Cringey Madonna Moments

louis.exe

On 1/6/2021 at 7:32 PM, MCL_1993 said:

The #grillz

I couldn't believe when she got them she was wearing them to seriously try to distract from the fact that she got her face botoxed beyond recognition. It was a pathetic stunt. And I have hated each and every instance she opened her mouth trying to speak, let alone sing, wearing them.

And don't get me started on her additction to surgery. I was okay with her trying to stay young and relevant way past 2008. I even tryed to justify her boob job before the MDNA era because 'she always got surgery before a new tour since 2004' is what I explained to people criticizing. But now in her early 60s, it's really unfortunate and unsettling.

How many times she had surgery...?

On 1/6/2021 at 7:32 PM, MCL_1993 said:

I even tryed to justify her boob job before the MDNA era because 'she always got surgery before a new tour since 2004' is what I explained to people criticizing. But now in her early 60s, it's really unfortunate and unsettling.

So nice of you to justify her surgeries.

valentines day snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I love her, but I thought the W promo interviews were the most cringey.  The movie wasnt good and she was talking about it like it was a "masterpiece" . Her interviews with Graham Norton too. She does not do comedy in interviews well.  And her tribute speeches "yikes". 

Oh and any photo with the new boyfriend. Im sorry that is probably the cringiest.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
19 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

When she was promoting ROL and asked by Oprah and Larry King what the best part about being famous was, her response was "free clothes"?

I would have said the same thing.

:Madonna052:

On 1/25/2021 at 6:36 AM, Dito said:

Oh man, the wires... just, why? What was the symbolism here, bondage? In her face?

And who remembers the promo for this on f*cking GRINDR of all places. Fans were supposed to take a picture with wires on their face and put them as their profile pic on the app. I really can't imagine Madonna's team (or herself) scrolling through an app full of naked torsos searching for someone with wires on their face like...

Capturar.png

Mind you I was one of the winners of that contest which prize was "to chat with Madonna", which of course never happened.

PS: Cringey moments:

- #RevolutionOfLove
- Calling Gaga "reductive" which in turn made Gaga more popular

8 hours ago, madaboutM said:

Mind you I was one of the winners of that contest which prize was "to chat with Madonna", which of course never happened.

PS: Cringey moments:

- #RevolutionOfLove
- Calling Gaga "reductive" which in turn made Gaga more popular

More popular? Her debacle started after that. Artpop and Juanita and also Chromatica weren't so well recieved like the previous material, and she was under the radar to see 'what is her next copy'. Only Shallow and that horrible movie (really good marketed tbh) saved her career. 

2 hours ago, brank000 said:

That's not cool at all. I'm sorry to hear it.   She can really be a douche sometimes.

8 hours ago, Dito said:

It never happened?? Omg. Did they never contact you in the first place, or...?

They did contact me and I sent them a copy of my driver's license and release form. I kept asking them for updates after weeks passed and then nothing.

grindr.png

grindr2.png

8 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

More popular? Her debacle started after that. Artpop and Juanita and also Chromatica weren't so well recieved like the previous material, and she was under the radar to see 'what is her next copy'. Only Shallow and that horrible movie (really good marketed tbh) saved her career. 

I should've said it helped solidify her career. She might have less hits now but she's a household name with opportunities in every media outlet. Had Madonna just ignored the whole BTW issue it wouldn't have given Gaga one of her best personas yet: the victim; the underdog being tortured by the evil stepmother that her and her little critters have exploited to death.

1 hour ago, madaboutM said:

I should've said it helped solidify her career. She might have less hits now but she's a household name with opportunities in every media outlet. Had Madonna just ignored the whole BTW issue it wouldn't have given Gaga one of her best personas yet: the victim; the underdog being tortured by the evil stepmother that her and her little critters have exploited to death.

Why that hate on Gaga? She is a very talented Lady that was a breath of fresh air from 2008 to 2011. She deserved all her hits. After that, what's keeping her alive also has to do with her being graceful, huge gay icon and powerful vocalist. Also very versatile. I don't think Madonna has had anything to do with Gaga's trajectory. If anything, as a teenager in 2012 Madonna's name was often mentioned in school just because she was compared to her. I understand what you say partly but I'd rather see Gaga, a talented woman who likes to experiment, having her chances rather than any random teenager with a huge Tik Tok army behind them doing the same boring miserable thing. She earned what she has now by herself. M has been playing victim for a while now too, being the icon attacked by misogyny, ageism etc.

47 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

Why that hate on Gaga? She is a very talented Lady that was a breath of fresh air from 2008 to 2011. She deserved all her hits. After that, what's keeping her alive also has to do with her being graceful, huge gay icon and powerful vocalist. Also very versatile. I don't think Madonna has had anything to do with Gaga's trajectory. If anything, as a teenager in 2012 Madonna's name was often mentioned in school just because she was compared to her. I understand what you say partly but I'd rather see Gaga, a talented woman who likes to experiment, having her chances rather than any random teenager with a huge Tik Tok army behind them doing the same boring miserable thing. She earned what she has now by herself. M has been playing victim for a while now too, being the icon attacked by misogyny, ageism etc.

I never said Gaga wasn't talented. I said she's been manipulative (like many other artists, Madonna included) and that her fanbase is horrible. That time Billie Eilish made a random comment about Gaga and the little critters went on to Twitter to claim that the 17-year was in an incestuos relationship with her brother told me everything I need to know about them: they are one of the vilest fanbases around.  

But I digress, yeah: Madonna has had plenty of cringey moments over the years but at least she's never led a movement of harassing trolls while professing kindness.