New Album Thread

RebelMe

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

This isn't directed to you, but Madame X is hardly experimental except for maybe Dark Ballet and the song structure of God Control. 

Let me just educate you on the magnificence that is MADAME X. Reasons of the experimental songs below:
1. Medellín ~ A very bold move for a lead single. Yes it has Maluma but it is in no way commercial. The structure of the song is bizarre. The whispering one two cha cha. The heavy autotune and mostly spoken in Spanish song makes for a very experimental song. The instrumental alone has a very obscure and complex structure to it. 
2. Dark Ballet ~ Obvious enough for you to get it

3. God Control ~ Not only is the structure of the song is experimental but the way she speaks sings and screams is wildly out there. The way she angrily speaks as her mouth is sown shut is so artistic and impactful and the way she chants at the end brings chill to me. She uses a weird voice throughout to sound kinda crazed. 

4. Future ~ Yes it features a commercial artist but the way she speaks is experimental. She chants the verses in a disturbing mumbled voice echoing how dire it is to wake up

5. Batuka ~ Really need I say more. Call & Response. Political message. Electronics. Batukadeiras  

6. Killers ~ very experimental and bold verses. political message. The instrumental WOW i doubt you will ever hear a song this wicked ever again. The beat this has is insane and something no commercial artist would ever make. the incorporation of Portuguese lyrics!

7. Come Alive ~ The song literally uses slave made instruments for the purpose of hoping for freedom. 

8. Extreme Occident ~ How was this not on your list. I feel like how this song is experimental is obvious. Heavy electronica, bizarre structure, instrumental breakdown and how it shifts completely in the last minute. 

9. IDSIF ~ Echoes Erotica. Erotica is an experimental album fyi. No one has this type of spoken interlude and sound

10. I Rise ~ Literally includes a controversial political speech at the beginning

11.Ciao Bella ~ Weird structure. Mostly spoken in an African dialect. No mainstream artist would make a song like this. 

Now get some tastes so we can Ven Conmigo to the Madame X Tour DVD 

200.gif

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

People are just throwing around the word experimental. 

Some stuff on Madame X are experimental and some stuff are simply creative. And there are some solid or basic efforts too.

And some things are just odd. To run all your vocals through autotune is hardly experimental. 
Madame X has a few highlights that are outside the usual pop music box. But there are also several tracks that some would label experimental due to their structure or production choices whereas others would say that these songs simply lack a decent hook, a tighter song-writing or a decent production. 

Dark Ballet comes to my mind. The first have is a decent but also pretty mediocre song whereas second half of the song is just a hot mess. Production-wise, the songs goes nowhere. You can’t understand what she’s saying, the lyrics are pretty dull („I want to tell you about love and loneliness But it's getting late now“ – I mean, seriously?) and there is no climax or anything in the song. Of course you could say that’s experimental. Or you could say it’s a mixture of bad songwriting and mediocre production that led to a song that starts like a new Bohemian Rhapsody and ends relatively abruptly in the middle of nowhere. 

13 hours ago, Shoful said:

Let me just educate you on the magnificence that is MADAME X. Reasons of the experimental songs below:
1. Medellín ~ A very bold move for a lead single. Yes it has Maluma but it is in no way commercial. The structure of the song is bizarre. The whispering one two cha cha. The heavy autotune and mostly spoken in Spanish song makes for a very experimental song. The instrumental alone has a very obscure and complex structure to it. 
2. Dark Ballet ~ Obvious enough for you to get it

3. God Control ~ Not only is the structure of the song is experimental but the way she speaks sings and screams is wildly out there. The way she angrily speaks as her mouth is sown shut is so artistic and impactful and the way she chants at the end brings chill to me. She uses a weird voice throughout to sound kinda crazed. 

4. Future ~ Yes it features a commercial artist but the way she speaks is experimental. She chants the verses in a disturbing mumbled voice echoing how dire it is to wake up

5. Batuka ~ Really need I say more. Call & Response. Political message. Electronics. Batukadeiras  

6. Killers ~ very experimental and bold verses. political message. The instrumental WOW i doubt you will ever hear a song this wicked ever again. The beat this has is insane and something no commercial artist would ever make. the incorporation of Portuguese lyrics!

7. Come Alive ~ The song literally uses slave made instruments for the purpose of hoping for freedom. 

8. Extreme Occident ~ How was this not on your list. I feel like how this song is experimental is obvious. Heavy electronica, bizarre structure, instrumental breakdown and how it shifts completely in the last minute. 

9. IDSIF ~ Echoes Erotica. Erotica is an experimental album fyi. No one has this type of spoken interlude and sound

10. I Rise ~ Literally includes a controversial political speech at the beginning

11.Ciao Bella ~ Weird structure. Mostly spoken in an African dialect. No mainstream artist would make a song like this. 

This is a reach. :yarn:

IDSIF sounds like  a typical dance dub mix from the 90s. The only difference is that Madonna's song has more lyrics to it. 

I Rise is a simple song. Since when a sample at the start is an experimental thing? Is White Heat experimental?

Medellin has a typical structure, there isn't just a chorus in the first part. Singing in Spanish isn't experimental. 

Experimental lyrics? Did Madonna invent new words?

Like I said, it has experimental moments. Calling it an experimental album doesn't make sense.

4 minutes ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

And some things are just odd. To run all your vocals through autotune is hardly experimental. 
Madame X has a few highlights that are outside the usual pop music box. But there are also several tracks that some would label experimental due to their structure or production choices whereas others would say that these songs simply lack a decent hook, a tighter song-writing or a decent production. 

Dark Ballet comes to my mind. The first have is a decent but also pretty mediocre song whereas second half of the song is just a hot mess. Production-wise, the songs goes nowhere. You can’t understand what she’s saying, the lyrics are pretty dull („I want to tell you about love and loneliness But it's getting late now“ – I mean, seriously?) and there is no climax or anything in the song. Of course you could say that’s experimental. Or you could say it’s a mixture of bad songwriting and mediocre production that led to a song that starts like a new Bohemian Rhapsody and ends relatively abruptly in the middle of nowhere. 

The ending of Dark Ballet was odd. Instead of becoming weirder and even more energetic with that Tchaikovsky sample as a finisher, it ends unexpectedly. 

15 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I agree from the surprising and new direction statements. Either rocky or 80s synth pop. Unlikely to be too dance or electronic since that wouldn’t be surprising and Pat has spoken of his dislike for that style of music. 

If it is true, then Patrick could be just a songwriter (lyrics, music), while the songs could be produced by that producer who worked with The Weeknd. I am surprised that Patrick doesn't like electronic music, considering his latest reinventions of Madonna's hits are kind of electronic.

An 80s snythpop album is a dream. Many less commercial artists did great things with the 80s inspired synthpop in the 2010s. It would suit Madonna. Plus, it wouldn't be a repetition, because Madonna has never done a true synthpop music like some other 80s acts, although her music did have synths at that time.

2 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Here comes the members who are all high & mighty. They get off to people hating Madame X and by calling her genius dull. Meanwhile I stan the greatest album ever made: Madame X! And I enjoy the hell out of the music isn’t that all we could ask for. Now back to my daily twerking of Faz Gostoso 

I think your problem is that just because people don't call Madame X experimental, you assume people think it is bad.

The album is good. Very creative, with some experimental songs and some accessible stuff. But that isn't enough for you. You think it is edgy as  a whole, but it isn't. The album has a dark vibe and that can easily fool anyone. Autotune, vocoders and other stuff she has done before. 

There are other ways to praise it, like calling it profound, although even that can't be applied to every song, because it has its flaws.

P.S. Faz Gostoso is a basic song, and Madonna did a basic cover. A moment when Madonna decides to have some fun, instead of being genius.

41 minutes ago, Justice said:

I think your problem is that just because people don't call Madame X experimental, you assume people think it is bad.

The album is good. Very creative, with some experimental songs and some accessible stuff. But that isn't enough for you. You think it is edgy as  a whole, but it isn't. The album has a dark vibe and that can easily fool anyone. Autotune, vocoders and other stuff she has done before. 

There are other ways to praise it, like calling it profound, although even that can't be applied to every song, because it has its flaws.

P.S. Faz Gostoso is a basic song, and Madonna did a basic cover. A moment when Madonna decides to have some fun, instead of being genius.

The cover she did for Faz Gostoso is not basic. She took a basic song and turned it into a straight up banger, gave her vocals some intense highs and lows and added some hot jungle beats towards the end. IMO it's as good as a cover can get. You might mean that she didn't change the song instrumentation a lot or the genre but she shouldn't have. She made the original one sound flat now and no basic cover could do that. I believe she did a much better job with it than Fever.

Madame X is a great album but it’s not a very rewarding album. Musically it leaves you blue balled a lot of the time and I think some of that it down to intention tbh. My hope for the new album is that she only uses the best chord changes and melodies with the good notes. Pat is a genius at this and it’s why many of thier songs together give you the feels. It’s fundamental. Max Martin has this down to a T. There’s a reason he’s had so many hits. The musicality of his songs resonates in a very human way. Elemental almost. 
I hope the brief for this album is Energy / Optimism / Emotional / Positive. 

I think that’s what her brand needs and it’s what the biopic should focus on. If this paints her as a victim like Marilyn then she’s sort of gone against her ethos all these years.