New Album Thread

RebelMe

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

correct! and it was like, a part of her vocal performance on that song too, with frustration and anger

Sure but you can't judge a whole album on one single song. Plus you hear mumbling, I hear her trying to open her mouth and speak truths. She had to, it's on the cover, the mouth sewn shut. Ariana's been mumbling all her career. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

Sure but you can't judge a whole album on one single song. Plus you hear mumbling, I hear her trying to open her mouth and speak truths. She had to, it's on the cover, the mouth sewn shut. Ariana's been mumbling all her career. 

I actually agreed with you dude, you quoted the wrong person

18 minutes ago, Shoful said:

What... she does not mumble on Crave or I Rise. The only tracks she does are God Control and Future. Legit 2/18 songs. I’m sure we’ll survive

Yes she does

I’m tired of being far away from home
far from walking home
far from where it’s safe
hope it’s not too late
:mumble mumble mumble: on you

there’s more....

I’ve never been opposed to her vocal manipulation or using a different characterization in her singing or phrasing. 
Madame X was an extreme use of both, which God Control uses brilliantly, Killers and Future uses it effectively (even though to me Future sounds like a goat is singing), but Crave and I Rise just sound affected. 

I like the album, and actually do love some of the songs. I do feel like the vocal effects were heavy handed, which I know was her point, however IMO it masks the very direct lyrical content to the point that the songs lose the impact of what she’s actually saying. MX is the first album in her career I actually appreciate more as time passes, but I still don’t love it. And at this point I don’t need to, nor does Madonna need me to. 

As far as the next album is concerned, Madonna has always had  such a gift for creating melodies and harmonies that make even some questionable lyrics get stuck in my head. I love to hear Madonna sing, and even with a lot of effects, there’s typically still been an organic quality at the core of most of her songs, which is why the usual suspect singles and albums are still beloved because there’s a timelessness even if it sounds dated now.  And I’d even daresay why so many prefer certain demos over official album tracks. I love her artistry, but sometimes I feel she tries to downplay that gift of creating hooks for the sake of sounding current or cool.

Madame X it's great, but has the same problem like MDNA and RH had - her biggest problem from last decade. Too many compromises. On MDNA it's obvious - great songs combined with pop shit. On RH - on this album is less visible, but still (Bitch I'm Madonna). On MX it's the same. God Control and Dark Ballet are not flowing with songs like Bitch I'm Loca or Crave. These albums sounds like they are combined with two diffrent minialbums into one.... It's not the same Madonna. It's like "oh i'm doing a record, but i'm a little affraid with this material, so for sure we need a 3 more commercial songs". I prefer when she's doing albums in "one sound".

Don't get me wrong. I looooove (i craaaaave) for Crave, but it's just a nice rnb song, nothing special. But i am okay with final result of MX - maybe if she focused more on portugese inspirations it would become more cohesive, but i can't blame her - Maluma is tempting, so she craveeeeed.

Edited by Mateusz Klimecki (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, Mateusz Klimecki said:

Madame X it's great, but has the same problem like MDNA and RH had - her biggest problem from last decade. Too many compromises. On MDNA it's obvious - great songs combined with pop shit. On RH - on this album is less visible, but still (Bitch I'm Madonna). On MX it's the same. God Control and Dark Ballet are not flowing with songs like Bitch I'm Loca or Crave. These albums sounds like they are combined with two diffrent minialbums into one.... It's not the same Madonna. It's like "oh i'm doing a record, but i'm a little affraid with this material, so for sure we need a 3 more commercial songs". I prefer when she's doing albums in "one sound".

Don't get me wrong. I looooove (i craaaaave) for Crave, but it's just a nice rnb song, nothing special. But i am okay with final result of MX - maybe if she focused more on portugese inspirations it would become more cohesive, but i can't blame her - Maluma is tempting, so she craveeeeed.

Oh I do blame her for licking his feet. Yuck!  Lol

I never saw the uneven mixture of styles on the last records but makes a lot of sense to me. I stream her albums and did not download the tracks that I would have skipped anyway such as Bitch I‘m Loca.

5 minutes ago, Mateusz Klimecki said:

Don't get me wrong. I looooove (i craaaaave) for Crave, but it's just a nice rnb song, nothing special.

What? I don’t agree with this at all. Madonna doesn’t even compromise with her own fanbase. Do you really think she would invest her creative energy in pleasing nobodies aka the GP?

I think A LOT of M fans (since probably Hard Candy), have had a really hard time accepting a lot of Madonna’s creative choices, mostly because they simply don’t like them. Of course an artist like Madonna would love it if every time she released an album, such work would get a decent amount of praise an attention. But at the same time, it’s sort of clear to me that she stopped caring a while ago about what people expect from her. And it must be very liberating from an artistic point of view. She doesn’t need her collaborators and they don’t need her. She does what she does because she feels like it. 

The thing is, as irritating as it is to some fans, she doesn’t need to please anyone  or compromise. I really believe her current stance is more of a mix of inspiration and fun. That’s exactly what Madame X is and I like it—“Bitch I’m Loca” and “Faz Gostoso” represented some of those lighter fun moments, and imo, it’s clear the album needed those in between deep introspective songs. The truth is, there’s a very silly side to Madonna (she would say she’s being “ironic” lol) , and I think that this is one side of her many fans don’t get. This “side”, to me, was best showcased in songs like “Bitch I’m Madonna” (Now, “B-Day Song” can burn in hell ? ). I feel these songs have allowed her to experiment with melody and humour, and  I do find it interesting that these “silly” tracks do tend to be duets, or have people featured in them. They’re almost tongue in cheek parodies of traditional pop songs... both in structure and lyrical content. I’m sure we can expect more of them in the future. To many fans’ horror! Haha

Maybe these songs are her "fun" songs, maybe they are a commercial driven songs because of her label demand (more commercial "fun" songs are always singles for her last decade so... she started RH a little bit diffrent, but released BIM, MX only Madellin and Crave are offical singles) . Nobody knows. For sure it's not the full body of work in one style like her previous efforts. Madame X it's a "global album" (she said smt like this), for me a little bit too global. But sure, she's going for more "fun" in the future.

A new video inspired by the song, created by Madonna and TIME Studios, weaves together footage of the survivors of the Parkland shooting, supporters of LGBTQ equality, Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman’s powerful testimony about sexual abuse, first responders to natural disasters and other social justice movements. The video, directed by Peter Matkiwsky, tells the story of a global population fighting for rights, recognition and survival.

https://time.com/5608577/madonna-i-rise-video/

Never saw this, but nah. This is cheating, I wouldn't count that as a "single with video", but okay it was. Anyway still her singles choices in majority are most commercial songs on the records.

It's like American Life part 2 in a couple of songs and then the Bitch Im Loca is knocking the door.... I don't understand this combo.

So MX had 6 videos? Impressed. Poor FG it deserved its moment to shine.

It’s quite clear to me that Warner’s were not yes men. The second they were out of her way the quality control dipped.
Madonna won her freedom but doesn’t like the commercial dip that comes with making that move and you can tell in some of her recent interviews and general uncertain energy at points. The sales and being number one seemed to give her unshakable confidence. 

Just our imagination, once again, running away with us... right?

No Halftime Show, no Weekend feauturing, no EP hint anywhere ... wow, what an incredible bore the next two years will  gonna be if she really planned anything until the biopic release. Such a pity, the EP seemed perfect in timing and format to mantain contact with her fanbase in the between.