Madame X Production

RUADJAI

On 1/1/2021 at 9:30 PM, RUADJAI said:

You guys ever realize how there's basically no instrumentation on Medellin? There's like a flute in one part and a guitar in another and a pad in another and that's basically it. They're also so quiet compared to everything else. The song is basically Bass, Drums, and Loud Vocals. I can guarantee you Mirwais didn't produce it like this.  

What's wrong with sparse production?

10 hours ago, kesiak said:

What's wrong with sparse production?

No one said that. I started a conversation because I noticed something. 

4 hours ago, WopaelWopael said:

I also wonder why she thought it was necessary to autotune the shit out of her live vocals when shes just talking the lines.

“i took a pill and had a dream“ 

It makes her sound very shaky I think.

I thought it was the point. If she sounded young then why would she dream of being 17. 

(oh wait you said LIVE vocals... idk. I just rewatched the Billboard Awards performance and there was literally NO live vocals. ?)

6 hours ago, Dito said:

I don't actually have anything relevant to add to this thread, but I just love how Medellín divides fans. :lol:

I hated it on the first listen, then I loved it. I still love it, but at the same time I hate it. I don't know how to explain it.

Literally me? upon first listen, i was a bit underwhelmed, but now i love it... it’s a smooth song

Loads of interesting comments kind of agree with all of them.

Yeah I would guess too that Mike Dean worked on mixing of all the tracks, it is her best engineered album since Confessions and some really great production the baselines are so strong and which I guess is a sign Mike Dean had his hand on much of it and was really noticeable on the live show as the Madame X tracks literally made the room vibrate through their baselines. It's so much better than Rebel Heart production wise you can tell alot more care and attention to detail has been put into the mixing but am also a bit ored with the songs centred around beats and baselines leaning it towards a more hip hop type sound but is much more sophisticated production and better recorded and mixed than Rebel Heart and agree the vocoder effect I know she said she likes to sound robotic on purpose but it does make her vocals sound shaky and too shrill in parts.   I don't think she has sounded as lush and wam sounding vocally since the work she recorded for the Music sessions with William Orbit  - perhaps the recoding and mixing techniques used were different plus the style of music was different.  Am not sure we need another album with the Mike Dean sound would be interesting how Madame X would have sounded if Mirwais has been the executive producer and how he envisaged the final version of the songs sounding

Madame X has distortion and clicking sounds in many songs, especially Crave and Dark Ballet. How that could happen is beyond my comprehension, but after Rebel Heart I was not surprised, which sounded like it was made for making everyone's sound system explode. Both albums sound like they were mixed and mastered by people with ear and hearing problems so they turned the volume up unnecessarily while being unable to notice smaller errors. I have stated my opinion before and got the comments to check my ears, my earpods or speakers are shit, or I have a wrong copy, but there's nothing wrong with any of those. Positive side is that Madame X mastering was a great step from the monstrosity of Distorted Heart.

On 1/1/2021 at 4:30 PM, RUADJAI said:

You guys ever realize how there's basically no instrumentation on Medellin? There's like a flute in one part and a guitar in another and a pad in another and that's basically it. They're also so quiet compared to everything else. The song is basically Bass, Drums, and Loud Vocals. I can guarantee you Mirwais didn't produce it like this.  

Release Dem stems...

As much as I adore both albums, the production in Rebel Heart and Madame X are some of her worst. I can’t exactly point out a specific thing, but most vocals and instruments sound muffled, artificial and feel like they’ve been done on primitive home hardware, and not something out of a big production studio.