Madonna wants 'perfect' star to play her in biopic

proxy

EXCLUSIVE: The Little Women actress is said to be neck and neck with Ozark’s Julia Garner in the race to win the role in the much-anticipated movie co-written by Madonna 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/madonna-wants-perfect-star-play-23291029?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Edited by proxy (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, Andymad said:

Rude. I didn't get a callback.

I went to audition as well but her injury was too much that day so she had to cancel.

If I have to choose one of these two, my vote would go to Flonence. Julia's shoulders are too narrow and her body looks like an undeveloped girl. And a few days ago, I saw Lady Macbeth, which Flonence starred in, and her eyes were full of ambition, and I liked that.

I'm definitely the minority because I still truly believe that unless she casts Anne Winters in the role to at least play her into the mid-later 90's this movie will be a disaster but I am not trying to reignite this argument. Julia Garner is DEFINITELY not Madonna material even tho I LOVE her in Ozark I CAN NOT see her playing Madonna & Florence I just don't see it like I do with Anne. But honestly M tends to want to screw her legacy all up anymore so I am beyond caring tbh so let her do whatever she wants to do I will still go see it of course but I can promise you this if anyone but Anne is cast it will be FAR from "perfect" & that is coming from a fan since the 80's who feels like they know a little about what they're talking about. I just hope she gets the ball rolling soon & just announces it already so we know & this back & forth can stop! 

THE WAIT IS FUCKING KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drama::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::Madonna001:

1 hour ago, Brandon Clark said:

I'm definitely the minority because I still truly believe that unless she casts Anne Winters in the role to at least play her into the mid-later 90's this movie will be a disaster but I am not trying to reignite this argument. Julia Garner is DEFINITELY not Madonna material even tho I LOVE her in Ozark I CAN NOT see her playing Madonna & Florence I just don't see it like I do with Anne. But honestly M tends to want to screw her legacy all up anymore so I am beyond caring tbh so let her do whatever she wants to do I will still go see it of course but I can promise you this if anyone but Anne is cast it will be FAR from "perfect" & that is coming from a fan since the 80's who feels like they know a little about what they're talking about. I just hope she gets the ball rolling soon & just announces it already so we know & this back & forth can stop! 

THE WAIT IS FUCKING KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drama::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::Madonna001:

Anne Winters did a good job dressing up like Madonna but what is her acting resume like? She’s done a kids tv drama on Netflix. What else?

Florence was nominated for an Oscar among other things and I believe the Ozark girl won an Emmy.

Here we go with this shit again LOL! Like I said I am not trying to have this argument again just stating my opinion!!! Anne has acted in more than just one kids TV drama on Netflix but whether you like it or not the show you are talking about was very good & ALOT of people liked it including me so don't try to shove your opinion down people's throats by throwing Oscars & Emmys around because if you really want to play that game Google search how Anne also won an Emmy for her role in the drama series for that role so PFFFFFT there shove that up your ass! It doesn't take an Oscar to play Madonna where in the hell does it state that fact PLEASE show me?!? It doesn't take an Oscar to be considered a good or serious actress, PERIOD! That's just the facts dude whether you choose to accept it or not. Don't be a Trump here! 

Like I said, I am stating my opinion. When playing Madonna you are going to HAVE to have the look & in my humble opinion the ONLY I repeat ONLY person I see that in at this current time is Anne. Sorry if that upsets you or is different from your opinion but that's just how I see it. An Oscar is not going to make someone see Madonna when they are watching this film & it really needs to have as close to that as possible otherwise we're just gonna have another Innocence Lost on our hands. We'll see what happens in the end for sure I just think it will be a travesty for M to overlook Anne's obvious resemblance to her & more than that obvious PASSION to play the part. But then again it wouldn't be the first mistake M has made in recent years so I am not holding my breath! Like I said too I will go see it either way but I am telling you now if the lead actress doesn't LOOK JUST LIKE MADONNA NO ONE is going to give it the time of day ESPECIALLY true fans. We will end up with a bigger FLOP than Swept Away was. #soon we will see I am not about to get into heated debates about this topic again we already have a 100 page thread of that shit in the News thread. Peace! 

What a fake article made from nothing... obviously the person creating that fictionnal piece of news had no clue what has been going these last months... i mean look at this Screenshot_20210110-115329_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aa80575e1a336fbe8bbbbce963b5be95.jpg

While actually like 10% of peole mentionned those two girls and 90% of the whole internet went into frenzy for Ann Winters all over the world, yet the writer of the article doesn't mention her a single time, onviously has no clue what he is talking about. Madonna even started folliwng her, like the two other girls. 

2 hours ago, Brandon Clark said:

1 hour ago, Brandon Clark said:

Here we go with this shit again LOL! Like I said I am not trying to have this argument again just stating my opinion!!! Anne has acted in more than just one kids TV drama on Netflix but whether you like it or not the show you are talking about was very good & ALOT of people liked it including me so don't try to shove your opinion down people's throats by throwing Oscars & Emmys around because if you really want to play that game Google search how Anne also won an Emmy for her role in the drama series for that role so PFFFFFT there shove that up your ass! It doesn't take an Oscar to play Madonna where in the hell does it state that fact PLEASE show me?!? It doesn't take an Oscar to be considered a good or serious actress, PERIOD! That's just the facts dude whether you choose to accept it or not. Don't be a Trump here! 

Like I said, I am stating my opinion. When playing Madonna you are going to HAVE to have the look & in my humble opinion the ONLY I repeat ONLY person I see that in at this current time is Anne. Sorry if that upsets you or is different from your opinion but that's just how I see it. An Oscar is not going to make someone see Madonna when they are watching this film & it really needs to have as close to that as possible otherwise we're just gonna have another Innocence Lost on our hands. We'll see what happens in the end for sure I just think it will be a travesty for M to overlook Anne's obvious resemblance to her & more than that obvious PASSION to play the part. But then again it wouldn't be the first mistake M has made in recent years so I am not holding my breath! Like I said too I will go see it either way but I am telling you now if the lead actress doesn't LOOK JUST LIKE MADONNA NO ONE is going to give it the time of day ESPECIALLY true fans. We will end up with a bigger FLOP than Swept Away was. #soon we will see I am not about to get into heated debates about this topic again we already have a 100 page thread of that shit in the News thread. Peace! 

I mean seriously...PicsArt_01-10-12_10_46.thumb.jpg.be3bd1fc9a57cad3c8ff03efdde83cc6.jpg

This look-a-like game is so futile. It's already a given that hiring people who look like the person they're portraying is doomed to fail. Anne Winters, although the closest looking to Madonna, has no chance to deliver such a demanding performance. Florence looks nothing like Madonna, but should she be cast, be prepared to witness a Christian Bale-like physical transformation in order to get from "pudgy" 1984 Madonna to the lean killing machine that was Madonna in 1990. I can see the headlines already. I wish Madonna would take the liberty to tell her story without such restrains. Maybe hiring someone who looks NOTHING like her would be a more freeing and clever way to tell that story. An actress like Golshifteh Farahani, for instance. Someone who brings way more than a pseudo-resemblance to Madonna. Just a great actress with a personal history that carries weight and brings gravitas. Like having the character of Bob Dylan played by Cate Blanchet (along other actors) in the recent "biopic". It's a smart stand, imho. I don't want to see a "fake Madonna" with a painted-on toothgap, the same way those ridiculous dentures were used in "Bohemian Rhapsody", or so much bad make-up on Marion Cotillard's face in "La Vie En Rose" that made her look more E.T. than Edith Piaf.  Nobody will be fooled by a "fake Madonna". Try and look like her, and this biopic will fail. Just like any Michael Jackson biopic would, should they decide to stick with details and visual resemblance.

6 hours ago, Brandon Clark said:

The one who seems to be heated and trying to force opinions upon others is you though.

I'm sure Anne was great on that acclaimed teen syrup 78 Reasons Why which is mostly "Rotten" on Rotten Tomatoes just like Swept Away!

In any case i'd prefer a REAL actress like Florence or Julia over some Z-lister whose idea of acting is getting into makeup and then posting on instagram.

Cheers!