New Album Thread

RebelMe

On 2/17/2021 at 1:42 AM, steady75 said:

well yes but it's all about what's relevant to the script isn't it. Let's not forget this isn't a musical. 

What would be the point in including songs like Open Your Heart, La Isla Bonita, Cherish, Hanky Panky, Secret, Bad Girl, Deeper & Deeper, Lucky Star. What's the story and why is it integral to he career?

When you look back at her career and see the "moments" they are built around certain songs. From 80's I'd probably say that's ltd to

Everybody (first single)

Holiday (first hit)

Like A Virgin (MTV)

Material Girl / (Sean)

Papa Dont Preach (abortion)

Like A Prayer (Pepsi)

Express Yourself ( Her anthem / Blond Ambition Tour)

and maybe Live To Tell / Into The Groove / Crazy For You if she addresses her film career and then It'll only be one of them. Maybe Dress You Up for the opening night of her first tour. 

90's

Vogue (Gay fanbase / Blond Ambition)

Justify My Love (but they'll probably jump forward to Erotica for the controversy and backlash rather than cover the same ground twice)

Take A Bow - Return to the number one spot but they might even skip this period altogether and use Evita as her moment of looking for salvation and focus on the pregnancy and use Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Ray Of Light - Lourdes birth the full circle moment 

Outside of that nothing really screams of anything fundamental to her story in terms of controversial moments. That's only 12 songs. Who knows though.

I'm just replying to this now but I think you're spot on! 

Everbody

Holiday

Like a virgin

Into the groove

Material Girl

Papa don't preach

Like a prayer

Express yourself

Vogue

Erotica

Don't cry for me Argentina

Ray of light

I would add

Pre-fame demo (we know she's been going through them) 

Promise to try (death of mother flashbacks) 

Music (Rocco and 2nd marriage)

MDNA era (divorce, ageism, Superbowl) 

Rebel heart (stella, Estere, end of movie) 

We know she intends to cover her whole life

8 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I think the new music she is/will be creating is related to the movie project. Maybe she'll be a I'm Breathless and release 2CD project. One CD with hits that appear in the movie, one CD with new songs that appear in the movie and/or were inspired by it. 

Well that matches with what the insider said on pop justice, that the new music/album is planned to be released at the same time as the biopic. 

3 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

popjustice.png

The person that once hinted at Madonna working with Pat Leonard, said all of this in response to Madonna's guitar picture hinting at new music in the future.

I’m sorry, but if people are believing this then they must have gone mad. It’s very clear now that Madonna hasn’t recorded anything this year or last year, except for Levitating and Malik.

4 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

People can say what theu want but that person on Pop Justice has said several true things during the recording process of Madame X.  He/she was giving many info to the talented Robster for him to repost and many things turns out true.

Exactly. I've been there for a while and that user has a good reputation.

But we'll see.

37 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

She tours every 3 years, counting since the last performance... so next time should be on 2023. I guess she will start working on new music around the fall, and recording during 2022. We should expect a big lapse of #soon and twins. 

I’m totally fine with this. We’ll probably get an album by the end of 2022! I just hope she takes her time and releases something inspired like MX. 

51 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I’m totally fine with this. We’ll probably get an album by the end of 2022! I just hope she takes her time and releases something inspired like MX. 

I'd like something less "engaged". I love Madame X, but two political and experimental albums in a row is a bit much for me (and the general public too, probably). I'd love an album like Music, experimental in sound but groovy and with sing-along songs and a fresh new look. 

I don't think she'll go 2011/2012 all over again, by that I mean making a film, a record, playing at super bowl, planning a world tour and promoting all this stuff at the same time

I believe she'll focus on a project at the time. In this pandemic we saw she finishing her part on the script for the biopic before finishing the edit and sound mix for Madame X so there's no reason to believe she's on a rush to do it all at once.

I love Greg’s production but P!nk is not my bag. I just get the vibe there’s gonna be a fun side project album mixtape thing with R’n’B and hip hop influences before her next big pop gurl project that ties in with the biopic.

She seems to be in a light hearted frame of mind. Grab life post pandemic. Trump is out of office and I think there’s a genuine need for optimism in the world right now. Things have been very very real for five years. I don’t think anyone needs reminding of how shit things are generally. We know all too well.

I always thought that glorious technicolour shine promoted during World War Two was utterly delusional and not appropriate. Now I actually see that it wasn't about ignoring what was going on in the world it was about relieving people of that physiological hardship and taking them out of their hard lives for a couple of hours to reinstall Some joy and more importantly hope. 

When things are real as real.. you don’t need reminding. You’re living it. You need some escapism. I think this is the time. 
I suppose you could say we… need a holiday. 

6 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I'd like something less "engaged". I love Madame X, but two political and experimental albums in a row is a bit much for me (and the general public too, probably). I'd love an album like Music, experimental in sound but groovy and with sing-along songs and a fresh new look. 

Ditto! I’d like a feel good dance album. Something that unites people. Something close to Confessions. Dance dance and more dance. :lord:

I'm concerned that, by the time she makes that new record, all this current disco frenzy will be over and fans will complain that she has been late at the trend once again. 

I trust her as of late with making some fresh sounding tunes and I'm sure she'll do the same with the next album, as long as she doesn't overproduce herself again.