New Album Thread

RebelMe

Maybe I'm too cynical, but I find so funny that her works with trendy producers are not her best ones; at the same time it's weird to notice her masterpieces are fruits of her collaborations with unknown or not so popular producers from the underground world and in general with people who are far away from the stardom galaxy. It's definitely so hilarious and tragicomic that it worked so well for 25 years. Time to go back to it?

The Fame Monster & Artpop are Gags best albums. Artpop sounds like a Greatest Hits album and I’ll be forever pressed that her relationship with her team imploded and the project was never realised properly. Artpop Is in my top ten albums of all time. Pure unadulterated pop. Her True Blue / Bad / Purple Rain.

fight me.

21 minutes ago, steady75 said:

The Fame Monster & Artpop are Gags best albums. Artpop sounds like a Greatest Hits album and I’ll be forever pressed that her relationship with her team imploded and the project was never realised properly. Artpop Is in my top ten albums of all time. Pure unadulterated pop. Her True Blue / Bad / Purple Rain.

fight me.

Agreed. ARTPOP is an underrated masterpiece. Its very sad that the full idea was never realized. I actually have an ARTPOP tattoo ?

On 1/13/2021 at 8:06 AM, Erlend said:

Didn't  know she was making a new album. I thought she was busy preparering her movie, as well as spending time in Africa. But what do I know?

Pat Leonard is a good choice.

She can don many things at the same time and make them all work

3 hours ago, Mateusz Klimecki said:

ARTPOP is shitty. Applause is on the same level with Gurls Gone Wild.... Lyrics on this album are horrible.

ARTPOP is so good. Experimental EDM. Wacky af lyrics. It’s the quintessential Gaga album. Deserved more praise and recognition. And we deserve ACT 2:drama:

Don't get me wrong, she tried. She tried to make an pop album combined with a lot of diffrent experimental influences.

Aura - absolutely great. But with original Burqa even more (because of the topic)

Venus - horrible, it's like 3 diffrent songs mixed in one.

GUY - not impressed. instrumental and lyrics okay, but just okay.

Sexxx Dreams - the same

Jewels N Drugs - the same but even a little bit more worst. Gaga cant handle hiphop infulenced trakcs.

ManICure - this had a lot of potential, but something its just missing...

Do What U Want - fantastic song. I love Rkelly and Xtina versions both. Shame that she didnt pull out music video (she could bring a couple of gay friends and make a Justify My Love copy in a hotel room, why not?)

Artpop - great electronic song.

Swine - the same as Manicure. overproduced.

Donatella - pop basic.

Fashion - pop basic, even title it's super reductive (for her)

Mary Jane Holland - good, i can say nothing bad but im not excited.

Dope - i like the very dark "atmosphere" in that song, but it doesn't fit on the album at all.

Grypsy - great pop song.

Applause - pop basic.

So 4 of 15 songs that are stunning. 2 of 15 songs that i like. And pop basics or overproduced, a little bit unfinished (in my opinion) songs.

What I’d love more than anything is for her to abandon the album programme for a while and just turn out a bunch of singles with no through line. Different styles, work with different one off producers from all walks of music, maybe find someone she buzzes off rather than having to commit to a whole project. 
Keep it fun and light. Many artists are now taking a as it comes singles approach. It’s the modern way. She needs something light and not too laboured and heavy. 
Just as and when for a bit. That would be fresh and exciting and reinvigorating for her. Get out of her comfort zone. 
If she finds a new buzz amongst it and it leads to an album project later than great. Concepts can be limiting. 

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

What I’d love more than anything is for her to abandon the album programme for a while and just turn out a bunch of singles with no through line. Different styles, work with different one off producers from all walks of music, maybe find someone she buzzes off rather than having to commit to a whole project. 
Keep it fun and light. Many artists are now taking a as it comes singles approach. It’s the modern way. She needs something light and not too laboured and heavy. 
Just as and when for a bit. That would be fresh and exciting and reinvigorating for her. Get out of her comfort zone. 
If she finds a new buzz amongst it and it leads to an album project later than great. Concepts can be limiting. 

I get that, but I think M likes her projects. She does keep separate folders/binders for each era, after all. Hehe

But you’re right. I wish she could keep it simple and drop songs every now and then. Like many artists do nowadays. 

It's not fair to say M hasn't made masterpieces with popular people in electronic music. It just wasn't that successful because Madonna was way older than women doing it. People here and in general tend to believe that a masterpiece requires an orchestra or a live band and raw vocals. There are songs considered top notch featuring simplistic lyrics, trap beats, altered vocals etc. Grimes made great, not so popular music you'd never forgive Madonna for. Lady Gaga's best song features lyrics like rah rah ah ah ah, gaga ooh lala. Call me maybe has been acclaimed. Don't confuse genre and popularity with the worth of a song. M made Give It 2 Me, I'm Addicted, Devil Pray, Messiah, Future and so much more with popular people and they are wonderful songs that could easily murder lots of her 80's and 90's hits. If people had no idea who she is, like back with Everybody, tunes from her last three albums could have gone to the stratosphere hit wise. I too want her to make a short more cohesive record but then you have most of today's artists do Spotify friendly albums of 14+ tracks and 2,5 minute songs, get away with it and get acclaim with it. 

Fans should trust M with the music and not use double standards too. More than half of even her worst records is pop perfection. She hasn't lost it. Her instincts are very strong, her melodies and lyrics too. We should only judge her with how she promotes the music, which she now has little idea how to.

As for Gaga, since I am not in any forum about her, her best album is either the Fame Monster or Born This Way. My favourite song is Judas, where she says love is like a brick that you can either use to build a house with or sink a dead body using its weight. Girl can't write to save her life :lol: Deal with it. She can sing and play instruments beautifully, that's enough. Other than that she doesn't have solid records but experimental collections that are cool. Gladly she has more accepting fans. They're probably gonna hate her when she's 50 unless she goes full on Sinatra and Tony Bennett.

I don’t know what all you are complaining about. Madame X is a career highlight! If she continues on that path I am so content! I want Mirwais and Madonna x1000. If she has more Madame X demos release them as an experimental EP. and include the OG Future without awful Quavo. I wanna grind to political music when the world opens

giphy.gif