New Album Thread

RebelMe

On 6/16/2021 at 12:42 PM, Nahual said:

Madame X already had more experimental and avant-garde songs than I could stand. If I wanted to listen to something Bjork-esque, I'd just listen to Bjork.

5fcqyc.jpg.0e4c456fb4cc1c69b8fe846b17ffcb21.jpg

I really hope any new project will be a continuation of Madame X. If I wanted to listen to songs about dancing, I'd just listen to Kylie. 

On 6/21/2021 at 5:04 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Insider about new music:

"Yes. She has starded during the last quarter of 2020 with Pat Leonard. The plan was to have an album ready before shooting the biopic and to release both at same time - multi release and Madonna everywhere. She planned to rework the Leonard tracks with another producer early 2021, they did and things were put aside. Things then took another direction, she met two new producers, one in particular, and decided to start everything from scratch with him with fresh new ideas and direction. It's not sure she will use the Leonard tracks considering the new productions."

Oh .. well this really breaks my heart. She does need a real writer now, she needs to provide structured and solid pop songs, arranged with a modern touch, but not more than that. If she could release a classic M track a la Like a Prayer, Frozen, La Isla Bonita she could still have a chance to be respected and maybe even chart again as she'd deserve. She could have got it if she releaesd Rebel Heart, especially the Avicii demo, as a lead single in 2015. 

Anyway I think that another trend following album would be a huge mistake, especially if she wants to release the new work with the biopic. Madame X almost got her back to the old good attitude: concept, experimentation, atmosphere. The lyrics were not at her usual level (the subjects were interesting though) and some tracks went out too cahotic imo (even if the musical themes were good, I think of Dark Ballet or God Controll for example), but the journy around the roots of gobal rithm and music was beautiful and some tracks were real pop masterpieces (Batuka, Killers, Come Alive, Crave, I don't search I find). 

If she releases a bitchy-trendy work again now, it will really be a definitive let down for me: Pat team here guys, #patteam, it's been such a long time!!