New Album Thread

RebelMe

Note:

Please keep this thread healthy. No more unnecessary fights. We all have or had different opinions or points of view, but this is not something to be furious or to attack one another. 

Can we start 2021 the way it deserve? Be patient, be comprehensible, be kind. Don't be a reason for them closing this thread as well, be the reason to keep it going. 

Peace and love. 

strike a pose madonna GIF

Wait what? I just read that:

M & Pat Leonard have worked on 6 tracks together (for now). One of them is called "I can't help myself"  (like mentionned on the previous page). Another one talks about her father, and the tumultuous relations M has/had with her brothers and sisters, and asks herself if everything would be different if her mother was alive, and also confess she doesn't spend enough time with her father, uncounsciously probably because she connects family with sorrow since her mother passed away. "Who is to blame ?!" She keeps on asking several times in the song. Most of the 6 songs are ballads or mid tempo.  Another producer is gonna work with them in February.

Is his source reliable or what?

I want her to discover something new but also to keep herself away from any rappers and "iconic queens" that are popular now on social medias. Madame was an interesting jorney for me and I love that album even that I think it would be better without vocal effects. Hope for something more organic the next time. Right now I don't see her doing another album at all, she is in Kenya enjoying in her life and that ass job that she did recently makes me wonder how the hell she is gonna perform (if she ever again) with that juicy trunk with edges?! ??

I think a new album is the perfect segue way to the biopic. If true, working with Pat Leonard could possibly bridge this perfectly. An autobiographical album and possibly a Like A Prayer act II, could set the stage to officially announce the biopic project, movie soundtrack/hits, possible books, and new recording contract deal, vinyl reissues, unreleased demos, etc etc all starting in February after her family holiday. Maybe a fabulous collab with Sufjan Stevens, Perfume Genius, Pet Shop Boys, Future Islands and/or Orville Peck ... ok to Weeknd too. A comeback reunion with Donna and Nikki on back vocals. A video featuring past dancers from early tours. Let me dream in lockdown peace ... :cryin2:

1 hour ago, Rory said:

I think a new album is the perfect segue way to the biopic. If true, working with Pat Leonard could possibly bridge this perfectly. An autobiographical album and possibly a Like A Prayer act II, could set the stage to officially announce the biopic project, movie soundtrack/hits, possible books, and new recording contract deal, vinyl reissues, unreleased demos, etc etc all starting in February after her family holiday. Maybe a fabulous collab with Sufjan Stevens, Perfume Genius, Pet Shop Boys, Future Islands and/or Orville Peck ... ok to Weeknd too. A comeback reunion with Donna and Nikki on back vocals. A video featuring past dancers from early tours. Let me dream in lockdown peace ... :cryin2:

You're not the only one dreaming hon trust me! ALL of this would be AMAZING to me too I totally agree! I can't believe the talk of M working with Leonard again is getting so much shit I mean they are literally CLASSIC together & the sound they would create would undeniably be just what true fans are longing for! That's the thing about Madonna tho & always has been - some people like literally everything she does, some only like 80's M, some only like Erotica SEX M, some only like Hard Candy Madonna, for some COADF was untoppable & some thought Madame X was THE BEST. With so many different eras, styles, reinventions & iconic moments it's rare to find fans who are so open to certain things & that's why M's fan base is so differentiated. But true fans know the magic that has been created in the past between these 2 & therefore anyone who says it's a bad idea or anything aside from a great, interesting rumor/idea is just talking out their ass! I hope M makes a crazy huge comeback like none before & proves everyone wrong about her being over! No one is rooting for her more than me trust! More than anything tho I hope she learns to truly embrace her legacy & realizes the DEMANDS for things from the past/vaults like re-released vinyls, demo albums, photo outtakes, video remasters, AMAZING box sets, tour DVD's & BluRays, greatest hits tours etc....... NOTHING would make fans happier & I think it would totally reignite interest in her from the regular public! 

I am very hopeful that this biopic wont be a complete disaster & have to keep reminding myself that she is in complete charge of it from casting to writing to directing so I just have to trust that she wont let me down which (aside from the ass implants) she really never has truly disappointed me. As for the new album, I am up for whatever but would love most for a return to what made us all fall in love with her in the first place - an upbeat dance album without a bunch of vocoders & autotune - just her beautiful voice with some killer beats - & of course a ballad or 2 like no one else but her can deliver. Don't worry about features & grillz & experimentation this time around you have already done all of that & have nothing else to prove! Give people what they want for once - simple. And as for tours, I am one of those who could care less whether she dances around or does all these crazy theatrics - I would be completely happy if she sat on a stool or chair the whole damn show & just sang her little heart out! But give us some songs never sung before like This Used To Be My Playground, I'll Remember, Love Profusion, How High..... I could go on & on LOL & don't feel like you have to change them all this time. Do the studio versions. I think whatever she does as far as tour will be great as long as she actually does it. OK enough rambling, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I am BEYOND EXCITED for new music!!! And as long as it's not a bunch of features with Nicki Minaj or anyone else for that matter I am there for it! Bring it on 2021!!!!! I hope the rumors are true!!! 

Yes, I also think that we won't get any new music anytime soon.

She will be busy with the biopic and the music for it will obviously be created during the post-production period at the end of 2021 - 2022.

I also think the rumors of a duo and performance with The Weekend are just a stan fantasy. Which went after Madonna met with his manager Cash to advance her bf's career.

I often read the news in Abel's reddit and it never mentioned Madonna's name in any way. I would rather believe that Drake or Daft Punk will take part in the halftime.

in any case, I will be really glad if any of this happens

Into The Groove Diary GIF by Madonna

9 hours ago, Rory said:

A comeback reunion with Donna and Nikki on back vocals

I keep thinking about that. And how much it would mean to them and their fans. The three of them together were magic.

But if I’m being honest, I don’t think it would work with the Madonna today. I don’t think they’d get along. I feel like Nikki and Donna really stayed true to themselves over the years. And M being the ultimate chameleon is definitely not the same person she was in 2001, or even in ‘06 her last time with Donna. Can you imagine Nikki putting up with her lateness on a tour? LOL heads would roll, bitch.

Why does everyone keep saying she needs to return to the dancefloor. And how we desperately need a dance album. Are you all forgetting the 70 DANCE songs we got from 2005-2015. We get one non-dance oriented album, and everyone's crying about it now. Does no one remember how bad Hard Candy and MDNA are when they were full dance albums:Madonna038:

I'm all in for a dance pop sound. Full on and short (8-10 songs). Bring it back to the beginning and tie it in with the movie. Two cd's. cd one would be the soundtrack to the movie, and cd two would be new music like I'm Breathless, songs inspired by the movie........Two separate packages.

M.jpg

Edited by Lucky90210 (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Why does everyone keep saying she needs to return to the dancefloor. And how we desperately need a dance album. Are you all forgetting the 70 DANCE songs we got from 2005-2015. We get one non-dance oriented album, and everyone's crying about it now. Does no one remember how bad Hard Candy and MDNA are when they were full dance albums:Madonna038:

I wouldn't say they were the type of "dance" the general public and a lot of fans (not me) were asking for though. A dance album somewhere between What's Your Pleasure and Future Nostalgia would certainly be a good idea "commercially"....but I don't think she's too bothered about that these days.