New Album Thread

RebelMe

Some things were weird in 2020.

That photoshoot with pink hair, what was the point? To look pretty on Instagram? At that time there were news about her boyfriend's debut album and Madonna being a feature. Also, there was a rumor about a video being made and that photoshoot was done at the same time.

Madonna was in  a studio! She is always there for a reason. Maybe it wasn't for her album, but it could be related to The Weeknd's project. New song featuring Madonna? Or something related to Super Bowl? I would like it to be a new song, because that way Madonna could have a hit song.

Rumors about Madonna working on a new album right after a previous era have always been a wishful thinking. We talked about this after MDNA and RH. She didn't surprise us. She always takes a break for one year and starts working on an album the next year. Does anyone really believe she had time to make a new album during Corona and problems with her leg. Even Madame X DVD isn't out, because Madonna is also working on it.  And let's not forget that biopic. There were rumors about Madonna working on a new music for the movie, but why should she make music for something that hasn't even been made?

After Madame X era, I think she will make sure to deliver another carefully planned era with good videos, so don't expect a new album. It seems she is too busy  with the mentioned stuff. It would be great if she would be able to deliver a new album or at least an EP before the movie. 

Edited by Justice (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Justice said:

Some things were weird in 2020.

That photoshoot with pink hair, what was the point? To look pretty on Instagram? At that time there were news about her boyfriend's debut album and Madonna being a feature. Also, there was a rumor about a video being made and that photoshoot was done at the same time.

Madonna was in  a studio! She is always there for a reason. Maybe it wasn't for her album, but it could be related to The Weeknd's project. New song featuring Madonna? Or something related to Super Bowl? I would like it to be a new song, because that way Madonna could have a hit song.

Rumors about Madonna working on a new album right after a previous era have always been a wishful thinking. We talked about this after MDNA and RH. She didn't surprise us. She always takes a break for one year and starts working on an album the next year. Does anyone really believe she had time to make a new album during Corona and problems with her leg. Even Madame X DVD isn't out, because Madonna is also working on it.  And let's not forget that biopic. There were rumors about Madonna working on a new music for the movie, but why should she make music for something that hasn't even been made?

After Madame X era, I think she will make sure to deliver another carefully planned era with good videos, so don't expect a new album. It seems she is too busy  with the mentioned stuff. It would be great if she would be able to deliver a new album or at least an EP before the movie. 

2020 was the quietest Madonna year of all time. I don't think she did one official photoshoot, Instagram shit doesn't count, music video, performance, tv or print interview all year.  

I understand somewhat because of Covid-19, but not even a Zoom interview on a talk show.  Nothing

5 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

2020 was the quietest Madonna year of all time. I don't think she did one official photoshoot, Instagram shit doesn't count, music video, performance, tv or print interview all year.  

I understand somewhat because of Covid-19, but not even a Zoom interview on a talk show.  Nothing

You forget those weird bathtub videos. They got a lot of press haha

2 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

You forget those weird bathtub videos. They got a lot of press haha

yeah I try to erase it from my mind

But it's EXTREMELY weird how she was invisible in 2020, I don't think there's ever been a year since 1982, where she hasn't done SOME interviews, magazine photoshoot or two etc.  Then comes 2020

2 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

yeah I try to erase it from my mind

But it's EXTREMELY weird how she was invisible in 2020, I don't think there's ever been a year since 1982, where she hasn't done SOME interviews, magazine photoshoot or two etc.  Then comes 2020

I still feel like 2018 was worse. I don't remember what she did, maybe she released something MDNA Skin related, but it was the third year without new music, we were so eagerly anticipating the new album that year and all we were receiving was twins twins twins. In 2020 Madonna was still touring at least and she did the Levitating remix, a much better song than Champagne Rose. 2018 was torture alright for us who cared about new music. In 2020 we had more important things to miss than a Madonna interview or photoshoot.

15 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

I still feel like 2018 was worse. I don't remember what she did, maybe she released something MDNA Skin related, but it was the third year without new music, we were so eagerly anticipating the new album that year and all we were receiving was twins twins twins. In 2020 Madonna was still touring at least and she did the Levitating remix, a much better song than Champagne Rose. 2018 was torture alright for us who cared about new music. In 2020 we had more important things to miss than a Madonna interview or photoshoot.

She did the Italian Vogue shoot, appeared at the MTV video Music Awards, did some MDNA skin promo interviews for tv shows.  Again, we got nothing in 2020

31 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

14 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

She did the Italian Vogue shoot, appeared at the MTV video Music Awards, did some MDNA skin promo interviews for tv shows.  Again, we got nothing in 2020

We also got the Met Gala teasing Madame X

12 minutes ago, Shoful said:

We also got the Met Gala teasing Madame X

Well okay Met is the only thing that actually matters because it was about music. The rest was just torture. Of course she did things in 2018 but they weren't music related. She was better off without the VMA's and Vogue photoshoot was good but again more of the soccer mom in Portugal thing we kept on listening to again and again. Even that Met Gala was acclaimed and gave her the false belief that a European audience of people who want to party will want more of that. Sorry I will forever prefer M's 2020 to 2018.

2 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

All those Fat Jewish videos .. 

Sorry if a bit off topic but... when Madame X got released "an insider" that many people said it was trustful commented that there were some "dance songs" from the album sessions left for "something in the future", some people kinda missuderstood and thought that she also recorded M15, but then he corrected that people and he said that "that material was NOT enought for a full album, that maybe for a few new songs inclusions on a Greatest Hits album after the era" (not 100% those words but that idea basically). Now the rumor of an EP (not an album) with Madame X sessions dance songs after the era appears. Someone remembers that rumor? You think is linked to the supposed EP that is "about" to be released? ?

1 hour ago, roberMDNA said:

Sorry if a bit off topic but... when Madame X got released "an insider" that many people said it was trustful commented that there were some "dance songs" from the album sessions left for "something in the future", some people kinda missuderstood and thought that she also recorded M15, but then he corrected that people and he said that "that material was NOT enought for a full album, that maybe for a few new songs inclusions on a Greatest Hits album after the era" (not 100% those words but that idea basically). Now the rumor of an EP (not an album) with Madame X sessions dance songs after the era appears. Someone remembers that rumor? You think is linked to the supposed EP that is "about" to be released? ?

I clearly remember, the same exact memory and it was around the time she went on hashtagging about a mixtape :thumbsup: ... so my hopes for a Nakhane collab come back to life!!

Anyway it's just a matter of time, 15 days and, if the Superbowl rumour is true, they won't be able to keep the secret  sealed anymore

24 minutes ago, stefo said:

I clearly remember, the same exact memory and it was around the time she went on hashtagging about a mixtape :thumbsup: ... so my hopes for a Nakhane collab come back to life!!

Anyway it's just a matter of time, 15 days and, if the Superbowl rumour is true, they won't be able to keep the secret  sealed anymore

1 hour ago, roberMDNA said:

Omg can you guys tell me more!? I wasn't apart of the online community yet so I missed all of this the only Madame X rumor I remember was a "Indian Summer" :cryin:

8 hours ago, stefo said:

Don't remember who, maybe Nakhane himself, said the collaboration didn't happen and no song was recorded. I was very let down because it sounded a good direction for her music, I even bought his album.