2012 Super-Bowl Halftime Show / 1080p

RinoTheBouncer

Almost nine years now and I'm still wondering if she at least sung Open Your Heart and Like A Prayer live. She looks so gorgeous though and I don't think the theme of ancient Rome meets disco gets appreciated enough. It's just genius. If she is indeed preparing for a Superbowl comeback shouldn't she start packing soon? She'd need more than two weeks even to prepare for one song, being the perfectionist she is.

6 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

Almost nine years now and I'm still wondering if she at least sung Open Your Heart and Like A Prayer live. She looks so gorgeous though and I don't think the theme of ancient Rome meets disco gets appreciated enough. It's just genius. If she is indeed preparing for a Superbowl comeback shouldn't she start packing soon? She'd need more than two weeks even to prepare for one song, being the perfectionist she is.

Do you remember Eurovision. No way was that rehearsed more than 2-3 times :dead:

When I saw it that night, I was very let down by the lipsynch. Rewatching it today, I appreciate the magic of the performance: the incredible sets and themes, the lights and projections, the perfect setlist, the choreographies, the guests, the  glamourous look and makeup. 

30 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

Nothing is live. There is a studio version of the. Whole set that proofs that everything is prerecorded and later used as playback on stage.

32 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

I'm still wondering if she at least sung Open Your Heart and Like A Prayer live

I'm going to have to say definitely no. If you listen to the official RH tour studio version tracks, the beginning pf the song uses the SB vocals, while the second chorus uses the album vocals.

2 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

I mean, it's probably just gonna be her open mouth kissing The Weekend... so...

:Madonna003:

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I hope this isn’t a hint that the 2021 Super Bowl Halftime Show appearance is true.

:07:

If that’s true, it would be the best decision she’s ever made. We survived the mediocrity of everyone she collaborated with and not even on songs as good as their catalogues, let alone here, so perhaps if The Weeknd thing is real, it would at least be her first collaboration with one artist worth something and actually knows something about putting on a show, a music video and a hood song. 

2 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

Nothing was live at all at the Super Bowl  - they don't have time to sound check what they set up so would be a massive risk to try anything live

Prince pulled it off 100% live... and in the rain... and wasn't Gaga also live? Maybe others here know.

I absolutely love this performance. At 53 she was killing it! Even after a slip at the back of the bleachers, she recovered with such grace only to flow with command into cartwheels and midair splits...all this in impressively high-heeled boots. We don’t cherish her incredible stamina enough! She’s amazing. I understand why people might be disappointed by her not singing live, but I’ve personally reached a point with Madonna where I have heard her sing live enough to know what she is capable of, and sometimes not capable of. She is an Olympian performer, but she is not an Olympian vocalist. Under the right circumstances, Madonna can sing quite magnificently. When there isn’t a lot of rehearsal, or when it’s a one-off performance, Madonna seems to get quite nervous. While she pulled off her two Oscar performances with mastery, she was clearly nervous as fuck! She’s got incredible courage! She pushes through that and channels it into her physical performance. But sometimes that can, and has gone wrong. We saw what happened at Eurovision. We also saw what she was capable of at the Met Gala. It’s a risk that can’t really be taken when the audience is as big as The SB, or EV for that matter. Madonna is scrutinized for everything. Even as diminished as her fame seems to have become in recent years, Madonna still incurs something intense and visceral in people. This makes her a public punching bag far too often. It’s always been the case. I sometimes wonder if it isn’t on me to recognize that I’m ageist simply because I feel the criticism is worse now than it used to be. It means I see something more fragile in Madonna as an older woman, which is probably not how she wants to be perceived at all! Food for thought. 

AMAZING! I was thrilled to see this uploaded to her channel! 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

If that’s true, it would be the best decision she’s ever made. We survived the mediocrity of everyone she collaborated with and not even on songs as good as their catalogues, let alone here, so perhaps if The Weeknd thing is real, it would at least be her first collaboration with one artist worth something and actually knows something about putting on a show, a music video and a hood song. 

I don't think it would be a good idea. I can't remember the last live televised performance she did that went well and wasn't followed by a huge amount of criticism from the public. The Super Bowl is the biggest televised performance there is so I just don't know if it'll do anything good for her.

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don't think it would be a good idea. I can't remember the last live televised performance she did that went well and wasn't followed by a huge amount of criticism from the public. The Super Bowl is the biggest televised performance there is so I just don't know if it'll do anything good for her.

Ugh sadly I agree. ???

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I can understand your feelings, I think the same. Lately I'm more worried when a performance of her is announced, than excited. 

She did good things in the last 10 years though. Superbowl, All the Rebel Heart promo performances (including the Brits one), and also Billboard with Maluma. 

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Living for love at the Grammys was pretty much acclaimed as her introductory performance to the new era. Most watched performance of the entire show if I remember correctly. Her performance of Ghosttown with Taylor Swift also got her great reviews. Medellin wowed people. You can't tell if a performance of hers is well received judging from here because here the fans always have something negative to say. The live crowd on the other hand may never have watched Madonna perform before and she usually doesn't fail to get everyone's attention.