New Album Thread

RebelMe

I also won wonder if the biopic will house the new songs she is recording.

I can imagine a double CD soundtrack of songs featured in the film with an additional bunch of new songs added in.

If the period they are focusing on is pre-Madonna through to Ray Of Light, Warner will make most of the money from the soundtrack. By adding in 8 new tracks on the double CD mom can cash in on those nostalgia sales by getting the same cut for her new tracks. I mean..I hope she'd think more about the plot and song relevancy than the money but we know her by now. Knowing M she'd have footage of her walking the streets of New York in 1979 to Bitch I'm Madonna. lol.

A double disc of the songs she wants to use in the film might see her picking some of her personal favourites and not necessarily all the obvious songs. I'd say the only four songs we know are defo in are Everybody (first single), Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer and Vogue cause we've seen the script notes. Probably an Evita one in there too. She'll probably discard all the songs she thinks are "redacted" . That leaves a lot of scope for new songs...possibly some unreleased songs from the time (which would be super cute), and songs she feels tell her story better than Cherish and Into The Groove. (though if Into The Groove is not included there will be riots I tell thee.

Who knows. Most soundtracks are one disc (Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman) but there will likely be a Greatest Hits to follow or coincide and these new tracks may be for that...or an entirely new album. Who knows what mom has cooking up. It;'s gonna be a mega exciting year when it happens. Probably the last big hurrah dare I say x

There's no way the biopic will feature more than one new song. She has enough hits (And I mean real hits, not Candy Shop and GMAYL) for three movies. She will need to cut so many of her iconic songs due to time constraints that I highly doubt she'll include more than one new song. She needs one for the Oscars/awards but other than that it will be her hits.

I guess it would depend on how long the movie takes if this album comes out before it or along with the movie. Obviously the album would be more successful if it’s timed with the movie. 
Ideally I would like a new album  a volume of greatest hits, and a volume of older lesser known songs or never before released demos to go along with the movie.  A 3 cd or disc set! 

2 minutes ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

There's no way the biopic will feature more than one new song. She has enough hits (And I mean real hits, not Candy Shop and GMAYL) for three movies. She will need to cut so many of her iconic songs due to time constraints that I highly doubt she'll include more than one new song. She needs one for the Oscars/awards but other than that it will be her hits.

She could release an album inspired by the movie. Doesn’t mean the songs would feature in the movie. But given how long movies take, a new album might come out before the movie and be a separate thing. 

14 minutes ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

well yes but it's all about what's relevant to the script isn't it. Let's not forget this isn't a musical. 

What would be the point in including songs like Open Your Heart, La Isla Bonita, Cherish, Hanky Panky, Secret, Bad Girl, Deeper & Deeper, Lucky Star. What's the story and why is it integral to he career?

When you look back at her career and see the "moments" they are built around certain songs. From 80's I'd probably say that's ltd to

Everybody (first single)

Holiday (first hit)

Like A Virgin (MTV)

Material Girl / (Sean)

Papa Dont Preach (abortion)

Like A Prayer (Pepsi)

Express Yourself ( Her anthem / Blond Ambition Tour)

and maybe Live To Tell / Into The Groove / Crazy For You if she addresses her film career and then It'll only be one of them. Maybe Dress You Up for the opening night of her first tour. 

90's

Vogue (Gay fanbase / Blond Ambition)

Justify My Love (but they'll probably jump forward to Erotica for the controversy and backlash rather than cover the same ground twice)

Take A Bow - Return to the number one spot but they might even skip this period altogether and use Evita as her moment of looking for salvation and focus on the pregnancy and use Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Ray Of Light - Lourdes birth the full circle moment 

Outside of that nothing really screams of anything fundamental to her story in terms of controversial moments. That's only 12 songs. Who knows though.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Express Yourself ( Her anthem / Blond Ambition Tour)

Everything leading up to this film for me is IF this is included and HOW they plan to re-create it. It would probably be a clip, and then for another 50 years we'll be begging for her to "leak the full performance" :suffer: full circle bahahaha. I hope sis can dance :04:

37 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Everything leading up to this film for me is IF this is included and HOW they plan to re-create it. It would probably be a clip, and then for another 50 years we'll be begging for her to "leak the full performance" :suffer: full circle bahahaha. I hope sis can dance :04:

The killer thing about this is that you just know they have B roll footage in HD of the actual event and will probably dig it out and use the actual audience shots. 

I think a really interesting twist on this biopic would be if they switched the artistic lens and made her real life in colour and the musical performances in black and white in a role reversal of Truth or Dare.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
15 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

Why is this new album taking so long? Jeez! Ariana or any other artist makes music every single year! With madonna theres always a 2-4 year waiting time, No wonder the public forgets about her.

She's just had hip surgery, has six children, a movie to make and a concert film to edit. I'm pleasantly stunned that she's found time to record new music.

This is why I dislike new album threads, people eventually get annoyed and start acting like they're being owed an album and the artist is a b for not delivering it when they want it. 

There is literally no official news about any music being recorded. But  because fans make shit up, it ends up like "why isn't she releasing the music that liar said she already recorded?!"

I'm actually amazed by this woman's energy.

She made a tour, recover from covid, got a hip surgery and made a whole script for a movie... in less than a year.

Now she has reunited with Patrick Leonard, traveled the world, wrote an album, edited a whole tour, made a distribution deal, got in shape and is getting ready to direct the biopic of her life... and it's just february!

HOW?! And I'm not saying this as a fan, but how the hell does someone achieves so much in such a short period of time? Does she owns Hermione's Time Turner, or what? Damn.

Edited by alvaroliam (see edit history)

21 hours ago, o_g_c_x said:

Do we have a proof that the Pat Leonard rumour is true?

No.

It is interesting that people on this forum have been discussing about Patrick being quiet and thought he could be working with Madonna before that "insider" said anything about Patrick being involved. It could be just a coincidence, but still it is interesting.

Madonna was in the studio with Amir “Cash” Esmailian in November. We don't know why. Maybe she was just there to decide when they will produce her new music. Other possibility is Madonna's boyfriend and his music.

The "insider" said Madonna is currently in the studio with a producer that she hasn't worked with before. 

• 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, steady75 said:

It would seem to indicate that she hasn’t already which isn’t what we have been hearing rumours of. 
Madame X is a damn  liar.

I.. remember looking at her bush. 

Hmmm we know Madame X only reveals what she wants to reveal and most of all when she wants to reveal it. The timeline of her insta posts or hints is often misleading (sometimes on purpose i believe). I see it more as a confirmation that she has already started to pen or put down some ideas for new music. Didn't that insider said she had produced a couple of demos with Leonard and plan to rework them with a new producer ? Most of people said it couldn't be reliable because no way she would make new music that soon. Her new insta post hints that new music is indeed on the table...