New Album Thread

RebelMe

On 6/11/2021 at 9:23 PM, RinoTheBouncer said:

Some wishes for the next album:

1. Sci-fi visual album with a space twist and throwback theme to the 70s, 80s and 90s. Something like Wandavision evolving through time with top-notch visuals, music in the style of Daft Punk's Random Access Memories and a whole film capturing a story and a journey.

2. An experimental visual album with music like Mer Girl, Bedtime Story and Bjork weird and crazy style.

3. Ballads album with evening dresses and classy looks.

I'm there for 1 and 2.  I love her ballads,  but I could live without an entire release of them.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:23 PM, RinoTheBouncer said:

Some wishes for the next album:

1. Sci-fi visual album with a space twist and throwback theme to the 70s, 80s and 90s. Something like Wandavision evolving through time with top-notch visuals, music in the style of Daft Punk's Random Access Memories and a whole film capturing a story and a journey.

Who the hell are you and why are you spying my thoughts? ?

This is EXACTLY what I've been thinking: a retro space aesthetic with some WandaVision mystery elements in the narrative could be AMAZING. Colours and effects like the GOTG Vol. 2 credits scene.

Also, she has never done space visuals, so I'm here for it.

On 6/11/2021 at 6:23 PM, RinoTheBouncer said:

2. An experimental visual album with music like Mer Girl, Bedtime Story and Bjork weird and crazy style.

Oh God please no. Madame X already had more experimental and avant-garde songs than I could stand. If I wanted to listen to something Bjork-esque, I'd just listen to Bjork.

On 6/15/2021 at 10:29 PM, alvaroliam said:

Who the hell are you and why are you spying my thoughts? ?

This is EXACTLY what I've been thinking: a retro space aesthetic with some WandaVision mystery elements in the narrative could be AMAZING. Colours and effects like the GOTG Vol. 2 credits scene.

Also, she has never done space visuals, so I'm here for it.

Connected on a subconscious level! Haha ??

Yes! She did everything from Joan of Arc to Asian Influences to Dominatrix, to Middle Easter (sort of) to disco to 40s/50s styles.

Futuristic is one thing she hasn’t done yet and it works if she collaborates with the right people and with a good enough budget to make it something truly special.

It would really fit her, because she’s been creating art for almost 5 decades so what’s a better way to celebrate the recent throwback trend than to throwback everything she’s done with a sci-fi twist?

*praying*

On 6/16/2021 at 5:52 AM, soduster said:

https://ibb.co/2NvJmBZ

something is about to hit us...?

the worst thing is that everything sounds for me like new music is on the way and I’m really trying not to expect anything, but I cant, I just can’t ?

I dunno. She’s very good at teasing. And then nothing happens ?

On 6/17/2021 at 7:20 AM, RinoTheBouncer said:

Connected on a subconscious level! Haha ??

Yes! She did everything from Joan of Arc to Asian Influences to Dominatrix, to Middle Easter (sort of) to disco to 40s/50s styles.

Futuristic is one thing she hasn’t done yet and it works if she collaborates with the right people and with a good enough budget to make it something truly special.

It would really fit her, because she’s been creating art for almost 5 decades so what’s a better way to celebrate the recent throwback trend than to throwback everything she’s done with a sci-fi twist?

*praying*

Bedtime Story video was quite futuristic surrealism but yeah I get what you mean 

Insider about new music:

"Yes. She has starded during the last quarter of 2020 with Pat Leonard. The plan was to have an album ready before shooting the biopic and to release both at same time - multi release and Madonna everywhere. She planned to rework the Leonard tracks with another producer early 2021, they did and things were put aside. Things then took another direction, she met two new producers, one in particular, and decided to start everything from scratch with him with fresh new ideas and direction. It's not sure she will use the Leonard tracks considering the new productions."

Why is every time before an album this pat Leonard story keeps cropping up ? Of course most favs would love it to be true but her music tastes for better or worse seem to always be the current top 40 producers of today sadly and Pat doesn’t make this kind of music ? Of course I would love her to go back to basics and work with one producer and use real musicians etc but just can’t see it ?

On 6/19/2021 at 11:30 PM, wtg1987 said:

Why is every time before an album this pat Leonard story keeps cropping up ? Of course most favs would love it to be true but her music tastes for better or worse seem to always be the current top 40 producers of today sadly and Pat doesn’t make this kind of music ? Of course I would love her to go back to basics and work with one producer and use real musicians etc but just can’t see it ?

Maybe because we all know that this is the only way to stop her career from further dwindling down? People don’t want her to do music people who are thirty years younger do equally well or better. People don’t want her to go all indie because that’s not why people used to like her. People expect an universally accessible Madonna who does great and timeless pop music. Sadly, most music that is done today will sound incredibly dated in a few years as there is hardly anything timeless about it. It’s like the early 90s again with all that Eurotrash. It was the hot shit back then but it sounds so bad and cringy now thirty years later. There’s a good reason Madonna has never collaborated with the Vengaboys or Ace of Base. 

she doesn’t have to collaborate with Pat Leonard but she desperately needs someone with whom she does not follow a current trend but sit back and think about what Madonna used to sound like. There is golden thread going from Papa Don’t Preach up to Hung Up. Even though she has covered all sorts of genres you could always hear that it’s her. And that’s what she needs. A co-Writer and a producer who is able to make a Madonna-record and not a record that sounds like Madonna doing things other people do. 

45 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I’m lost! What info?

Insider about new music:

"Yes. She has starded during the last quarter of 2020 with Pat Leonard. The plan was to have an album ready before shooting the biopic and to release both at same time - multi release and Madonna everywhere. She planned to rework the Leonard tracks with another producer early 2021, they did and things were put aside. Things then took another direction, she met two new producers, one in particular, and decided to start everything from scratch with him with fresh new ideas and direction. It's not sure she will use the Leonard tracks considering the new productions."

Also in the link I posted. Unsure who this insider person is but apparently he was right about a few things about Madame X, idk