2012 Super-Bowl Halftime Show / 1080p

RinoTheBouncer

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 10:44 PM, Alex JLR said:

I was so happ to finally see it on her channel, then I saw the part after the middle finger from MIA... Once again, her team messed up. There is footage of the "missing" part that were broadcasted in Japan, they could at least try to fix this part... ^^

I think I missed this, is a download available somehwere?

I rewatched this earlier this evening and I truly love it. It also reminds me of how freaking excited I was back then... glued to the TV waiting for M’s “return to form” after a long absence from music, really.

However, I have to say I still find the “Music” bit the least enjoyable, and also somewhat cringey. I’m not only referring to LMFAO necessarily (after all, they were ridiculously popular at the time), but the whole rope jumping and weird choreography confuse me a little. It also goes for too long without her singing or doing much while all these people do their thing. To be honest, I would’ve made the section a lot shorter and included another song along, like “Hung Up”. Oh well, it is what it is. 

The entrance is absolutely wonderful and the Like A Prayer performance is visually stunning. She looked soooo gorgeous!!! She should keep her hair longer, does her a lot of good. Plus, whoever the makeup artist was that day needs to be rehired! 

• 1 year later...

When I thought that seeing Madonna emerge from a giant disco ball during the start of the Confessions Tour would be impossible to top, one thing that would change my mind would be her spectacular entrance into the SuperBowl dressed as an Egyptian Queen full of beautiful jewels and carried on the shoulders of a group of gladiators: a symbolic way of making it clear who is the true Queen in this world of Music and in the process show how a woman can be above men as rude as gladiators thanks to feminine power . Can Madonna overcome this start of the show? Only time will tell.

madonna-1024x574.jpg.660994e1cd776271d1f922575a790e74.jpg

By the way, a show that started out spectacular but was deflating as time went by until it ended with a version of Like a Prayer that was somewhat simplistic and insipid for my taste. Another thing that I did not like was the excessive number of guests that would be justified if it were an artist without much experience, but when Madonna is the main artist, I feel that these guests are left over and their presence is not needed at all, which is precisely verified, at the beginning of the show, when Madonna sings Vogue by herself and it is, by unanimous decision, the most spectacular part of the entire show.

original--61534466cf63star-style-news-madonna-superbowl-6167035-1-esl-es-madonna-triunfa-en-la-super-bowl-jpg.jpg.40e71e06c388ca53432c413de5757703.jpg

And to top it off, this guest Mia who tried to steal the show by making an obscene gesture by raising her middle finger in the middle of the broadcast without thinking about the emotional damage it would do to millions of families who were watching the broadcast at that time and that would force the NFL to sue her for several million, something that could have also harmed Madonna since it was she who took her as a guest and in a certain way she also had a certain responsibility. Fortunately, Madonna came out of this problem clean, but she would make sure to keep a certain distance from Mia in the future. And it is that in the case of Madonna, that someone tries to steal the show instead of her, will always be something unforgivable.

featured-img-of-post-100222.jpg.cb1bb66275d8e5d3e5f3bf53c854eed2.jpg