much focus away from the instrumentation (Crazy has amazing instrumentation that isn't as present as it could be imho)

Idk about you guys but I def think Madame X is an average album with a rich background which makes it stand out as a whole. The mix of Luso-African music with vocoder makes it exquisitely interesting, weird and appealing all at the same time... The reviews were already kind of good but if I may I'd bet it would stand the test of time... let's wait and see 

5 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I think it actually sounds very much like Mirwais produced the whole thing, the drums are a bit slick but they were contributed by billboard so that makes sense, but the bass chords, the little guitar loop and eerie synth line are all very much like Mirwais, very Nobody's Perfect. As for Mike Dean, I am actually very happy with his contribution on Madame X, it's the best engineered and mastered album she's released since confessions, everything after that was compressed to death and there was no real dynamic in the sound anymore. My only complaint with MX is maybe that her voice is sometimes too loud in the mix which pulls too much focus away from the instrumentation (Crazy has amazing instrumentation that isn't as present as it could be imho)

Totally. I’m not even sure Rebel Heart got mastered. I agree with everything you said. I think the album sounds great, but vocals could stand to move back and let the instrumentation shine. 

maybe the Madame X Tour will sound a bit more balanced. 

I never really enjoyed Medellin. It could have been more impactful indeed. Only the lyrics, the English ones, are worthy in my opinion. Maybe they really aimed for a chill minimalistic vibe for this song. Music has been rotating around minimal beats for at least six years now and it's becoming hell boring by the year. I too believe Mirwais must have had a more lively version in mind at some point.

A member from here did something amazing a few months ago, he sort of isolated instrumentals sound elements from several songs from Madame X (Medellin, God Control etc...) and he also isolated like "hidden" sounds elements that got sort of "lost" in the mixing. You cannot imagine the wasted potential of the tracks, incredibles basslines, synths etc... i wish someone could dig that thread in the music download section and post it. Since that day i almost don't enjoy the album anymore cause i heard what it could have sounded like, so much better and more catchy. I wiqh the guy would do the whole songs and post it, so we can make proper new versions.

Very important : if someone find it and post it please listen to it with headphones !!!

50 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

A member from here did something amazing a few months ago, he sort of isolated instrumentals sound elements from several songs from Madame X (Medellin, God Control etc...) and he also isolated like "hidden" sounds elements that got sort of "lost" in the mixing. You cannot imagine the wasted potential of the tracks, incredibles basslines, synths etc... i wish someone could dig that thread in the music download section and post it. Since that day i almost don't enjoy the album anymore cause i heard what it could have sounded like, so much better and more catchy. I wiqh the guy would do the whole songs and post it, so we can make proper new versions.

I think you meant this thread:

@xrhaulIs there a chance that you share the full tracks?

On 1/1/2021 at 11:18 PM, PatrickSamuel said:

It's a poorly produced album and that song is one of the worst things in her discography. The sheer lack of creativity in an effort to pander to the fickle nature of gaining a chart hit... Ironically, many of the other songs on the album veer off in the opposite direction but still sound equally trash and utterly forgettable.

Get a physical cause something is wrong with you.