New Album Thread

RebelMe

2 hours ago, Mp1992 said:

She did a Broadway play, presented on The Tony Awards, Letterman appearance, release of WTGT on video, Harper's Bazaar cover and photoshoot etc

It was a bonanza compared to 2020

As a UK gay 12 yr old none of this landed on my desk. We’d had pretty much a single every six weeks for about 5 years here and then.... nada. Some of us didn’t have a VHS player and no cable TV. I stand by my comment. A drought I say ?

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Don't remember who, maybe Nakhane himself, said the collaboration didn't happen and no song was recorded. I was very let down because it sounded a good direction for her music, I even bought his album.

Well good purchase anyway, it's amazing. I would have substituted all the Maluma shit and (don't hate me) God Control with a pair of his songs to get the perfect album :Madonna008:

On 1/20/2021 at 6:28 PM, WopaelWopael said:

So i just saw this add on instagram.

I know that on the halftime show there are alwaxs more than just one guest but for me this is a little sign that we shouldnt get are hopes too high

BA867E4D-1676-40AC-9A3E-323D949E4839.jpeg

I don’t get what everyone sees in this Maluma character. Below mediocre. 

4 hours ago, NowRadiate said:

I don’t get what everyone sees in this Maluma character. Below mediocre. 

Hm he’s hot? ? 

But seriously, he’s a good lyricist, has a pleasant voice, and clearly works hard- releasing new music, collaborations and music videos quite often. Hardly a mediocre person. Reggaeton/or “this Maluma character” may not be your thing but I wouldn’t devalue the merits of his work just because of one’s personal tastes.

Also, no doubt Madonna collaborated with him because of his looks and self-confidence. Don’t forget the look on her face when she first met him backstage. She was THIRSTY! Lol

2 hours ago, madfan13_86 said:

Hm he’s hot? ? 

But seriously, he’s a good lyricist, has a pleasant voice, and clearly works hard- releasing new music, collaborations and music videos quite often. Hardly a mediocre person. Reggaeton/or “this Maluma character” may not be your thing but I wouldn’t devalue the merits of his work just because of one’s personal tastes.

Also, no doubt Madonna collaborated with him because of his looks and self-confidence. Don’t forget the look on her face when she first met him backstage. She was THIRSTY! Lol

I don’t care if she‘s thirsty tbh. She may like whomever she likes. The character strikes me as very non-sexy/douchy actually. And what else should I base his “merits” on than personal taste in looks and music. 
I actually like Reggaeton. Maluma is extremely overrated. 

4 hours ago, madfan13_86 said:

Hm he’s hot? ? 

He is hot I'll give him that

25 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

no shade but does the weekend have enough hits for a GH album? I don't know her discography so idk

Actually HE has been around about as long as Madonna had before releasing The Immaculate Collection. I mean he has more than a couple hits (Can't Feel My Face, The Hills, Starboy, Earned It, Blinding Lights) but yeah, if he includes more than seven songs we won't be talking about actual hits anymore. Definitely not compared to the 80's hits and their monumental legacy. 

By the way, why would he include any possible Madonna duet on a GH album? Sounds completely irrelevant to me.

8 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Madonna put revolver on celebration lol, i know it's a feature but in my mind it's a duet lol

I meant that if it's a Madonna song basically he doesn't have to include it on his own GH album. Why would he have his greatest hits include a duet where he is second best and hasn't proven to be successful yet. It's like M doing a new greatest hits album last year and include Levitating on it. Makes no sense to me. Revolver is her own song not someone else's.

6 hours ago, Enrico said:

I guess this is going to be the usual schedule then:

2020 end of tour

2021 tour video on streaming service

2022 tour video release

2023 biopic?

Plus some videos uploaded on youtube

And maybe Malik's featuring

I guess I'm lost :drama:

There's no reason to doubt the Patrick Leonard rumor just yet though. It came for a fairly legit source. The The Weeknd rumor was jus pulled out of someone's ass. 

I think the new album will be released by the time her biographical film comes out. It's probably a soundtrack album that includes some of her previous hit singles and new songs which in her biopic film, and, if we're lucky enough, we will get some of her early years unreleased demos. And I bet that Patrick Leonard rumor is also probably about her new soundtrack single.

I think that between summer 2022 and spring 2023 the biopic movie will arrive with GH album (the perfect mix at the same time). So the next album probably 2024 (in autumn most likely). I don't think that new music it's something that will come that easy and quick - it can be her biggest break between albums.

All depends on what kind of album she would like to release next time. If she would like to do "MDNA" part II she can release it even in 2023 after working on GH (for example 2 new songs on GH as rejected songs from upcoming album). I gave MDNA as a example, because the tracklist looks very random... like "oh we recorded 20 songs, so let's make an album with 14 of them". But you never know. Recording of Madame X lasted very long, but making LAP or ROL was extremely quick.

Edited by Mateusz Klimecki (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, Mateusz Klimecki said:

I think that between summer 2022 and spring 2023 the biopic movie will arrive with GH album (the perfect mix at the same time). So the next album probably 2024 (in autumn most likely). I don't think that new music it's something that will come that easy and quick - it can be her biggest break between albums.

All depends on what kind of album she would like to release next time. If she would like to do "MDNA" part II she can release it even in 2023 after working on GH (for example 2 new songs on GH as rejected songs from upcoming album). I gave MDNA as a example, because the tracklist looks very random... like "oh we recorded 20 songs, so let's make an album with 14 of them". But you never know. Recording of Madame X lasted very long, but making LAP or ROL was extremely quick.

You may be right, which is a shame but also understandable. M multitasks but not to the extent she used to. After all, she has 6 kids, a bf, and they are obviously her focus. It’s interesting to think that she came from a big family and eventually ended up building a big one too for herself. Must be a loud house, I would go mad. Lol

In regards to the albums you mentioned, yea it’s definitely clear MDNA came about mostly as a contractual obligation, which was a shame. I’m one of the few who totally love that album—I find the mix of EDM and post-divorce blues bittersweet & lush!—but totally get people’s complaints regarding its promo and choice of singles. I truly think it isn’t as bad. Actually, due to the leak, I am inclined to think that RH has more of a rushed feeling than MDNA, in the end. Especially when it comes to the production (too many producers and songwriters at the table?) and order/selection of the tracks. It does seem like she tried to include as many songs as possible, which felt overwhelming and badly curated at the time. But of course, the frustrations and failures of/with MDNA and RH became even more obvious with the release of Madame X. An album that, in opposition to the 2 previous ones, clearly showcased passion, inspiration and pure love. Not very poppy but quite ‘pop art’ lol.

I think that she recorded too much good songs for RH, so it was too hard to pick, that's why it has so many. For example what to pick - Ghosttown or Heartbreak City? Both pretty good. I have nothing against MDNA - but musically it's sounds like Madge had a borderline crisis, she wanted be alternative and pop and the same time.