Songs that Madonna passed on...

We all know about Alone Again, that Kylie ended up recording, Like a Flower (Laura Pausini) and even Revenge (Sophie Ellis-Bextor). 

Does anyone know of any other songs that Madonna passed on that ended up recorded by other artists?

Edited by Jakey (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Jakey said:

We all know about Alive Again, that Kylie ended up recording, Like a Flower (Laura Pausini) and even Revenge (Sophie Ellis-Bextor). 

Does anyone know of any other songs that Madonna passed on that ended up recorded by other artists?

The correct title is "Alone Again" :)

33 minutes ago, Erlend said:

Love Won't Wait. 

Gary Barlow did it.

Baffling how she didn't put in on an album of hers, I mean she co-wrote it, and her demo's nice and the song's great and poppy, very feel-good ... I wonder what happened there before she gave it to Gary

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

Baffling how she didn't put in on an album of hers, I mean she co-wrote it, and her demo's nice and the song's great and poppy, very feel-good ... I wonder what happened there before she gave it to Gary

It's very baffling.

She did this with Shep after Erotica and before what was to become Bedtime Stories. Why on earth didn't she include it? This could have been track number 11, with Take a Bow as number 12...

35 minutes ago, Erlend said:

It's very baffling.

She did this with Shep after Erotica and before what was to become Bedtime Stories. Why on earth didn't she include it? This could have been track number 11, with Take a Bow as number 12...

48 minutes ago, Ian said:

Its horrible and sounds like a rip off of I Love the Nightlife

What was the story behind Get The Party Started? Wasn't it Linda Perry the one who wanted M on it?? So glad she turned it down. There's a few I wish she'd turned down Girl Gone Wild and Revolver  :sis:

Moby first approached M to record New York New York before it went to Debbie Harry, shame as it's such a fun track! 

Another MDNA reject was MIA's Sexodos - love this track

Another great MDNA reject was Kids by Free School & Boyz Noize which samples Sirismo's High Together,  Kelis previously recorded it for her album Flesh Tones. Jean-Baptiste (Free School) said in an interview that M even recorded a vocal for Kids, so it's out there somewhere.

Another AMAZING track is she stupidly turned down along with "Wake Me Up" was "Can't Forget You" by William Orbit Laurie Mayer, Jean-Baptiste sings the demo.

https://vk.com/video-38134592_171378488

There's a SIA song too on one of her album but I don't know which track it is.

MDNA could've been a fucking EPIC album if she'd had her head screwed on straight.

Baby Love by Regina it was written by Stephen Bray and offered to her but she declined it was later covered by Dannii Minogue, also there is Heart by Pet Shop Boys which they wrote with her in mind though they never offered it to her & there is Teardrop by Massive Attack which she did want to do but they decided to get Elizabeth Fraser insead

19 hours ago, luluthecat said:

What was the story behind Get The Party Started? Wasn't it Linda Perry the one who wanted M on it?? So glad she turned it down. There's a few I wish she'd turned down Girl Gone Wild and Revolver  :sis:

Moby first approached M to record New York New York before it went to Debbie Harry, shame as it's such a fun track! 

Another MDNA reject was MIA's Sexodos - love this track

Another great MDNA reject was Kids by Free School & Boyz Noize which samples Sirismo's High Together,  Kelis previously recorded it for her album Flesh Tones. Jean-Baptiste (Free School) said in an interview that M even recorded a vocal for Kids, so it's out there somewhere.

Another AMAZING track is she stupidly turned down along with "Wake Me Up" was "Can't Forget You" by William Orbit Laurie Mayer, Jean-Baptiste sings the demo.

https://vk.com/video-38134592_171378488

There's a SIA song too on one of her album but I don't know which track it is.

MDNA could've been a fucking EPIC album if she'd had her head screwed on straight.

All extremely justifiable rejects to me. Could have been endless bonus tracks on MDNA.