New discussion & (supposed) new info about "Warning Signs"

Redha DBL

22 minutes ago, steady75 said:

To be honest I’m getting so old that I’m starting to refer to everyone as they because pronouns are a minefield.

Even when my intentions are on point and determined my old brain doesn’t keep up with my will. 

If they get funny call them " that fucker" 

Works for everyone ☺️

I think it’s fine if you’re mates with a trans person. Mine are fine when I misgender even when I correct myself instantly. My trans male friend knows when I’m using “girl” as gay tongue rather than actually misgendering him. Then again I call the male director of the company I work for “girl, you better don’t”  when he has a bad idea. 
Yes I’m that cigarette. Bite me. 

Someone I don’t know though. I’d be genuinely mortified but if you make a fuss about it it’s worse. As long as you are trying in your heart you know you’re doing your best though I do think we probably need to get used to “they” as a specific reference for everyone. 

• 7 months later...

Article from January 1984 where I she talks about WS

@TonyMontana

"Each song is symbolic. One is for the girl's point of view, as she's not really attached to this guy. There's a slow song where they dance together, which is the nearest they get to being really together and there's one from the guy's point of view where he knows he can't have her and she's leaving".

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

Article from January 1984 where I she talks about WS

@TonyMontana

"Each song is symbolic. One is for the girl's point of view, as she's not really attached to this guy. There's a slow song where they dance together, which is the nearest they get to being really together and there's one from the guy's point of view where he knows he can't have her and she's leaving".

Thank you very much. I never read it before. Every new tidbit is pure gold ?

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Here’s hoping this is the first demo out the door with the Warner deal - but which album to dump it on ? The first or LAV - also so we count vision quest as a studio album or soundtrack ??? we need a topic for that I think ? 

In my deepest fantasies I see a Vision Quest 40th anniversary special edition featuring the extended soundtrack with the demos/film versions of Gambler and CFU + Warning Signs, and the full restored movie with director's commentary and deleted scenes = full Madonna performances including the WS one, if it was filmed (it seems possible, reading the interview).

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

In my deepest fantasies I see a Vision Quest 40th anniversary special edition featuring the extended soundtrack with the demos/film versions of Gambler and CFU + Warning Signs, and the full restored movie with director's commentary and deleted scenes = full Madonna performances including the WS one, if it was filmed (it seems possible, reading the interview).

Would be amazing but never happen - the footage of Madonna from that movie is probably on the same lost shelf as the Paris blond ambition footage ??