New Album Thread

RebelMe

1 minute ago, Shoful said:

So you’re not going to give me a cool alternative version....?

Hold up. It all comes down to who’s gay or lez who’s trans or bi it, doesn’t matter what size shlong you’ve got, wine or gin vod, ka or white claw, doesn’t matter what drink you’ve ordered. Cuz we’re only here blow, like there’s no, tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I would listen to all "100." It's a fascinating experience of the recording process.

I'm sorry but I just cannot bring myself to do it haha. I've listened to them here and there but never really sat down and listened. My music ear isn't good enough to pick out all the subtle differences. I would like a nice compact alternate version tho that's like remastered and uses what some consider superior versions.

5 hours ago, Shoful said:

I'm sorry but I just cannot bring myself to do it haha. I've listened to them here and there but never really sat down and listened. My music ear isn't good enough to pick out all the subtle differences. I would like a nice compact alternate version tho that's like remastered and uses what some consider superior versions.

But it's all subjective. I actually prefer all the album versions compared to the demos. Maybe only HeartBreakCity demo 3. What I would change about Rebel heart isn't demo or album version, but the song selection. Too many good songs cut to make space for SEX and Autotune Baby

15 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Never Let You Go and Queen should've made the track list,

I remember when it first leaked Queen was included as a bonus track on the super deluxe edition,

why was it changed?

Maybe it wasn't deemed good for her image? Considering she is the Queen

13 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Never Let You Go and Queen should've made the track list,

I remember when it first leaked Queen was included as a bonus track on the super deluxe edition,

why was it changed?

I read that for contractual reasons, because of limited amount of new content you can put on a second CD without it counting as a second album, they had to cut it short and add remixes instead (that don't count as new content if of an existing song). Maybe it was M's attempt at finishing her contract sooner at the time, who knows :)

7 hours ago, Shoful said:

I don’t care.4FA81880-82D7-4029-B708-0EE92F681D21.jpeg.ae81cabe6b581f5f1ae100971f2899a7.jpeg

You’re doing it

17 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

It's much more prominent now than it was back in 2005 when Hip Hop and RnB ruled the charts. Also, after Dua Lipa made Future Nostalgia as a tribute to Madonna's COADF, it would be weird if M made a similar record. I'm sure she'd do something hot with the genre but sometimes people need no reason to attack her of being late and irrelevant.

It's much more prominent now than it was back in 2005 when Hip Hop and RnB ruled the charts. Also, after Dua Lipa made Future Nostalgia as a tribute to Madonna's COADF, it would be weird if M made a similar record. I'm sure she'd do something hot with the genre but sometimes people need no reason to attack her of being late and irrelevant.

Once more for the cigs at the back!

I was thinking about this the other day. Career peaks and troughs. I think Madonna might have been in her Pet Shop Boys post Very stage for the last 10 years. Three albums that don't make a great deal of impact and feel like her "difficult years". Still commercially successful but not as on succinctly on brand as her other stuff. Then a big re-awakening and "we love her again" from the wider press and general public. Most artists have had it. I think Madonna is an anomaly because she was just at the top of her game for so damn long. Here's to a general public reawakening and appreciation era that will last til the end. the teens will be viewed and her awkward teenage years in years to come. I'm ready for her roaring 20's.

What i mean is with so many biopics - Elvis, Cher, Boy George, Whitney, Carole King - the Madonna one needs to be great to stand out and not to seem again following a trend.

https://www.thewrap.com/music-biopics-after-rocketman-elvis-presley-aretha-franklin/

https://www.smoothradio.com/news/entertainment/2021-movies-musical-biopics/

I like whenever she experiments. This is going to be a very unpopular opinion but I would be more pleased if her next album was more about weird/psychedelic sounds rather than disco. I’m not really hyped about it and I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t want to repeat herself either. At the same time I hope she doesn’t stop releasing new single EPs and remixes, which are some of the reasons why I’m a big fan haha

Edited by RayofPrayers (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I'd love to hear go down the Psychedelic genre again, maybe I'm biased because i've been listening to Beautiful Stranger on repeat a lot lately but I am obsessed with the production and layers

Beautuf stranger is one of the best thing she had ever done, period !