2012 Super-Bowl Halftime Show / 1080p

RinoTheBouncer

3 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

I would definitely consider adding would be Celebration

I honestly would not have been mad about that. But I'll ask you this. Could she had gotten away with the album version? Or would it have been predictable for her to use a remix, and rehash it on the MDNA Tour like she did Vogue...?

I'm a history geek. Madonna's super bowl halftime performance in 2012 was more meaningful than any other performance from the standpoint of a history geek. I have always wondered what Cleopatra would look like if it was true that she visited Rome. Of course we have Cleopatra, a movie starring Elizabeth Taylor. But it is a movie. With dozens of NGs and dozens of edits. However, Madonna's performance was a live performance. I could feel that we were witnessing a historical moment!! Whether you like America or not, you must admit that America is the modern Roman Empire. And the stadium is the modern Colosseum of the Roman Empire. When Madonna, the queen of pop, appeared there like Cleopatra, the queen of Egypt, with countless people from all over the world watching in real time, my whole body trembled. I vividly experienced the thrill the ancient Romans felt when the procession of Queen Cleopatra entered Rome.

And I really appreciate that she didn't have a fake audience on the field like any other ordinary artist. It was a great scene that showed the confidence of the queen of pop.

18 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don't think it would be a good idea. I can't remember the last live televised performance she did that went well and wasn't followed by a huge amount of criticism from the public. The Super Bowl is the biggest televised performance there is so I just don't know if it'll do anything good for her.

I mean at this point, whatever she’s going to do is gonna be criticized to death, unless she does some full on ballads and night dresses album, and even that could be criticized as “she ended herself, she’s over and old” 

At least if she sings something new or a mash up version of Blinding Lights or announcing some joint EP, it would still put her name out there, especially that she has a new movie coming at some point, or maybe even a surprise streaming release or MX. It’s wishful thinking... I know. It’s just that criticism form haters who will hate her anyway, after a great performance is better than hate from cringe-worthy social media posts and scandals of tardiness and hating fans that even fans won’t tolerate...?

6 hours ago, Andymad said:

I honestly would not have been mad about that. But I'll ask you this. Could she had gotten away with the album version? Or would it have been predictable for her to use a remix, and rehash it on the MDNA Tour like she did Vogue...?

Celebration album version is one of her most underrated tracks. The one thing I love the most about it is that within the first five seconds it already has its own identity, like Holiday does. That version and some nice choreography including Nicki Minaj and MIA, asking them to dance when they almost never dance live (come join the party, no more hesitation) would have been a hot moment.

Pepsi will cut down some of it's ads and focus on a longer halftime show. Pepsi's Todd Kaplan says: “we are going to double down on our existing 12 minutes in the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show in the middle of the Super Bowl, and we are going to build it out like we have never built it out before.” Pepsi thinks the viewers will enjoy this longer Superbowl Halftime Show since there haven't been many live performances in the past 10 months or so and this 24 minutes show will feel more like a concert. The Superbowl will happen February 7, 2021.

Hmmmm... As the days go by, rumors seem to be becoming true that Madonna will participate in the half time show.

2 hours ago, Madame Madonna said:

Pepsi will cut down some of it's ads and focus on a longer halftime show. Pepsi's Todd Kaplan says: “we are going to double down on our existing 12 minutes in the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show in the middle of the Super Bowl, and we are going to build it out like we have never built it out before.” Pepsi thinks the viewers will enjoy this longer Superbowl Halftime Show since there haven't been many live performances in the past 10 months or so and this 24 minutes show will feel more like a concert. The Superbowl will happen February 7, 2021.

Hmmmm... As the days go by, rumors seem to be becoming true that Madonna will participate in the half time show.

Are the guests announced too? Or they appear as a surprise? I would like to believe it, but I don't see anything about Madonna on that text.. 

12 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Are the guests announced too? Or they appear as a surprise? I would like to believe it, but I don't see anything about Madonna on that text.. 

Not yet. But no one will believe that he will perform alone for 24 minutes. And the rumor that Madonna will perform together has been circulating even before the announcement that they will extend the show's time. That's the reason why I said the Madonna rumors are increasingly likely to be true.

3 hours ago, Madame Madonna said:

Oh my god a 24min Madonna show would have been amazing in 2012! If she’s got a song with The Weeknd... I really do hope it gets more attention and praise than her Levitating feature.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
15 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I mean at this point, whatever she’s going to do is gonna be criticized to death, unless she does some full on ballads and night dresses album, and even that could be criticized as “she ended herself, she’s over and old” 

At least if she sings something new or a mash up version of Blinding Lights or announcing some joint EP, it would still put her name out there, especially that she has a new movie coming at some point, or maybe even a surprise streaming release or MX. It’s wishful thinking... I know. It’s just that criticism form haters who will hate her anyway, after a great performance is better than hate from cringe-worthy social media posts and scandals of tardiness and hating fans that even fans won’t tolerate...?

This is what worries me thinking about it. When she did the Eurovision Song Contest, she had the Madame X Tour going on sale days later (if I remember correctly). I'm not saying the tour didn't sell well, but I do remember at the time some people being turned off at paying her high prices after she delivered that performance. I just hope that another appearance at the Super Bowl doesn't turn out to be another criticised performance that further damages her reputation. I know I sound very cynical but she hasn't had much good press lately and I just hope she doesn't do anything to make it worse.

It doesn’t seem possible that Madonna would perform at the SB in less than two weeks. She’s currently in Africa! She’s had major surgery and is undergoing physical rehab and ongoing experimental treatments. And I will mention the elephant in the room knowing that everyone is thinking it, but won’t actually admit to it! She’s gained a lot of weight. Substantially so for Madonna’s height and build. She may not care anymore, and that is entirely up to her and I admire her for her tenacity and apparent carefree perspective, but I expect the public would be savage at this point. She’d have to really want to put herself through that, and I just don’t think that’s her headspace at all! All speculative on my part, I know. 

2 hours ago, Alibaba said:

It doesn’t seem possible that Madonna would perform at the SB in less than two weeks

But here is there thing. It has already been confirmed the 24 min long halftime show this year is PRE-RECORDED. We don't know what she's done or hasn't done already. So she very well might have already recorded her part. OR is filming it in Africa. Don't know. But it is not live.

4 hours ago, Alibaba said:

It doesn’t seem possible that Madonna would perform at the SB in less than two weeks. She’s currently in Africa! She’s had major surgery and is undergoing physical rehab and ongoing experimental treatments. And I will mention the elephant in the room knowing that everyone is thinking it, but won’t actually admit to it! She’s gained a lot of weight. Substantially so for Madonna’s height and build. She may not care anymore, and that is entirely up to her and I admire her for her tenacity and apparent carefree perspective, but I expect the public would be savage at this point. She’d have to really want to put herself through that, and I just don’t think that’s her headspace at all! All speculative on my part, I know. 

Actually SB will be happen Feb 07. It mean she has one month not a two weeks. so there's plenty of possibility in there. But except for that, I agree with you 100 percent. That's why I believe the rumor, but I desperately hope it's not true.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:30 PM, Pootz333 said:

For me, this performance begins and ends with "Vogue", which is flawless. One of my favorite M moments EVER.

To follow it, I would have chosen "Holiday", "Into The Groove", "Ray of Light", "Hung Up" (I know this wasn't as huge in the US as it was worldwide upon release but by Superbowl time it was an M classic and would have gone off.) And would have preferred GGW over GAYL if it had to be an MDNA single performed. Keep that strong homosexual opening going all the way through. 

It was great seeing everyone reacting mostly really positive towards her though. That was actually the last time I remember getting that sense from the general public.

Same.  I only watch 'Vogue' now, I never bother with the rest of the performance. I would have been happy if she'd just done 'Vogue' for the whole 12 minutes!

On 1/9/2021 at 1:54 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

This is what worries me thinking about it. When she did the Eurovision Song Contest, she had the Madame X Tour going on sale days later (if I remember correctly). I'm not saying the tour didn't sell well, but I do remember at the time some people being turned off at paying her high prices after she delivered that performance. I just hope that another appearance at the Super Bowl doesn't turn out to be another criticised performance that further damages her reputation. I know I sound very cynical but she hasn't had much good press lately and I just hope she doesn't do anything to make it worse.

Weren’t the tickets sold over a month later or so? I’m not sure I remember to be honest. Eurovision was a hugely wasted opportunity both as a promotion in and of itself and how it neither was done at the launch of the album, tour tickets or a new single/music video.

She performed 1 old song, a segment of a very experimental song and a rap feat... I mean if I wasn’t a die hard fan, I wouldn’t have bought tickets either ? and Billboard was a waste too. They said she spent $5m on it, and that money would’ve been a lot better added to the tour budget.

On 1/8/2021 at 3:22 AM, Blue Prince said:

Living for love at the Grammys was pretty much acclaimed as her introductory performance to the new era. Most watched performance of the entire show if I remember correctly. Her performance of Ghosttown with Taylor Swift also got her great reviews. Medellin wowed people. You can't tell if a performance of hers is well received judging from here because here the fans always have something negative to say. The live crowd on the other hand may never have watched Madonna perform before and she usually doesn't fail to get everyone's attention.

Thank you!!!  :clapp::clapp::clapp:

This needs to be repeated more often. Far too much revisionism going on in Madonna fan circles these days.

On 1/8/2021 at 12:20 AM, Alibaba said:

I absolutely love this performance. At 53 she was killing it! Even after a slip at the back of the bleachers, she recovered with such grace only to flow with command into cartwheels and midair splits...all this in impressively high-heeled boots. We don’t cherish her incredible stamina enough! She’s amazing. I understand why people might be disappointed by her not singing live, but I’ve personally reached a point with Madonna where I have heard her sing live enough to know what she is capable of, and sometimes not capable of. She is an Olympian performer, but she is not an Olympian vocalist. Under the right circumstances, Madonna can sing quite magnificently. When there isn’t a lot of rehearsal, or when it’s a one-off performance, Madonna seems to get quite nervous. While she pulled off her two Oscar performances with mastery, she was clearly nervous as fuck! She’s got incredible courage! She pushes through that and channels it into her physical performance. But sometimes that can, and has gone wrong. We saw what happened at Eurovision. We also saw what she was capable of at the Met Gala. It’s a risk that can’t really be taken when the audience is as big as The SB, or EV for that matter. Madonna is scrutinized for everything. Even as diminished as her fame seems to have become in recent years, Madonna still incurs something intense and visceral in people. This makes her a public punching bag far too often. It’s always been the case. I sometimes wonder if it isn’t on me to recognize that I’m ageist simply because I feel the criticism is worse now than it used to be. It means I see something more fragile in Madonna as an older woman, which is probably not how she wants to be perceived at all! Food for thought. 

AMAZING! I was thrilled to see this uploaded to her channel! 

Beautifully articulated. :clapp: