Madonna wants 'perfect' star to play her in biopic

proxy

7 minutes ago, Just 4 said:

Lately I have been imagining how iconoclastic and rebellious casting a male actor would be. It would solve the problem of representation without simply imitating and create an interesting tension for the audience. 

How about a trans woman? Candis Cayne could rock both young and middle aged M.

Didn’t Madonna say the “actors portraying me” in one of those IG vids or the bio pic press release?  

My choice would be Julia because of her ability to convey vulnerability through surliness. Florence looks nothing like Madonna, but anyone that’s seen “Bombshell” will know that makeup and prosthetics can achieve startling results in accuracy. Charlize Theron looks SO like Megyn Kelly after the transformation it’s almost unsettling. Lol. 

But look at, for instance, the movie “Norma Jean and Marilyn” where Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino were cast in their respective roles as the same person. 
or the Crown changing actors as the storyline ages the previous ones out. 

But, all that said, this is just the publicity machine of Hollywood getting started.
People are going to be curious even if they don’t like Madonna, so starting the rumor mill up about casting is typical click bait. 

• 2 weeks later...