Cringey Madonna Moments

louis.exe

2 hours ago, captainjay said:

The next cringey moment for me was when she was telling the audience at the Bedtime Story Pajama Party to shut up so she could read them the storybook she brought. Why would a group club full of young people want to sit quietly while this old lady read them a story book? It's those little disconnects.. made the whole thing lame. 

I find that moment rude yet funny at the same time.

Madonna trying to read the story

Random lady: "You go girl!"

Madonna: "I will go if you don't shut up."

Just the way she casually says that. Also the event was full of contest winners and invite only people so that's why they had to sit there and listen to the story. But still, Madonna invited a bunch of die-hard fans to a club, had them dancing around and got them all hyped up and then expected them to just go from 100 to 0 when its time for the story?

Edited by Husam Elzien (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, Artur1bt said:

The Express Yourself / Born This Way / She's Not Me Mashup from the MDNA Tour and the shade to Lady Gaga.

Shade or not I LOVE LOVE LOVED it. I don't like the shady reasoning behind it, but because I love M and Gaga equally, and mashed up two fabulous songs, it gave me life. The meaning behind it is cringeworthy lol but that stupid gay fan in me is screaming out of joy because it happened hahaha.

Drake 'performance' at Cochella, Bum implants, 2019 Graham Norton interview, Like A Prayer performance at Eurovision, MDNA Skin Care commercials, Bday song, many of the official remixes from recent albums

Her best work which to be fair is almost all of it is fantastic and love it but these points I can't help but cringe at

4 hours ago, fiercemighty said:

The grillz absolutely, but most cringey when she tried to slyly put them on during her bit for SNL's 40th anniversary special, and then afterwards couldn't speak properly. I really don't get her obsession with the grillz. 

When did she do a bit for SNL'S 40TH ANNIVERSARY?

18 hours ago, ScottyX said:

Only thing i've ever found weird is her need to drag God into sexual music. Some like it. Some don't. I don't. My opinion is valid.

Well, let's be honest here: she has roman catholic roots and that branch of Christianity is sexual af.

I should know, I'm Southern-European too and everytime I enter a church or see a catholic event it's: 1) naked hairy daddy blond blue-eyed hunk Jesus everywhere, 2) putting his "flesh" in your mouth, 3) wine-time becomes "drinking his holy bodifly fluids", 4) the immaculate collection conception being basically a virginity cult, and last but not least - 5) sex is extremely stigmatized and used as a means to appease God. So, sex and God are intertwined. Also, priest robes to hide the body because, you know, sexual feelings.

No disrespect if you're Catholic, tho. I do like seeing hunk Jesus.

• Anything to do with the S&S Tour (just a post-menopausal woman trying to act young).
  • That time at The Grammys (I think it was The Grammys) where she showed Gaga her butt in the thong (totally classless).
  • The lyric: "Jesus loves my pussy best."
  • Her insane workout routines.
  • Anytime she acts entitled to things (which is quite a bit of the time).
  • Her artsy-fartsy ways.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
38 minutes ago, OhBabyReadyOrNot said:
  • The lyric: "Jesus loves my pussy best."

I thought she was saying “Yeezus loves my pussy best”.

:wide-eyes:

14 hours ago, NowRadiate said:

Throwing stuff onto the stage is one of the most dangerous things for performers. So I totally get her reaction. 

Oh please. I knew there will be someone who's going to defend that kind of attitude. It is not nice to say it THAT way. Could've just walked away.

8 hours ago, Mp1992 said:

When did she do a bit for SNL'S 40TH ANNIVERSARY?

Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon revived the Barry Gibb talk show skit for the anniversary, and Madonna came on as another Gibb sibling. In the middle of the sketch she hastily and awkwardly slips on her grillz, and watching it I was just so embarrassed for her. 

4 hours ago, Dito said:

Well, let's be honest here: she has roman catholic roots and that branch of Christianity is sexual af.

I should know, I'm Southern-European too and everytime I enter a church or see a catholic event it's: 1) naked hairy daddy blond blue-eyed hunk Jesus everywhere, 2) putting his "flesh" in your mouth, 3) wine-time becomes "drinking his holy bodifly fluids", 4) the immaculate collection conception being basically a virginity cult, and last but not least - 5) sex is extremely stigmatized and used as a means to appease God. So, sex and God are intertwined. Also, priest robes to hide the body because, you know, sexual feelings.

No disrespect if you're Catholic, tho. I do like seeing hunk Jesus.

Not Catholic. Other end of the Christian spectrum.  Probably it is my faith and love for Jesus Christ that makes me cringe at that Madonna aspect.  I won't preach though.

16 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Not Catholic. Other end of the Christian spectrum.  Probably it is my faith and love for Jesus Christ that makes me cringe at that Madonna aspect.  I won't preach though.

I get what you mean tho, I have buddhist tendencies and I absolutely loathe how the Buddha figure is often reduced in Western society to a "new-age, weed-legalizing, yoga mat" symbol (it even goes against the principles of Buddhism... lol)

I love her to death, but...

When she talks politics..  She's always painfully uninformed (I guess the not reading newspapers, magazines and watching the news is doing well for her)

Madame X..the whole project. (and tour)  with an emphasis on that gatefold.

Her Instagram / social media posts

2018 VMAS

2014 Grammy Awards

Hey You

Any interview from 2006 onwards 

1998 MTV VMA Performance

1998 POG performances "Do you wanna go higherrrrrrr" [hard r]

Coachella Performance with Drake 

IGTTYAS