Madonna now have 39 entries on billboard top10 charts!

milingo83

3 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

So question, why doesn't it appear as a Madonna hit on other charts the DaBaby remix appeared on? Like Mainstream 40 for example. Also the remix actually featuring her doesn't appear as a Bubbling Under 100 hit for some reason, even when it's reached the 10th place there at some point.

I am very skeptical of it, but Mainstream 40 uses the one with the most radio airplay to my knowledge.. as for the Bubbling Under, maybe it disappeared bc technically it peaked at #10 on the Billboard Hot 100 (as of rn)

3 minutes ago, trevorhog said:

I am very skeptical of it, but Mainstream 40 uses the one with the most radio airplay to my knowledge.. as for the Bubbling Under, maybe it disappeared bc technically it peaked at #10 on the Billboard Hot 100 (as of rn)

However on the Bubbling Under are other songs that also went to hot 100, like Sorry or Die another day. I'm suspecting it's from when those songs fell off the main chart or during their first week when they hadn't cracked the hot 100 yet. Anyway I hope it's correct. It's time Madonna cheated a bit on that stupid chart somehow, like the Drakes and Nickies and Rihannas have been doing for more than a decade now.

Wait what? How does it make sense for the updated remix with Da Baby to count towards Madonna's Top 10 tally? Billboard has some sketchy rules, but it makes no sense for the Madonna and Missy remix to benefit from streams/sales/radio airplay of Da Baby's version.

Are we sure this isn't just an error like the Nicki Minaj with 5 #1 hits error from last year?

That's because Billboard counts remixes, as long as they meet certain parameters, as a single entity with the original song. "It's case by case," says Billboard senior director of charts Gary Trust, who stressed he was speaking broadly about the decision process.

It surged to No. 1 on the Hot 100 and, fatefully, country rulebreaker Billy Ray Cyrus agreed to hop on an official remix. Alongside a winning social media presence, Lil Nas X has kept "Old Town Road" in conversation by repeating this trick: A remix by the producer Diplo dropped in late April, and last week came a version featuring Young Thug and the viral adolescent yodeler Mason Ramsey.

That's four official versions of "Old Town Road," each of which has been listened to millions of times. But on the Hot 100, you'll only find the song's name once. That's because Billboard counts remixes, as long as they meet certain parameters, as a single entity with the original song.

BA.gif

52 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

That's because Billboard counts remixes, as long as they meet certain parameters, as a single entity with the original song. "It's case by case," says Billboard senior director of charts Gary Trust, who stressed he was speaking broadly about the decision process.

It surged to No. 1 on the Hot 100 and, fatefully, country rulebreaker Billy Ray Cyrus agreed to hop on an official remix. Alongside a winning social media presence, Lil Nas X has kept "Old Town Road" in conversation by repeating this trick: A remix by the producer Diplo dropped in late April, and last week came a version featuring Young Thug and the viral adolescent yodeler Mason Ramsey.

That's four official versions of "Old Town Road," each of which has been listened to millions of times. But on the Hot 100, you'll only find the song's name once. That's because Billboard counts remixes, as long as they meet certain parameters, as a single entity with the original song.

BA.gif

This is about Lil Nas and not Dua Lipa, and i don't see how it deals with Levitating. The Blessed Madonna remix was NEVER released to radio in the US. The DaBaby version was released to maintstream radio, and thats the version thats charting. 

If Billboard made some kind of change to their rules, then why isn't Lil Kim credited for Gimme More? Or Azaelia Banks for Work Bitch? Gwen Stefani on Physical? I mean the list goes on and on....

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

This is about Lil Nas and not Dua Lipa, and i don't see how it deals with Levitating. Old Town Road charted at #1, the remix, which was counted separately, also charted at #1. If a remix single is deemed too different from the original, then it is registered as a separate entry. This is a rule Billboard put into affect after Jlo and Mariah would re-release their singles in the early 2000's with rappers to attract more sales and airplay. (example JLO's I'm Real)

Mind you, The Blessed Madonna remix was NEVER released to radio in the US. The DaBaby version was released to maintstream radio, and thats the version thats charting.

"It's case by case,". 

On a more serious note: I really wish Madonna more top10 hits. But if the new one must come from a song not sung by her, I don't want that. The fact that the Dua Lipa team chose to promote the Levitating version without M is very sad and shows how things have changed in terms of charts. Ok, the remix is bad, but they could have added her voice to the album version. It's just that Madonna's presence doesn't make a song successful anymore. The remix was very much played on Italian radios though.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

On a more serious note: I really wish Madonna more top10 hits. But if the new one must come from a song not sung by her, I don't want that. The fact that the Dua Lipa team chose to promote the Levitating version without M is very sad and shows how things have changed in terms of charts. Ok, the remix is bad, but they could have added her voice to the album version. It's just that Madonna's presence doesn't make a song successful anymore. The remix was very much played on Italian radios though.

Madonna couldn't appear on the video (on top that most people didn't like the remix) there was no chance she would do something to a new version with the album instrumental either... 

I wish she will do more featurings but not half cooked things again. This time they used her on a boring remix and she didn't even appear on the video, Champagne Rose received no promotion or video treatment at all, Soltera pretty much the same. Why can't she just go all the way when she does things like that? It's a shame because she was so close to getting to the Hot 100 this time. And her appearance on the video would definitely have achieved that. M has no excuse this time.