Cringey Madonna Moments

louis.exe

As amazing as she is we all can agree that she's had some super cringey moments like

• The weird faux British accent she had
  • Every time she acts like a rude bitchy diva
  • Every time she posts something weird on social media

There the ones I can think of from the top of my head I'm not trying to be a hater I think she's a wonderful artist and a pure genius

Cringey moments.... hmmmm...

That covid rose petals bathtub moment

Her poor excuses for the frequent lateness and cancellations on the M-X tour

The fake UK accent back when she was married to Guy

Swept Away

Eurovision

Her Instagram as a whole

Her Michael Jackson 'tribute' that was pretty much just about her (as well as the Aretha speech... which was also about her)

The Berber outfit at the MTV VMAS in 2018

Me Against The Music

All the recent weed moments. She's always been very anti-drugs, it's known. And she's not a 20 year-old stoner, she never had that kind of attitude or action, even. It's really cringey watching Insta boomerangs of her fake-smoking pot like while using a Rick & Morty t-shirt. It's so out of character.

Sadly, Madonna's career during the last 5/6 years has been plagued with so maney cringey moments; in fact, I'm always on edge now whenever she actually announces an appearance somewhere... my first though is usually "OMG how is she going to fuck it up this time?" Yup, it's come to that. I'm all for the freedom-champion performance artist narrative she likes to pull, but often it has nothing to do with that and a lot with lack of judgement and wisdom... like, how on Earth did she ever think that kissing Drake on stage would be a good thing to do? Or even delivering a "serious" message about the pandemic while in her bathttub & surrounded by rose petals (Even if her intentions were good, and I do think she was misinterpreted)? We live in a world where optics matter more now than ever before. Soundbites, thanks to social media, are all almigthy, and have the power to trigger anger, violence, happiness and sadness in equal measure. As independent, confident and wise as we know she could/has been... honestly, she could've done better these last few years. 

I agree with some fellow posters here about the many awful cringey moments we've "endured" recenty. Notably:

- Drake
- The horrible Aretha speech... not only was it out of touch, but she was also unashamdely recycling bits of her own 2009 tribute speech for Michael Jackson. And was the audition bit even true? Oh, and nevermind the dress. #mess
- Eurovision is probably the worst ever for me. It was really heartbreaking. Pathetic, I know. But the disappointment was real for me. A mere "we experienced tech issues during my performance" post would've done wonders, but she pretended nothing happened and the whole MX era was doomed from there. She gave all her haters the material they needed to hate on her more ("the woman cannot sing, she's a has-been, she's a fake," etc)... I remember watching Good Morning Britain the next day and hearing the harsh/hateful comments, particularly from a man Jeetendr Sehdev who called her "the most inauthetic, dishonest and media-manipulator celebrity of all time". Ouch.
- Yes, the 2015 BRIT Awards... The social media reactions were beyond brutal.
- The GIF above did remind me that the Superbowl performance had that super weird moment with LMFAO — what a horrible choice. She probably thought they were the s*** and "edgy". Little did she know...
- Every time she pretended to like Taylor Swift's music LOL
- As much as I enjoyed her brattiness during the Graham Norton 2019 interview (I really did!), it's uncomfortbale to notice how her sense of humour really seems to go nowhere with most people... she just ends up scaring everyone around her. I do enjoy her sarcasm... unfortunately it's probably not TV/Entertainment industry material... happens to her in most of her TV appearances, and perhaps more and more as time goes by. 
- When she got all bitchy at concert goers in Santiago, Chile in 2012 while she was rehearsing because allegedly someone in the audience was smoking... Truthfully (if you watch the video on youtube), she got mad at them because they had laughed at her when the wind turned her umbrella over haha. So much for her claims to having a good sense of humour. Yea, only when she can be the bully in charge. She can be so rude to us.

Edited by madfan13_86 (see edit history)

The #grillz

I couldn't believe when she got them she was wearing them to seriously try to distract from the fact that she got her face botoxed beyond recognition. It was a pathetic stunt. And I have hated each and every instance she opened her mouth trying to speak, let alone sing, wearing them.

And don't get me started on her additction to surgery. I was okay with her trying to stay young and relevant way past 2008. I even tryed to justify her boob job before the MDNA era because 'she always got surgery before a new tour since 2004' is what I explained to people criticizing. But now in her early 60s, it's really unfortunate and unsettling.

The Grillz. Hey if she likes them, great. But when it hinders your ability to form words properly, even more so if you are a singer, then baby they ain’t for you. Madonna has proven over all of these years how intelligent, erudite she is when in conversation mode.

If she could wear them without it sounding like she has a mouthful of takeout, then that’s a bit different.

The "acting" between Causing A Commotion and Where's The Party at the Blond Ambition Tour, and the "acting" at the end of Holiday at the Girlie Show... both routines were extremely cringey.

Every time she visits Spanish-speaking countries and says things like "mi culo es caliente" and other non-sense that don't even relate to the content of the show she's presenting.

All those random Instagram posts with low quality pictures she found on the feed.

Speaking of Instagram, bad selfies like these

Madonna.jpg

Let's admit it, she can be hit or miss most of the time.

The time when she said she would give blow jobs if people voted for Hillary... what was that :eyes:

The most recent for me, when she finished Dark Ballet at the Madame X Tour and screamed DEATH TO THE PATRIARCHY! What was that??? It looked so staged and unnatural :suffer:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
12 minutes ago, chibs said:

I just randomly remembered this video

Not cringey but very rude actually

They’d already thrown it in the show earlier on so I get why she was mad there to be honest. But she is way too snappy at fans sometimes. 

The first one for me was when she was on Letterman in 94 and she was going to read her Top 10 and then wouldn't. She'd clearly prepared it and was ready to do it - and then backed-down, felt she wasn't in control of the situation. I'm not sure she knew if she was "cool" or just being crass and making an ass of herself. 

The next cringey moment for me was when she was telling the audience at the Bedtime Story Pajama Party to shut up so she could read them the storybook she brought. Why would a group club full of young people want to sit quietly while this old lady read them a story book? It's those little disconnects.. made the whole thing lame. 

I think Rosie once told Arsenio or someone that Madonna's parties always sucked because she'd want to play word games or some sort of game .. but she'd be serious and everyone else was like, "what?"..