New Album Thread

RebelMe

10 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Is disco really a trend though? I always thought it is a classic style coming from the 1970’s.  Hasn’t it always been a part of pop dance oriented music since then? 

It's much more prominent now than it was back in 2005 when Hip Hop and RnB ruled the charts. Also, after Dua Lipa made Future Nostalgia as a tribute to Madonna's COADF, it would be weird if M made a similar record. I'm sure she'd do something hot with the genre but sometimes people need no reason to attack her of being late and irrelevant.

Is disco really a trend though? I always thought it is a classic style coming from the 1970’s.  Hasn’t it always been a part of pop dance oriented music since then? 

It's much more prominent now than it was back in 2005 when Hip Hop and RnB ruled the charts. Also, after Dua Lipa made Future Nostalgia as a tribute to Madonna's COADF, it would be weird if M made a similar record. I'm sure she'd do something hot with the genre but sometimes people need no reason to attack her of being late and irrelevant.

42 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It was an Avicci track from the beginning and ended as an Avicci. No one else reworked it but him and his team.

I thought Madonna re-worked it with someone from her team as there was an article in the press about how Avicci commented that he did not especially like how it been changed and that they made it worse but maybe he was talking about the other tracks - I know the comments were taken out of context too by the press but think he made some remark that he liked his production better before they changed it - who knows though.  I don't think the album credits for Rebel Heart are not 100% accurate as Ryan Tedder did some work on some of them but is not credited yet the final versions of Hold Tight and Joan of Arc sound like they have his touch on them

8 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I thought Madonna re-worked it with someone from her team as there was an article in the press about how Avicci commented that he did not especially like how it been changed

All the demos of Rebel Heart that leaked were all done by Avicci. He’s the sole producer credited on the album version (along with his team of Salem Al Fakir, Magnus Lidehall, and Vincent Pontare)

11 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Ryan Tedder did some work on some of them but is not credited yet the final versions of Hold Tight and Joan of Arc sound like they have his touch on them

We don’t even know what his involvement was. He might have been asked to send tracks but nothing was ever used. Hold Tight started as a Diplo song.  

6 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

It’s so weird how Madonna is listed as the sole producer on Hold Tight - what happened there?

She revised it herself to her own liking?

You’re forgetting the album was originally suppose to be out in April, but was moved up a month earlier. Hold Tight was also part of the preorder released schedule, and was made available in February. Madonna had to rush release a lot of those tracks. Especially Bitch I’m Madonna, which isn’t even the finished version. Diplo released his final mix on SoundCloud on Feb 2015.

14 minutes ago, deathproof said:

She revised it herself to her own liking?

You’re forgetting the album was originally suppose to be out in April, but was moved up a month earlier. Hold Tight was also part of the preorder released schedule, and was made available in February. Madonna had to rush release a lot of those tracks. Especially Bitch I’m Madonna, which isn’t even the finished version. Diplo released his final mix on SoundCloud on Feb 2015.

OMG WHAT!!!! Do u have the link on hand?

1 minute ago, Shoful said:

Oh wow. Sounds mostly the same but definitely sounds more refined and crisp. Also sounds so weird without screaming part at the end haha

It sounds so much better. More pop. And the structure is better, it no longer has those annoying drops. This is the only version of the song that matters to me, otherwise I would never give the song the time of day :coffee:

4 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It sounds so much better. More pop. And the structure is better, it no longer has those annoying drops. This is the only version of the song that matters to me, otherwise I would never give the song the time of day :coffee:

I cannot believe I never knew of this version. Do you have like an "Alternative" version of Rebel Heart with all the best versions?